Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Instead of working for the last couple hours, I decided to browse through this entire thread all over again.  I didn't reread every post, just skimmed over them.  Several times I forgot the posts were months old and almost replied to them.

Cool!

Instead of sleeping, I've been listening to old Idle Thumbs episodes over the past week or so! I just finished the interview with Ron Gilbert at PAX '09. It's really interesting going back and listening to discussions about games that I've actually played all the way through, like Fallout 3, and also listening to discussions about the future of a series or release when I already know what's going to happen...

I'm tired and dont even know what im writing anymore.

You know when you're in the car and you really REALLY have to use the bathroom and the entire world seems to decide that THIS is the moment when they're going to obey the speed limit and drive SUPER SLOW?  I hate that.

I get enraged when I see fake mustaches on a stick or even worse a mustache on the finger tattoo. Please stop everybody. Even people close to me have caught the plague.

Also I think the phrase "hot mess" has about reached the end. I thank Jack in the Box for making some kind of awful food with the name. That is about the only time I will ever thank Jack in the Crack (as my dad called it growing up). Also my dad calls McDonald's "Dirty Macs." Also for about three years when he swore he usually said, "dog dick."

I get enraged when I see fake mustaches on a stick or even worse a mustache on the finger tattoo. Please stop everybody. Even people close to me have caught the plague.

Thank you! I have an ex on Facebook that is obsessed with that goofy mustache shit and it strikes me as the most facile and vapid fad of all time. Facial hair, LOL!

This is why beards are clearly the superior facial hair: you can't get dinguses tattooing one on their hand and pretending to have one.

I was actually on time for work yesterday and it made the morning seem to go much slower. Back on track today though.

I love fake moustaches, they are the epitome of a failed disguise. Failed disguises evoke the absurdity of a person trying to manage the way other people see them. It's not quite paradoxical, it's a humor that comes from the belief of the person who is disguised may be able to get away with their impersonation by sticking to the unconvincing illusion. Fake moustaches are like little kids on each others shoulders wearing a trench-coat and trying to talk their way into a speak-easy.

That part of it is fine.  It's the ridiculous fad that places mustaches on every piece of apparel or merchandise you can possible think of that's gross.  I've seen cars with giant mustaches attached to the hood.  It's right up there with "Keep calm and..." for being awful garbage.

I once went to a fancy dress as Magnum PI. i had a fake mustache, but kept my own beard mustache as backup (nowhere near magnificent enough). This unfortunately stopped the fake mustache from sticking properly, so for most of the night i just looked like a creeper in a Hawaiian shirt.

Magnum P.I. looks like a creeper in a hawaiian shirt so I would count that as a success.

That part of it is fine. It's the ridiculous fad that places mustaches on every piece of apparel or merchandise you can possible think of that's gross. I've seen cars with giant mustaches attached to the hood. It's right up there with "Keep calm and..." for being awful garbage.

Cars with moustaches is just silly. Here is a case where the meaning of the symbol may have been forgotten and only the shell remains. If they thought about it for a second, they may have put a periscope on the vehicle and replaced the windows with port-holes. Some well placed rivets would not hurt either.

One thing that was great about Athens, GA was the art-cars. I loved seeing them parked at the grocery store or on a residential street.

I need to get back to producing and reduce my consuming

Cars with Pink Moustaches in San Francisco are for identifying Lyft cars.

Which is why I refuse to use Lyft, ever.

Cars with moustaches is just silly. Here is a case where the meaning of the symbol may have been forgotten and only the shell remains. If they thought about it for a second, they may have put a periscope on the vehicle and replaced the windows with port-holes. Some well placed rivets would not hurt either.

Now this I am absolutely on board with. Make it happen, please, somebody?

You know when you're in the car and you really REALLY have to use the bathroom and the entire world seems to decide that THIS is the moment when they're going to obey the speed limit and drive SUPER SLOW?  I hate that.

It pisses me off to no end when people think like this. Intentionally breaking the speed limit should be grounds for a permaban from being around other people.

It's a systemic problem; we need more trains, possibly catheters.

I was talking to my parents today and found out that this morning my hometown got hit by a large snowstorm. In the middle of May.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here in my underwear with a fan on because I hate heat. Weather is weird.

It pisses me off to no end when people think like this. Intentionally breaking the speed limit should be grounds for a permaban from being around other people.

To be fair, I don't actually hate it.  I pretty much stick to the speed limits too.  In that particular instance though, people were literally driving way under the limit at the exact worst moment for me.

I was talking to my parents today and found out that this morning my hometown got hit by a large snowstorm. In the middle of May.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here in my underwear with a fan on because I hate heat. Weather is weird.

It's snowed here in Calgary every single weekend of May. Yet it was 18 degrees this afternoon. Snowed Saturday, 18 today. Weather in Calgary is super weird. Where are your folks?

It's snowed here in Calgary every single weekend of May. Yet it was 18 degrees this afternoon. Snowed Saturday, 18 today. Weather in Calgary is super weird. Where are your folks?

My parents live in a small town in Northwestern Ontario, fairly close to the Ontario-Manitoba border.

I'm frustrated that my wife doesn't see the facial similarities between Willem Dafoe and Dr. Oz. They seriously look like they could be twins to me. And I could totally see someone having twins and naming them Mehmet and Willem.

post-31977-0-44059600-1400173633_thumb.jpg