Raff

Dishonored - or - GIFs By Breckon

At a minimum, Daud is more interesting than Corvo.

But who cares about all of that? Dishonored was a game where interacting with the environment was a rad experience, of course I want more of that.

Yeah, in the end, the mechanics win above all. But the added attention to narrative in the DLC is very appreciated, imo.

Fuck yeah.

I wonder what they will do. I've had enough Dishonored 1 by playing the DLCs, and I think they have exhausted the story around it.

Yeah, in the end, the mechanics win above all. But the added attention to narrative in the DLC is very appreciated, imo.

Yeah, I agree with that. Without spoiling anything, I thought the end of the final piece of DLC was very clever, and meaningful in a way that most video game narratives aren't.

I will bet one dollar that Murdoc was talking about Daud.

I would not accept that bet.

Also what's wrong with the mask? The mask lets you zoom. Zooming is cool.

One thing that always bothered me in Dishonored is how zooming in also lets you hear things in the distance better. What's up with that?

I didn't like Daud, but I was talking about the spirit,god thingy. The Outsider? Anyway he was terrible.

I really suggest trying out the DLC. I don't know any other way to convince someone other than to say "Everything shitty in the plot in the main game isn't there now."

I played both DLCs several times. I thought the plot was equally still bad. But I understand that I'm in the minority there, so that's fine.

i know right!?

We'll get to the bottom of this.... AH HA! "winning over 50 awards at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) as well as GamesCom's "Game of the Show", maybe they thought they'd skip roughnecking it at E3 and steal the show with an announcement at GamesCom where they were so well received previously, and they wouldn't have to fly half way round the world to do it either (13.-17.08.2014 thats only like 5 weeks away. Believe!)

One can hope. I really want to know what both Arkane studios are up to.

Question: I'm thinking of picking this up for 360. Are there any non-financial reasons I should wait and get it on PC some time in the future when I actually have a PC?

OR: am I missing out on anything by playing this on console?

Question: I'm thinking of picking this up for 360. Are there any non-financial reasons I should wait and get it on PC some time in the future when I actually have a PC?

OR: am I missing out on anything by playing this on console?

It plays a lot better on PC, specially the whole leaning mechanic which is a classic PC stealth game mechanic that doesn't translate that well on consoles controllers, imo.

It plays a lot better on PC, specially the whole leaning mechanic which is a classic PC stealth game mechanic that doesn't translate that well on consoles controllers, imo.

I hear you. Thanks!

TBH, I'm hoping this game will let me relive fond memories of playing the old, original THIEF.

I hear you. Thanks!

TBH, I'm hoping this game will let me relive fond memories of playing the old, original THIEF.

It absolutely did for me.

As someone who played this on PS3, I can attest to it being a wholly competent experience on consoles.

That being said, it certainly runs better (and can be had cheaper) on PC. Black Friday and its myriad deals are almost upon us...

I prefer it on PC simply for the fact you can edit the config files so that unconscious bodies don't vanish from the level once they hit a memory limit.

Came here for Breckon GIFS. DISAPPOINTED!

This thread was originally called "Fuck Breckon Unhonored" which made people think we didn't even have a Dishonored thread.  It still isn't a good name.

Coincidentally, I just started playing this game a few days ago and it is super fun. I'm used to the shitty stealth mechanics in other games so I was caught off guard a bit by just how solid and fun it is to try to sneak through each level undetected in this game. I am attempting a full non-lethal playthrough and so far it is going great. I love being able to take my time observing the enemy patrol routes and coming up with a plan for sneaking past them/choking them out and then execute it and have it all go exactly how I wanted. I was never able to really do that effectively in Assassin's Creed games and I just find it really cool that this game does such a good job of presenting situations that I feel like I am in complete control over. Every time I've fucked up, I feel like it has been 100% my fault for doing something stupid.

I also really like the random banter between guards and other characters in this game. Most of the conversations actually manage to come off as fairly natural and there is a good mix of random, goofy shit along with some conversations that flesh out some minor plot elements or other interesting information about the world.

I just had to make a choice between assassinating this lady at a party or knocking her unconscious and bringing her down to some random dude in a basement who proclaimed his love for her and promised he would whisk her away, never to be heard from again and that he was hopeful that she would one day "learn to love him". I'm not sure which is a crueler fate but I ended up deciding to let her live. Surprisingly, none of the guards at the party seemed to care that I was carrying an unconscious woman down to the basement and I was able to just casually stroll down there and hand her off like it was no big deal.

I feel like I did a gross thing.

I just had to make a choice between assassinating this lady at a party or knocking her unconscious and bringing her down to some random dude in a basement who proclaimed his love for her and promised he would whisk her away, never to be heard from again and that he was hopeful that she would one day "learn to love him". I'm not sure which is a crueler fate but I ended up deciding to let her live. Surprisingly, none of the guards at the party seemed to care that I was carrying an unconscious woman down to the basement and I was able to just casually stroll down there and hand her off like it was no big deal.

I feel like I did a gross thing.

I'm pretty sure you have the option of sending that guy off to like a prison work camp or something don't you?

I'm pretty sure you have the option of sending that guy off to like a prison work camp or something don't you?

That's the two brothers I think, this guy just gets to take off with his love slave. Which all of the non-lethal target eliminations are disturbing, but handing a woman off to be taken away like that is extra disturbing.

Yeah, what Bjorn said. I was able to hand the Pendleton brothers over to some dude who said he would cut their tongues off and force them to spend the rest of their lives working in the mines that they owned and operated.

This one was really the only case that I had to sit there and ponder whether it would be more humane to just kill her rather than going the non-lethal route.