Sign in to follow this  
toblix

#idlethumbs – Join the Idle Thumbs IRC channel!

(2:11:44 PM) Dinosaurs: i always read thermaldetonato as 'thermaldetomato' and its really great for me

(6:48:05 PM) thermaldetonato is now known as thermaldetonatr

you'll live on in my heart, thermal detomato

and also in this slapdash photoshop

hf112A9.png

Ok, I'm a huge dork for missing that character limit! But I have no regrets, because this image came out of it! That's hilarious. 

It has been a weird balance for me in getting more involved on the IRC/forums. On one hand I wanted to use my name at first, because my blogging/writing need all the exposure they can get. On the other hand that's unusual on the IRC/the internet generally. I also was leary about GGers jumping on something I say on here and attacking me for it down the line. I wanted to be able to speak freely/off the cuff/be a weirdo. I'm not it's sure super professional/advisable for a game journalist to be so active on an IRC/forum. Oh well, I feel like Idle Thumbs is an exception, because the community is so great. 

Anyway, thermal detomato forever. 

Am I missing something or has the channel been completely empty for at least the past ten hours? I've never seen no one at all in there before!

EDIT: that's weird, I managed to find the right thing to click on to get me to the proper populated version. I have no idea where I was before. Sorry for all the stupid-tech-question-plus-facepalm-edit posts!

REAL FACT: This is important information that everyone needs to understand isn't an opinion, but is, in fact, a fact.

Twig also thinks that Bulbasaur is the best starter, which goes to show that his views on anything should at least be taken with a boulder of salt.

Twig also thinks that Bulbasaur is the best starter, which goes to show that his views on anything should at least be taken with a Bulbasaur.

Is what I heard in my head.

Look I'll accept that maybe some people like other starters more (fuckin' weirdos), but can we at least all agree that Primeape is the best Pokémon?

Scyther is a flying praying mantis with blades for hands, and, also, the best.

My favorite thing about primape is that it's just a mankey who trained so fucking hard that it needs to wear handicap weights and boxing gloves for fights to be fair.

Right?! See Blambo gets it.

Fuck getting swole. I'm-a get primeape.

Are those boxing gloves and weights? I though they were just his hands and some fancy bracelets.

Also, he's butt-ugly. Worst Pokémon.

I'm glad we settled that! :tup:

Idle Thumbs IRC is the #1 reason why I don't post as much on these forums as I used to. Is that a good thing? A bad thing? YOU DECIDE.

Idle Thumbs IRC is the #1 reason why I don't post as much on these forums as I used to. Is that a good thing? A bad thing? YOU DECIDE.

A bad thing.

It's a bad thing that you don't post as much, but it's a good thing that the IRC is the reason as opposed to, say, you spending all your time at 8chan these days or having developed an allergy to keyboards.

It's a bad thing that you don't post as much, but it's a good thing that the IRC is the reason as opposed to, say, you spending all your time at 8chan these days or having developed an allegory to keyboards.

I poked my nose in today. But having no experience with IRC I couldn't be sure if I had everything working. I found the room and people's names came up. I guess I caught the room in a lull what with my silly futuristic time zone.

I poked my nose in today. But having no experience with IRC I couldn't be sure if I had everything working. I found the room and people's names came up. I guess I caught the room in a lull what with my silly futuristic time zone.

There's always people idling but there can just be no chat for hours at a time.

IRC is definitely something I just have running at all times, because yeah, the amount of activity really ebbs and flows.

I have my IRC running in my private cloud. My presence is always lingering, yet I am never truly there. I am the ghost of #idlethumbs. I suspect many other denizens of IRC are in similar situations.