MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Not to uh. . .not to be a dick, but this isn't going to be a constant thing, is it?

Hell no.

I think we should plan the transportation hub/community chest/spawn right from the start.

I think it's best to create a simple hub near spawn that provides arrival and departures tracks in 4 directions. And not a track per destination. I've experimented with halfway stations, they don't work well. Timing of redstone wire isn't good enough to create reliable halfway stations.

Would people rather re-roll now instead of waiting for 1.7? It means any new terrain generation stuff that comes in 1.7 like ravines won't be in the spawn area or the areas that're already explored.

Personally, I'm not a fan of mobs. I'm not trying to roleplay this game or whatever, I jut want to build crazy stuff, and having creepers and stuff all over the place makes that way less pleasant. The third epoch was still my favorite, and I think a bit part of that was that people didn't have to worry about making sure there were fences and torches everywhere. You could actually use lighting for effect instead of having to evenly light everything to keep monsters out.

Anyway, whatever.

Mobs are annoying above ground, but I think they make the exploration underground fun. I'd been planning on playing the next roll a little more survival-y, but ultimately I don't really care one way or the other.

We might have a month before 1.7 comes out. He's given no timetable yet.

I think we should probably wait to see what the 'adventure part' of 1.7 is going to involve. It may offer up a bunch of cool stuff and have reasons to keep mobs in, or be irrelevant and not even in SMP. Also it sounds like he's opening up the source code with 1.7, so there may be a few mods we want?

I definitely advocate building a big spawn area/community chest/train station. I'd be perfectly willing to build them too.

I lighted my island that was too big to begin with and then made my chasm lair thing and then lost interest.

Minecraft is a bit stupid about the mobs. I don't think I'm making anything until there's a more sensible way to stop them from spawning.

On second thought, we might as go ahead and reroll now since this could be a long lived lame-duck world, and it doesn't sound like there will be much terrain change in the next update.

Is there anyway to only make mobs spawn underground? And we'd be able to turn them back on/off after we reroll and decide we do/don't want them right?

What about doing a re-roll now with mobs disabled, then in a month or whenever 1.7 comes out, re-roll again and reconsider mobs then?

(There's no way to make them only spawn belowground, sadly, but that would be nice)

What about doing a re-roll now with mobs disabled, then in a month or whenever 1.7 comes out, re-roll again and reconsider mobs then?

(There's no way to make them only spawn belowground, sadly, but that would be nice)

I'd be okay with that.

Alright... how does an hour from now sound? Let's do it!

(Possibly meet on the server for the traditional dynamiting of the world, then re-roll once we're bored of that?)

This probably wasn't aimed at me, but I didn't mean anything about above or below the ground. I meant the torches. It's impossible atm to build anything that doesn't have torches stuck to it everywhere. Also, they are a huge pain to make and find correct spots for.

No that was for me. I like the mobs living underground as it makes the exploration a little more fun, for me. Above ground, they're just a pain.

Making it permanently day time would help at least, meaning you only need to light up the inside of places.

Making it permanently day time would help at least, meaning you only need to light up the inside of places.

Daytime only means you can't have fun with lighting though!

Underground mobs still screw my primary project over, is my main concern. But if I'm out-voted, I'm out-voted. :tdown::getmecoat

I'll log on shortly for Deconstruction.

Yeah, I'm just grabbing food and then I'll be on.

So it seems like with a few exceptions people are mostly bored of the server at this point... is there any interest in a re-roll? Possibly once 1.7 is out with the new underground ravine stuff (http://imgur.com/YNhtV)?

There's some great stuff there, it's a shame to see it go, but at least we can download it :tup:

Talk about famous last words.

"I made the spawn explode"

Then nothing.

It would be neat if we could have a gradient of mobness, not just PANSY GOD MODE and YOU ARE DEAD ALREADY AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT modes. A couple of middle grounds would be neat.