MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Looked about in and around the central station, but couldn't find any minecarts anywhere :(

there should be plenty at cylinder station, or the hub, or farm land station, etc.

I'm not sure who built it, but the abandoned/in progress station on the way to dust city is amazingly creepy.

Peter Molyneaux2 would put it as "What if Bioshock was set in a train station?".

I'm not sure who built it, but the abandoned/in progress station on the way to dust city is amazingly creepy.

Peter Molyneaux2 would put it as "What if Bioshock was set in a train station?".

The famed Lazuli line!

The dynamic map should support night mode now. It has to render those tiles, so they may take some time to appear in non-central areas.

Uhh, word of warning. I blew up a spider spawner with tnt underground and this seems to have caused an infinite spider bug.

yeDtq.png

We made a portal to it too. It's lined with gold so it should stand out.

mt0HBVLDlfg

It seems to cap itself at the amount shown in the picture, so I'm not sure if it'll effect chunk loading.

Anyway, it's pretty horrific. Errr, sorry.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have sorted itself out.

Edited by Laxan

Hi there, I love video games

:clap:

Could I please have Build-Rights to your server?

Much appreciated,

-Choidouken.

PS; Why doesnt Jake Rodkin reply to his fans on twitter?

PS; Why doesnt Jake Rodkin reply to his fans on twitter?

I don't? I'm horrible I guess. I don't reply to anybody. I'm pretty much the worst about it. Also, I have fans on twitter?!

Uhh, word of warning. I blew up a spider spawner with tnt underground and this seems to have caused an infinite spider bug.

Spiders. Why'd it have to be spiders? ;(

I don't? I'm horrible I guess. I don't reply to anybody. I'm pretty much the worst about it. Also, I have fans on twitter?!

Well, now you know what to do!

REPLY!!

And of course, reply to me once and I'll shut up forever hahah.

I have a bunch of fans. I even bought a new desk fan recently.

So it seems like with a few exceptions people are mostly bored of the server at this point... is there any interest in a re-roll? Possibly once 1.7 is out with the new underground ravine stuff (http://imgur.com/YNhtV)?

Hahaha same, same.

Not to uh. . .not to be a dick, but this isn't going to be a constant thing, is it?

So it seems like with a few exceptions people are mostly bored of the server at this point... is there any interest in a re-roll? Possibly once 1.7 is out with the new underground ravine stuff (http://imgur.com/YNhtV)?

Yeah I thnk so. Real life responsibilities and complete lack of inspiration have been keeping me away. Hopefully 1.7 will bring some people back.

I don't mind a reroll. I haven't been online because because of normal work and some contract work taking away time to spend minecrafting.

At long last, the final backups of the first and third epochs are available for download in one convenient place:

http://www.idlemc.com/past-epochs/

They've all been converted to mcregion and should be ready to unzip and drop into your saves folder for some single-player fun. Remember, these were both before the era of mobs in multiplayer, so beware of monsters!

Unfortunately, the second epoch was over so quickly there wasn't even time to take a backup before server issues took it. The fourth epoch is, obviously, still a work in progress! For now.

(also, I hadn't realized 'til I looked at the timestamps on these that it had been 6 months since we last re-rolled. Hope 1.7 comes soon.)

Edited by tabacco

I'd like to ramble for a moment, if you'll indulge me. TL;DR below.

I've been playing Minecraft again pretty regularly, but I haven't been playing on our server. I've been in SP, on gasp Peaceful.

Why? Because I'm tired of getting mobbed by, well, mobs, when I'm trying to build my house, or mine or what have you. We've never treated this as a sort of communal long-term zombie co-op game. We've always treated it as communal build ground.

I'd love for people to see the cavern and city inside the cavern I've just spent the last week making, but I did in in SP, because I don't want to be dealing with a creeper every five minutes as I dig out a 400x400x300 cavern.

TL;DR - When we reset, maybe no mobs? (If mobs are already off and I'm a putz, tell me so and I'll edit this.)

TL;DR - When we reset, maybe no mobs? (If mobs are already off and I'm a putz, tell me so and I'll edit this.)

I understand your plight, but I do like the dynamic of having to build, mine or just wander throughout the world while struggling to survive an outbreak of mobs.

Although you'd think that as long as you've set up correctly, the only mobs that will ever be a problem is the ones that you run into while mining, which can usually be sorted out pretty quickly, swamp the walls with torches and block up any holes and you should be fine.

That said, I also fully understand how they can be a nuisance.

Also, I'm up for a re-roll, when I actually bought a computer that can play games I found that the server was pretty big and I was somewhat intimidated by it.

I do like the threat of mobs, but I wish there was a way to secure areas without lighting up the place.

It would be much more awesome if there were mob spawners where the mobs actually come from, and when you destroy it the mobs will be gone forever.

To be honest, I've played on Creative Build servers and also an SMP server that turned off mobs, and neither were as fun as normal SMP.

You could always turn godmode on for yourself, but while there's no risk to you, the odd creeper may hinder your building. But personally, I think that's half the fun of Minecraft. There should be these obstacles to overcome.

Alas, goodbye yonder 4th Epoch. We never finished our city, but maybe one day. Onwards to ravines and stuff.