TychoCelchuuu

David Lynch's Josh Brolin's Campo Santo's Fire Watch With Me: A Motion Picture Event

So wait... Rapture is in our world!?

Yes, but our world is in the mind of an autistic boy staring at a snowglobe

In case anyone missed the thorough linking to the PAX panel over in Idle Banter:

I didn't see a link to today's Firewatch Panel.  Luckily there's already a vod up for it.

Entire Panel

Also, here it is split up into sections, which seemed a handy thing to do.

Intro (7m)

Demo (13m)

Q&A (33m)

Actually I believe they're ghosts.

Also this trailer is incredible. Did anyone else notice the wedding ring? That was a nice touch that added a lot to your character.

Ghosts? Or fire witches?

I'm curious how time works in the game.

They mentioned in one of the panels that you'd play through a day, then get a "two weeks later" sort of thing and that the game takes place over the course of one fire season.

Ghosts? Or fire witches?

its the secret viral successor to Wathdogs, WatchFires. Threequel will be named WatchPaint

Really impressed by the execution of the art, it looks really solid and TF2-esq, so that's super cool.

Jealous that this their day job now, super cool.

In case anyone missed the thorough linking to the PAX panel over in Idle Banter:

Thank you so much both of you!

Did anyone else really love the choice of platform logos at the end of the trailer? I only just noticed.

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-04%20at%2001.59.

The game has me intrigued. Art is gorgeous and the story sounds different & mature. I really look forward to hearing more about it.

But, I'm going to be the guy. What race is the main protagonist?

The game has me intrigued. Art is gorgeous and the story sounds different & mature. I really look forward to hearing more about it.

He's supposed to be half-Indian in a way that makes him look mostly white.

Also, I was already that guy because my friend Shivam, who actually comes from that part of the world, brought it up first. He's furious about the box art. Cultural  appropriation and desecration in the name of painting the charismatic villain as a 'bad guy'.

Edit: wait, this isn't the Far Cry thread

There was a lot of swearing in the trailer!  And the live demo!  Nearly every one of Henry's possible responses included an s-bomb.

Ranger Smith never swore at me!

RangerSmith.png

Wait, this isn't the Far Cry thread

I just can't believe they've harrassed a load of female developers out of the industry.

Wait, this isn't the Feminism thread

Well, I'm going to be that other guy. Why do you ask? For the record I have no idea either. Well, I have an idea that he is white, I suppose.

I was gonna ask this during the stream, unfortunately I only ended up catching the tail end, but has there been any discussion about what the dialog system is going to be like in this game? I know there has been discussion about this on the podcast, and I'm sure Jake & Sean discussed these sorts of things while at Telltale, but I was wondering if there was going to be any sort of different approach to it?