Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

I died to Ol Bitey today because I mistimed a jump and the monkey hit me instead of the other way around. One stun into the air later and it's a long plunge to the bottom.

Third day in a row that I failed to reach Hell, but still managed to beat Olmec. While I might argue that the previous two attempts were foiled because of some unfair and weird bullshit, today was completely a miscalculation and a terrible mistake on my part. I was hanging over some spikes, waiting for a blue frog to jump over me. Instead of jumping clean over me, it actuall hit me, dropped me into the spikes and bye-bye goes the Ankh.

What made today special was that I went through both the Worm and the Mothership. It was the second time ever that I went to the former and the third time I managed to get the plasma gun from the latter. It was also the first time I actually made it through the worm, as well as manage to not kill myself with the plasma gun. I must say that fragging Anubis with it felt really really good.

I'm starting to get back in action. Screwed up a bit in the black market and got taken down, so I lost the ankh. After that a shop keeper got the best of me and managed to sacrifice my in the process.

The shopkeepers were able to climb back up in the black market.

Man, I'm excited to know about that altar now. I missed it because I jumped straight into the shopkeeper, died and spawned in the moai head.

Looks like everybody was doing a My-T-fine job today. Me included.