Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Bad timing in 2-1 killed me. I did pull of some daring ghost avoiding.

An excellent death elmuerte :)

I'll get back to recording PC ones after I've moved house. I've been on the Vita ones most days though. Of course, the one no one else played I beat Olmec with about $450K. Days either side: Fell on spikes in the mines :(

Good grief elmuerte, that ending was intense.

So I've seen hammerpants do this thing where he quickly drops/picks up/drops a bomb to get it closer to a wall. I tried that out a few times at it seemed easy enough. Of course in the daily I had a rock in my hand so I just ended up putting that down, picking up the bomb, and then panicking. It wouldn't have even helped...

So I've seen hammerpants do this thing where he quickly drops/picks up/drops a bomb to get it closer to a wall. I tried that out a few times at it seemed easy enough. Of course in the daily I had a rock in my hand so I just ended up putting that down, picking up the bomb, and then panicking. It wouldn't have even helped...

I've definitely made that mistake a few times.

Well I totally wasted a nice seed.  Early shotgun, easy eye and damsel placements, only to fail at climbing vines in the jungle.

This was the exact thing I did :(.

I bought a Vita for all kinds of reasons, but that's become its sole use.

Same here. I'd love to see more people on the PSN leaderboards - PSN ID's LordKorax.

Made it to the City of Gold, then immediately became an idiot.

I can beat that easily. I became an idiot halfway through 2-2

I was doing quite well in this quite great seed. Quite some health, etc. Then I dropped from the vine between a tikitrap and a hard place. Two stabs later I was dead.

Beat Yama for the first time on a daily.  More than a few close calls, especially because of how few bombs I had.  I lost my shotgun fighting Olmec and couldn't get the amulet in Hell, but I managed to defeat a shopkeeper and take his shotgun thanks to the 30+ health I had.

4vIMqvz.jpg

I managed to complete a Hell run on the Vita daily today while quite appropriately watching the X-Files episode "Hell Money." Then it turned out that somehow I lost connection to the PSN servers despite just sitting on my couch the whole time, and my stats didn't get put on the leaderboard. Hopefully my PC run will go as well as that one did.

God damn, I beat Olmec for the first time on PC today, and OBS didn't record it. I must've fucked up the key press.

I find that especially frustrating given the number of close calls I had with things like shotgun pellets and being a few frames away from infinite yeti punches, but it's there on the leaderboard.

That suck.

For some reason, Spelunky didn't record the Daily Challenge score and time for my first successful Olmec run yesterday. :(

Fuck this shit. I did have some awesome jumps dodging arrow traps.