Tanukitsune

Quitter's Club: Don't be ashamed to quit the game.

what!? Waking Mars is quite easy, no grinding needed at all. I think you're doing something wrong.

Yeah I just finished Waking Mars yesterday, and never had any trouble. Don't plant the seeds that fire exploding plants unless you know they won't hit other plants.

That game is great. It's like Metroid without combat.

Uninstalled Two Worlds II and have no plans of ever going back to it. While I really enjoyed the magic creation system, the combat that let me use those neat spells had worn me down so much that I'm too exhausted to return.

It's too bad, as I had finally gotten to a point where I had a powerful enough character to make really interesting card combinations. One of the last things I did was actually create a water walking spell and started walking to one of the islands that I wouldn't have been able to reach until later in the game. The island itself was walled off and I ended up just walking around the perimeter, but the experience of exploring a place I shouldn't have been was really thrilling. It had the unfortunate side effect of setting me up for a real disappointment when I tried to get back to what the game wanted me to do and I couldn't find any other ways to break the game with my Kool Magicks.

The world was also really dull.

I'm trying raise the biomass in a room by creating those gathering creatures, but the creatures that use tentacles to capture moisture eat them. I could kill them all and compensate with the compost they drop, but gathering seeds to make gatherers is already grindy enough.

Er, in pretty much every room with gatherers there are also plants/patches that let you create plants that will fire seeds indefinitely. Unless you pick those seeds up yourself. This makes it trivial to increase biomass.

Are you talking about fully grown plants on very fertile soil or the floating ones? But every room has a limit for soil, unless I missed something, so eventually I have to go to the gatherers, sure the gatherers can pick those seeds themselves but it's so slow and they bet eaten so frequently.

Halid zoa (the first one you get) will keep spitting out seeds as long as they get eaten. They only stop if  two (or three when composted) of their seeds are extant either in your inventory or the game world. So if you herd some of the phyta (the crablike things) to a spot where their seeds commonly land you're pretty much set.

Thanks, guys! After that room the game has become really easy thanks to these tips, I will continue! :3

Woo! Finish, finish! No quitting allowed! Heh.

I'm thinking I may quit Thomas was Alone.  The level design later in the game is starting to become infuriating.

Where are you? It can get confusing with so many different characters to play as, but if memory serves me well, there are more "puzzle" centric levels than skill related, only a few of them are really that hard.

I'm thinking I may quit Thomas was Alone.  The level design later in the game is starting to become infuriating.

I'm thinking of doing the same, though I don't know how far along I really am. The puzzles have been more tedious than challenging.

Haha, I came here to post that exact thing about Thomas. Especially the ones with the reversed-gravity guy have been vexing so far. Very tedious.

Really, I found using each other as a platform with reserve gravity guy as a blast! Once you mastered it, you could get anywhere on the screen!

Really, I found using each other as a platform with reserve gravity guy as a blast! Once you mastered it, you could get anywhere on the screen!

Yeah, but it takes forever, and when you slip up you have to restart. A cool idea for sure, but it just outstayed its welcome with me really quickly. I think that went with most of the gimmicks.

That's almost the exact feeling I had when playing Waking Mars. *shrugs*

I'm thinking of quitting Kingdoms of Amalur, I got it for free from PSN+ and I'm 14 hours in and... I grow tired of it. The Lore never interested me, it's the generic "These aren't goblins, they are.... Boglins?" type of fantasy world that tries to be different by being the exact same as every other fantasy game, but with different names.

The combat is pretty fast, but my skill tree is growing fast and it doesn't feel varied enough. I can just wham them with spells and they die before I run out of MP.

It feels strange that I could stomach Divinity Eco Draconis and that I even like the Risen games, but this one tires me so much...

I'd hate to say, but I think it's just too long. I can see the whole map, my skill tree is more than half full and yet I bet the game is barely 10% done. I'm not even done with the first region and the side quests are so generic: Kill something, find something or make something... I don't care for the world or the characters. :|

I think I might've quit Bioshock Infinite. Haven't had the urge to pick it up for over a month. A shame since I'm very nearly at the end I think.

It's just that the prospect of wading through yet another batch of bullet sponges doesn't really excite me as much any more.

I think I might've quit Bioshock Infinite. Haven't had the urge to pick it up for over a month. A shame since I'm very nearly at the end I think.

It's just that the prospect of wading through yet another batch of bullet sponges doesn't really excite me as much any more.

I know exactly what you mean, I had a similar experience but I really do encourage you to push on and get through it. Whether you end up liking or disliking how the story winds up, you should try and get through to see the end.

I just got through Cave Story+ and I was at the point where I can get the 'bad' ending and finish the game by riding a dragon onto the sunset, or continue the game and get the good ending and save everybody.

I bailed. I was done with this game a long time ago. The game is trying to tell me what a shitty decision I made and I couldn't agree with it less.

That's almost the exact feeling I had when playing Waking Mars. *shrugs*

I'm thinking of quitting Kingdoms of Amalur, I got it for free from PSN+ and I'm 14 hours in and... I grow tired of it. The Lore never interested me, it's the generic "These aren't goblins, they are.... Boglins?" type of fantasy world that tries to be different by being the exact same as every other fantasy game, but with different names.

The combat is pretty fast, but my skill tree is growing fast and it doesn't feel varied enough. I can just wham them with spells and they die before I run out of MP.

It feels strange that I could stomach Divinity Eco Draconis and that I even like the Risen games, but this one tires me so much...

I'd hate to say, but I think it's just too long. I can see the whole map, my skill tree is more than half full and yet I bet the game is barely 10% done. I'm not even done with the first region and the side quests are so generic: Kill something, find something or make something... I don't care for the world or the characters. :|

I've been working through it occasionally taking Giant Bomb's advice to heart, "It's too long, just do the main quest and the guild quests, skip the side quests." It's supposedly a 40-60 hour game, I don't blame anyone for cutting out in the middle.

While I'm thinking about this, I finally gave up on FTL. I was able to beat it on easy after watching the Idle Thumbs stream, but I'm just tired of bashing my head on it on normal difficulty. That's actually an accomplishment since I officially quit playing it twice before when I couldn't even get to the boss on easy. 

I've just formally given up on Expeditions: Conquistador and Reus, the former because it was trying to do too much with too little and the latter because I was playing multiple two-hour sessions that I didn't enjoy in hopes of unlocking something that made me enjoy them. Both very interesting designs, both somewhat flawed.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm going to quit Shira Oka: Second Chances because it's a twenty-hour visual novel that has multiple playthroughs as its central gameplay conceit.

... latter because I was playing multiple two-hour sessions that I didn't enjoy in hopes of unlocking something that made me enjoy them. Both very interesting designs, both somewhat flawed.

I've been there. Good for you for walking away.

I'm putting down Harvest Moon. I missed out on the SNES era as a kid and am going back to many of the more storied games. A few minutes in I immediately saw how it  was the precursor to Farmville. Though thankfully the game doesn't include any of that micro-transaction b.s., years of playing video games led me to start min-maxing right from the start, ruining my own experience for me.

On a side note, there's some really surprising lines of existential dialogues in the context of religion. Aside from the game asking you "I believe God exists. You believe it, don't you?" my favorite line is "It would be much easier to live if it was true that God brings you happiness." lolwut?