Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

My practice run was quite ok, except for the fact that I wasted my ankh for being an idiot. So.. good practice means a shitty challenge run. I did not even clear the mines. I was screwing up a lot in 1-3, and the ghost got me because I was getting greedy.

Ha! I win. I didn't die in 1-2. I did mess up enough to decide to steal the shotgun. Coun't find the key so I just continued and died in the back half the jungle. I did quite well.

I got to 4-2 but I didn't record because I'm not sure I'm going to keep doing it.  I'm kind of getting burnt out on Spelunky.  It's still fun, but not as much as it used to be now that I've beat Yama on multiple daily challenges.  And ghosting to improve score or getting better times don't interest me.

I reached the city of gold for the first time ever during my practice. Got killed by the ghost while killing the floating guy. So, great practice means shitty challenge run. Not as shit as some though.

I have been recording my streams recently, and I figured I should post things here! 

Yesterday's seed was pretty much BS:

Also, while I don't recommend watching the entirety of it, the ending of

was pretty shocking for me

It was late and I was listening to the latest episode, so no recording today. I almost died in the cave but managed to go on and even finding the black market without the eye. Continued to the ice world just to mess up clearing a mime. I had so many bombs :/

Yeah well mimes do have a way of sneaking up you :P

They're always in those invisible boxes.

Yama bit the dust again today. I've beaten him a total of 7 times now, but still there is at least one area of the game I have never seen. Maybe I'll start working towards that in the future Dailies. And in general always go through the other special levels instead of taking the direct route.

I think I suffered from severe brain freeze. Nothing else would explain why else I would make a move that stupid.