toblix

GTA V

Just had another thought, though it's a stupid one: if they allow players to chose to be cops, that would be a massive "fuck you" to Realtime Worlds and former DMA Design (aka Rockstar North) boss, Dave Jones.

Actually, that'd be a very Rockstar thing to do...

I guess there would be nothing stopping you being a vigilante, which I'd probably quite enjoy, assuming there would be a mechanic for returning stuff rather than walking off with it yourself.

As far as future MMOs go, I'd love to see them embrace the people that were running GTA servers where you'd get in trouble for running red lights. I want to build myself up until I own a bank and then hire people to protect it.

This is pretty much the best GTA V news I've heard. THOUGHTS:

• If I get the game for multiple platforms (to be able to play with all the Thumbs,) will my online stuff be synced, or do they have separate implementations per platform? I'm guessing it's universal, since they're already linking cross-platform stuff with Social Club.
  • Only 16 players? I guess it's a fine number, but I was hoping for 32 since the old GTA IV on PC supports it.
  • My goal is still to finish singleplayer before starting multiplayer ... we'll see.
  • Though these previews often lay it on a bit thick, it really does sound like they've turned up the crazy level of detail up another whole notch.

• Only 16 players? I guess it's a fine number, but I was hoping for 32 since the old GTA IV on PC supports it.

These previews are for the console versions so we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Burnout Paradise? Yeah, definitely. I'm sure Rockstar devs want to make this a BP beater.

As for F2P GTA Online, Mington you should have taken bets, you'd be halfway to the bank by now. If there's an F2P hook, especially in markets where that's the norm, then it's a very canny move by R*.

Room for an eSports angle / cash tournament aspect or is that a step too far?

Though these previews often lay it on a bit thick, it really does sound like they've turned up the crazy level of detail up another whole notch.

I thought the cars looked like they might handle with a much better sense of weight this time.

Instead of being like, you know, hovercrafts made of jelly.  :shifty:

Just wanted to let you all know I'll be going to join in on Thumbs PC GTAV fun. Not missing this!

I don't get why everyone complains so much about the GTA IV cars. Sure, at first they feel sluggish, but you quickly get a handle on them, and the model makes all the vehicles feel very real, and the sweeter cars stand out more.

The most exciting part of that trailer for me was how much it captures what California feels like (which of course has nothing to do with multiplayer and which is something Rockstar always nails in its games). That atmosphere... so perfect.

don't get why everyone complains so much about the GTA IV cars. Sure, at first they feel sluggish, but you quickly get a handle on them, and the model makes all the vehicles feel very real, and the sweeter cars stand out more.

Agreed. Made the cars actually feel like cars instead of, you know, Mario Kart.

Interesting titbits

"We don't have any plans to sell GTA Online separately," the spokesperson wrote. "It will come free with every copy of GTA V and doesn't require a code, online pass, or anything like that."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4625052/rockstar-has-no-plans-to-sell-grand-theft-auto-online-separately

CVG: So do you think the next generation will help and allow you to expand your plans more easily?

Rockstar: We'll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

http://www.computerandvideo games.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/

Could GTA online be a free/free to play download on next gen consoles

Or

The full game getting a next gen release

No mention of add-on purchases yet. Wise.

Regardless of a possible F2P future, It's interesting that the multiplayer component is now being presented as a discrete product that comes free with GTA V single player.

Might say something about

- what proportion of GTA IV console players went online with it, and how much

- how Rockstar feels the majority of the game-playing public view comparable multiplayer-heavy games (CoD for example)?

This is totally coming out on PS4/XBone. They're being too cagey about discussing the idea for it not to be.

Would love it if the PlayStation 5IVEs had some avatar clothing provided by the PS Home brand.

Also. Really want there to be a Second Life reference but there probably won't be.

The generational shift is interesting: will Rockstar have incorporated way more graphical scaling in the game to ensure that it is both playable on current gen consoles, but will also look completely spectacular on PC's and next-gen? Also, looking forward to that release date for PC. Probably somewhere November.

The generational shift is interesting: will Rockstar have incorporated way more graphical scaling in the game to ensure that it is both playable on current gen consoles, but will also look completely spectacular on PC's and next-gen? Also, looking forward to that release date for PC. Probably somewhere November.

I'm not sure they care, though I know they've got at least one guy porting GTA V over so it may be up to that guy. There's a million nobs and dials they could turn up, if they wanted too, without much trouble. Every headlight, tail light, and turn signal is an actual light? Done in a few days. Every streetlight is an actual light off into several kilometers of distance, and casts a shadow? Again, done in a few days. There's a thousand things like this, relatively little trouble, but the question is whether they care enough to do it.

As for free to play, well they've already confirmed they've got no interest in it so far. It could potentially be successful for GTA Online, "purchase now for car/player customization!" Or whatever. But would it earn more money than getting people to pay for the actual game? It might not. Free to play is based around getting people to invest in a game they might not otherwise be interested in and hoping a small percentage will go nuts over your X in game purchases. DOTA and League have to do it because they've too much competition, you can't charge for DOTA 2 really because League is so similar and it's free, and vice versa + for all other LOMA's and MMO's and cheapo management sim games and etc.

But GTA doesn't have competition, not really. Charging people $60 or whatever to play at all will probably earn them more money than going Free to Play ever will, at least in this case.

True, although $60 or equivalent is unreasonably expensive in some countries, particularly those where piracy is the norm and supported by retail as a result of otherwise unaffordable prices..

True, although $60 or equivalent is unreasonably expensive in some countries, particularly those where piracy is the norm and supported by retail as a result of otherwise unaffordable prices..

Well sure, in a perfect world, well perfect for business, everyone would pay the maximum they'd be willing to pay, regardless of however much someone else payed. But we don't live in that world, and if someone else gets a "better deal" then everyone is going to want that.

Also, supposed music list is out: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1kyndb/complete_gta_v_soundtrack_leaked_list_of_songs/

I believe it's real, mostly because like with GTA 4's radio I don't like any song at all on it. It's like whoever chooses this stuff for Rockstar has the opposite of my taste in music for every genre.

How did GTA4 run on the two consoles? That might be a good gauge. There will definitely be comparison articles before the game is released. If you play online with friends get which ever version they play, I have a feeling GTA online will be the new 'side missions' and will end up taking up a huge amount of your play time, play a story mission or seamlessly jump into your custom made character and do a bank heist in a world with 16 other people...

360 version was significantly better than PS3. I don't think it has much bearing though because that was the early days of the generation and developers overwhelmingly did shit PS3 ports.

Wait for the PC version.

I don't know how you could wait for something that likely won't be out this callendar year.

Yes I'll play it on my PC which can barely run San Andreas. :~

I don't know how you could wait for something that likely won't be out this callendar year.

Like the xbone?

;)

What, really? I will likely not have a chance to play much of anything between now and the next calendar year. Is a few months really that big a deal? Are you really caught up on everything worth seeing that's come out for a while? Hell, even back in high school when I had all the time in the world to play things, I still waited for the PC versions of Vice City and San Andreas. It's really odd to me that a matter of months could be enough to make someone decide to play the game on a different system. Particularly, in my case, if it's a console/PC distinction. I would wait way longer to play the PC version just because I know that I personally would have more fun with it. I'll probably just marathon it next March break at school, as Rockstar likes to do their releases in March a lot of the time.

This will be the last GTA we get for about five years based on past history so might as well wait for one's ideal platform. In my case, that'd be the PS4.