MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Hey guys, I'm thinking of building an underwater railway track from my strip club to spawn.

But I have a feeling I'll break into someones 'secret room/cave'.

Strip Club is east of spawn, not very far.

Check on the map.

Just want to know if everyone's okay with this.

Oh my God!

I don't log on for a few months and everything's changed. I feel like I've warped out from some ancient past into the far flung future.

Oh my God!

I don't log on for a few months and everything's changed. I feel like I've warped out from some ancient past into the far flung future.

Should grab the last backup from http://www.idlemc.com/past-epochs/ and see what became of your pit. Hint: Nothing.

Server's updated to 1.7.3 - it's okay to update clients now.

Walked around the server a bit, looks quite impressive. I'd love it if I could get building rights and do some underwater constructions.

you can create a new pitt

You can call it Brad if you want.

That is amazing.

I went on the server today to look at the ruins of my secret project, ive decided to destroy the entire thing and start again in a new area of the map, which I will once again fence off.

On an related note, thanks to the asshole who went into the room clearly marked "Control Room: No entry" by destroying part of the wall and flicked the safety lever off and the TNT lever on to see if the TNT would explode. It didn't, you're an idiot, I had more than one level of safety.

I was the one who detonated most of the TNT while laying redstone inside the mountain on an unrelated circuit. :getmecoat

Just as a note, people pretty frequently leave signs saying "No entry" or something along those lines as a decorative element rather than a serious warning (for example, they were pretty common in the subways on past servers). You might want to elaborate when you leave signs that people should actually not enter or throw switches.

If you're building something you genuinely don't want others to get into, though, maybe a multiplayer server isn't the place to do it.

Just as a note, people pretty frequently leave signs saying "No entry" or something along those lines as a decorative element rather than a serious warning (for example, they were pretty common in the subways on past servers). You might want to elaborate when you leave signs that people should actually not enter or throw switches.

If you're building something you genuinely don't want others to get into, though, maybe a multiplayer server isn't the place to do it.

I concur: "Control room: No entry" reads like universe stuff, not a serious warning. The last server had a sign asking people to wipe their feet, for example. I'd suggest something less likely to evoke a playful reaction, such as: "Project in progress. Please do not build or interact. Thanks."

Well, the fact that they had to pass a fence built around the entire area that says "Thompson's Buildsite: No entry" and then decided to knock through the wall, and then tried to detonate clearly marked TNT is a pretty damning sign of intent, but sure next time i'll mark it more clearly, my mistake.

Hopefully it's clear enough this time:

2011-07-18_194916.png

Edited by Thompson

Looks like another piston issue is breaking the server (somehow causing an unhandled ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException). I'm upgrading to the newest CraftBukkit/Essentials to see if it's worked around.

Okay, looks like the server's going to break whenever Thompson820 logs in or anyone goes near whatever he was working on :(

Thompson, would you like me to remove your data file on the server so you're returned to spawn? It'll also clear your inventory :(

Do whatever you have to, I think i'll just wait for the next server incarnation before I build anything else.

Do whatever you have to, I think i'll just wait for the next server incarnation before I build anything else.

Okay, well, your position is reset to spawn. Login again if you feel like it, I guess.

any ETA on that?

On what? Another re-roll? People are barely playing on this one.

To be honest, I'm starting to think it might be time to retire the server. I think most people are pretty much done with the game at this point, and it costs me a surprising amount of both money and effort to keep things running when most times it's just me on there anyway.

On what? Another re-roll? People are barely playing on this one.

To be honest, I'm starting to think it might be time to retire the server. I think most people are pretty much done with the game at this point, and it costs me a surprising amount of both money and effort to keep things running when most times it's just me on there anyway.

I'm not playing on in this era because:

- right now I don't have a lot of time

- sort of waiting for the next update

- impending reroll

regrettable/ understandable/ I'm part of the problem

maybe if the adventure update is interesting enough we might consider tossing a couple of bucks into resurrecting it.

Yeah, it might be a thing just to nuke it until 1.8, then maybe one more month before it's gone for good.