Boris Stoke

Far Cry 4: A grenade rolls down everest

I remember when Sleeping Dogs came out there were comments that the Cantonese in the game had a serious Canadian accent to it. In this case I wonder how difficult it is to find voice acting talent from such a specific region. Regardless, it's too bad they couldn't go the extra mile on that one, whatever the rationale.

Ugh, yeah. Like I said, old wounds. Sorry, everybody!

No need to be sorry, the language and dialect stuff is interesting, and I'm not very well versed in it at all.  That map is nuts. 

I'd be really curious to see some people from that region describe how they react to the game, or any game that's featured in an "exotic" location that tries to have regional languages or dialects.  There have been shows set, or at least scenes, in Kansas that have amused the hell out of me for how wrong they get something.  And we're in the same freaking country as the creators.  The tv show Jericho actually had me legitimately laughing at it a few times because of how it screwed up.  For me it's just amusing how ignorant Hollywood types are of a place that's easy and cheap for them to visit.  I'm sure the reaction would range from amused to incensed, but still, I'd like to hear it in their words.

I like the idea of a Kim Jong il type wanting to hang out with, I'm going to assume, some famous American. Considering this has wing suits and is in Nepal, maybe he's like a famous Snowboarder or Xtreme sports guy. So basically some crazy guy just takes you to have a party and psychotic good time fun doing all these crazy, awful things.

Pretty much a hilarious dumb fun plot I can expect from the Farcry series now. I'm sure there was a movie that was like that kind of premise... Last King of Scotland or Lord of War comes to mind.

Pretty sure the eyes comment means the protagonist is either related to or has other family history with the cartoon bad guy.

Well, I'm dumb.

No need to be sorry, the language and dialect stuff is interesting, and I'm not very well versed in it at all.  That map is nuts.

I am just very lucky to have started an RP-heavy playthrough of the Rajas of India DLC for Crusader Kings 2, so all my undergrad- and grad-level history courses on the subcontinent are coming back to me.

The thing is, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bengal, and so on are countries with a scale and diversity of culture on par with all of Europe, so I would sincerely hope that Ubisoft makes the effort to set it somewhere specific if ultimately fictional, rather than putting everything its writing and art teams know about the region in a blender and coming out with something comparable to the odd Polynesian/Malaysian/Melanesian/Micronesian melange of Far Cry 3.

I like the stuff with the bad guy after the random killing, but the killing was dumb and boring. 

I think we're missing the most imporartant point here. Where can i get a repeatedly exploding elephant that's still standing when the smoke clears?

When they assault the fortress in that video does it start off with the player spraying MG-42 bullets at a couple of civilians? That struck me as a little weird.

This could be in response to some people complaining that there were no civilians in FC2.  And that you couldn't kill the animals.  Now you can  blow up animals and shoot civvies on sight.   Hooray.

In 30 Rock, the bumpkin character Kenneth is from Stone Mountain, Georgia. Stone Mountain practically a suburb of Atlanta, the least rural part of the entire state.

I grew up about 10 minutes away from Stone Mountain. You'd be surprised how bumpkin that part of town (the whole Tucker, Stone Mountain, Lilburn area) gets. There's some great putt putt and an awesome roller rink right next door to each other, though!

I really want Ubisoft to show a little respect to where they're choosing to set their game, but I'm sure that they're going to do things like call all of your guides -- and only your guides -- Sherpas. It might be done in an attempt to make a statement about appropriation or othering of other cultures, but if that's even in there it's going to come second to blowing shit up with your rad ass nuclear elephant.

Calling it: RAOTY (rope arrow of the year)!

This and the gyrocoptor id love in the PC version of GTAV whenever it releases. Basically to make GTAV more like Just Cause...

I think we're missing the most imporartant point here. Where can i get a repeatedly exploding elephant that's still standing when the smoke clears?

Fuck man, that elephant looks African. Can't even get the elephant's race right.

Its really strange seeing the game mechanics sharing between Assassins Creed and Far Cry. I've recently been playing AC3 AC4 and FC3. Hunting, crafting, strongholds, animal bait all feel oddly familiar.  I would love if they would make Far Cry Black Flag, rob oil tankers from your speed boat loaded with RPGs.

Fuck man, that elephant looks African. Can't even get the elephant's race right.

Nah, the ears are a slightly odd looking shape in the video thumbnail, but definitely closer to those of an Indian elephant.

This is going to be such a good argument.

That's a really pretty screenshot, goddamn.

Whatever else happens, Far Cry 4 wins the "most colorful FPS Twig has personally seen in recent years" award. Go me! Go FC4!

I can't speak to the authenticity of it, but something at that level is absolutely achievable on today's tech. So are all of those.

That aside, it's still pretty and probably indicative of the look and feel, which is all I was really praising, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

10397841_249218638618868_292060827663224

Meet Far Cry 4 protagonist Ajay Ghale: Kyrat native, devoted son, and Pagan Min's guest of honor.