MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

So since the world rerolled I've been building a cave. I say building, I mean exploding. This is how it looks now (just before the last wave of TNT based excavation);

2011-06-25_181513.png

And this is the eventual result (I hope);

Ocampa_underground.jpg

Mind, I'm not sure how much of that screen I can accomplish thanks to the engine of Minecraft. It'll be a bit!

It would be neat if we could have a gradient of mobness, not just PANSY GOD MODE and YOU ARE DEAD ALREADY AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT modes. A couple of middle grounds would be neat.

I want the mob equivalent of the biome system. Some kind of overarching super-biome where large swaths of the world will spawn mobs while other areas will be safe.

And this is the eventual result (I hope);

Ocampa_underground.jpg

Mind, I'm not sure how much of that screen I can accomplish thanks to the engine of Minecraft. It'll be a bit!

That already looks like someone's painting of Minecraft.

Yeah. The very first world, the one where I made the museum and the floating island and the bedrock garden—that place would've been awesome if it were crawling with zombies. On some level, I like the constraint of needing to build creeper– and zombie-proof spaces.

Dropped by the server today to check out the latest epoch, looking awesome already.

Took a few screencaps, click to view them larger.

th_2011-06-26_154005.pngth_2011-06-26_154333.pngth_2011-06-26_155545.pngth_2011-06-26_164152.png

ROOF CONSTRUCTION HAS NEVER BEEN THIS EXCITING

nMG7IL4cNQQ

Edited by Thompson

Notch:

1.7 is still nowhere near done. If people want, we could do a piston-only release and push the adventure stuff up to the next update.
I see about 90% "yes" replies. No promises, but I'll discuss it with Jens tomorrow!

So, fingers crossed, maybe pistons this week?

I don't want to be a dick, but whoever installed glass/glowstone and the glass wall in my cave, please don't. There's a point to it being dark.

I was going to make a much angrier post, but decided against it. Screwing with other peoples work is the ultimate form of "not cool" in MC.

As such, I've decided to seal the cave for now. If you must look, the hole in the roof is still there, but don't mess with things. :deranged:

(They even saw fit to remove the sign declaring it as mine. Now I'm just pissed off.)

I want the mob equivalent of the biome system. Some kind of overarching super-biome where large swaths of the world will spawn mobs while other areas will be safe.

Also biome-specific mobs would kind of be nice ? But again, if we disable them who cares ^.^

I don't want to be a dick, but whoever installed glass/glowstone and the glass wall in my cave, please don't. There's a point to it being dark.

I was going to make a much angrier post, but decided against it. Screwing with other peoples work is the ultimate form of "not cool" in MC.

As such, I've decided to seal the cave for now. If you must look, the hole in the roof is still there, but don't mess with things. :deranged:

(They even saw fit to remove the sign declaring it as mine. Now I'm just pissed off.)

I haven't been drunk Minecrafting lately, so it wasn't me.

I haven't been drunk Minecrafting lately, so it wasn't me.

The implications of that idea are. . .interesting. That said, I didn't expect it to be any of our regulars. We had several new people yesterday that I didn't recognize, so that was my assumption.

Either way, problem solved, whatever happened happened. I came across as a grabby kindergardener and that wasn't my intent. I'm just overly protective of this project because of how weird it is for me.

Is anyone actually using that mine right next to spawn? It doesn't go anywhere and I was thinking of paving over it with the road to my house.

Either way, problem solved, whatever happened happened. I came across as a grabby kindergardener and that wasn't my intent. I'm just overly protective of this project because of how weird it is for me.

Conversely, people messed with TP Tower and I was quite happy for them to do so. The person who added a light to your cave probably thought they were just being helpful. Either way, I wonder if there should be a sign that says, "no messing" or something for projects people are particularly protective of?

Also... Isn't this server going to get re-rolled in a few days anyway? And this is just a temporary one? Are you sure you want to get that protective about something before 1.7?

Also... Isn't this server going to get re-rolled in a few days anyway? And this is just a temporary one? Are you sure you want to get that protective about something before 1.7?

Normally, I'd agree, but uh; http://notch.tumblr.com/post/6969771554/back-in-the-office-and-some-words-on-1-7-and-1-8

1.7 is going to release shortly, and be bugfixes and pistons.

1.8 will be the Adventure update and is "a long time away."

So I'd like to see this through, though I suspect I'm going into a limitation that stopped me from trying this project until now. We'll see.

After 1.8, we’ll have to start crunching for the full release in November. That includes finishing up the mod api, improving stability and performance, adding supporting features like friends lists and a proper server browser, integrating singleplayer and multiplayer, and most importantly fleshing out the gameplay.

Hmmm…*

What do you think Notch means by "fleshing out the gameplay" ?

Yeesh, it was me. Just trying to be helpful, sorry. I meant to put your sign back, and I guess I forgot :(

Edited by tabacco

I spent an absolutely reprehensible amount of time on the server today.

I carved out part of the mountain behind the spawn and made a glass thing with an adventure inside it and fixed up the lighting on the second floor of the Congrats Nick Depot. Also wandered around and checked out some of the other weird things people are building, someone built a tower of bookshelves...

Looking forward to The Bay of Ides that Implosiony is building. Looks nice.

Heh, thanks! Wanted to try my hand at building boats, so I thought I may as well try a tugboat while I'm at it.

The implications of that idea are. . .interesting. That said, I didn't expect it to be any of our regulars. We had several new people yesterday that I didn't recognize, so that was my assumption.

One evening when slightly tipsy on the old server, I made a staircase inside one of the towers on the bridge to the Roman city, and then forgot about it until someone asked about it the next day. I felt pretty terrible about it, as I generally don't screw with other people's stuff in MC.

The consensus seems to be very positive about this server. I'm thinking we should keep it until 1.8 and reevaulate then.

Hooray for pistons! Boo for having to learn how to use redstone/repeaters.