Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

How did SAM get past that telefragger?

I knew about the croc because of Remo's stream and avoided it by jumping. I also had the ankh with me so I would have been ok in any case.

How did SAM get past that telefragger?

I'm not sure to be honest.  I did the daily before Chris so I didn't have any warning, but it didn't happen to me for whatever reason.

I screwed up on Olmec again and didn't get to Hell.  Next time I'll play it safe like Chris and just bomb a shaft down then lure him into it.  One of these days I'll actually record these.  Maybe.  Possibly.  Probably not.

562, 075 points today. I think the most I've had in a daily so far. In spite of that, I was still 100k points short of hammerpants, and he died 3 levels earlier than me! 

It was greed that was my undoing today, much as it is every day. There were an awful lot of traps in the city of gold, and trying to ghost around them proved too much for me.

I didn't realise you could pick them up and use them.

So they just fire randomly when you're holding them, but you can place them near a wall and shoot them to serve as make shift bombs.

I'm not really sure what motivates me to record my playthroughs...it's not like they get more than a few views that are generally under a minute (mostly people from here skipping to the end, I imagine). I think mainly I like to go back and listen to myself lose it when I die or have a close call. And then I figure why not share that stupidity with the Internet. The thought's crossed my mind to figure out how to stream on Twitch, just to learn how to do it, but it's another level of effort I don't feel like bothering with right now.

I wasted my anhk, I actually wanted to try to visit the city of gold. I got far enough, in fact, I could have reached olmec was it not for the unpredictable scepter. Yeah, I killed myself. So what the verdict on this? Keep the scepter? Or lose it asap?

Oh yeah, I played as Remo :)

I like the scepter. You just have to be careful when using it. It'll go after the closest dead body or enemy so you have to make sure nothing is behind you when you use it. Also croc men can teleport behind you which can also get you killed.

It's the easiest way to take out shopkeepers in the temple as long as you're careful.

I like the scepter. You just have to be careful when using it. It'll go after the closest dead body or enemy so you have to make sure nothing is behind you when you use it. Also croc men can teleport behind you which can also get you killed.

It's the easiest way to take out shopkeepers in the temple as long as you're careful.

Agreed.  If you use it sparingly, it can be quite helpful since you don't need to have a direct line of sight.  Even when I plan on going to the City of Gold, I usually use the scepter on the shopkeeper first so I can get his shotgun.

The other thing to be careful of with the scepter is even after it's hit an enemy, it continues to kind of randomly juggle the body around for a while and I've actually gotten trapped and killed by it in a narrow passage that way.

I wasted my anhk, I actually wanted to try to visit the city of gold. I got far enough, in fact, I could have reached olmec was it not for the unpredictable scepter. Yeah, I killed myself. So what the verdict on this? Keep the scepter? Or lose it asap?

Oh yeah, I played as Remo :)

Siiiiick! Remo as a lucky charm is interesting, haha.

I don't think I'd keep the scepter over a shotgun, which is maybe the question you were asking? Shotgun is safer and usually good enough for most situations.

I'm not really sure what motivates me to record my playthroughs...it's not like they get more than a few views that are generally under a minute (mostly people from here skipping to the end, I imagine). I think mainly I like to go back and listen to myself lose it when I die or have a close call. And then I figure why not share that stupidity with the Internet. The thought's crossed my mind to figure out how to stream on Twitch, just to learn how to do it, but it's another level of effort I don't feel like bothering with right now.

Yeah, I got into a run of not being able to record for various reasons, but I'm still playing most days and think about starting it up again. Even though I have no intention (or desire!) to really have a lot of views or anything. Still, it's fun. I like watching other people's vids so I'll probably start making my own again.

I made quite a mess and destroyed almost everything worthwhile in 1-3. And then I accidentally placed a bomb in the 2-1's kissing booth.