gdf

Plug your shit

If it's one or the other, but basically is the full game going to be redone with updated models and textures?

Oops. Missed this. That is indeed the plan, but like all fan projects it's completely dependent on the energy of the team involved. It's hard to keep things moving.

It's brilliantly presented, as you said. Lovely! Good job with the voice over work, too. I barely recognise you with your caveman impression! (Was your voice deepened?)

Note: I'm in work, so could only take a quick look. Seems very well made, though. Definitely deserves a play.

It's brilliantly presented, as you said. Lovely! Good job with the voice over work, too. I barely recognise you with your caveman impression! (Was your voice deepened?)

Note: I'm in work, so could only take a quick look. Seems very well made, though. Definitely deserves a play.

Thanks! My voice wasn't deepened as far as I know - all my own work!

This is a short film me and a friend of mine made a while ago, and finally managed to put online:

1m_Q2KhDyZw

Just uploaded the 9th episode of my podcast interview series, Buried in the Credits. I think thumbs might like this episode; take a listen please :)

@BuriedinCredits: After an incredibly long (and I am sorry for it) wait, Episode 9 is now available for download. Starring Marek Ziemak. http://t.co/KGGCR03T

(EDIT: Also lots of people tell me it's really good. Please listen and also tell me what you think! This episode is only 16 minutes long, unfortunately, but still manages to be pretty interesting.)

Edited by SpeedyDesiato

http://www.monopodcast.com/

I do a cruddy pordcash with a few online buddies. One of them (n0b) also posts here. We kind of suck at being consistent at releasing episodes. It's just your basic "we talk about things that tickle our fancy" setup, and it largely entails video game discussion, so basically it's not anything special. Also we do it over Mumble, and all of our mics are awful, so the sound quality sucks. Now that I've crushed all hopes of it being good...

We enjoy doing it, which is really the only reason we do it. We're up to nine episodes (ish). Maybe if you'd like you could sort of kind of maybe give it a listen and give me feedback. We'd definitely like to improve. U:

Hey SpeedyDesiato, I really enjoyed Episodes 10 and 11 - all the epiosdes I've listend to till now - of your podcast Buried in the Credits (episode 10 a bit more, with Dave you seemed to have a better chemistry somehow). You have a good podcast voice, at least in my ears, and the concept of the show is great. I hope you continued to find interesting people to talk to.

Hey SpeedyDesiato, I really enjoyed Episodes 10 and 11 - all the epiosdes I've listend to till now - of your podcast Buried in the Credits (episode 10 a bit more, with Dave you seemed to have a better chemistry somehow). You have a good podcast voice, at least in my ears, and the concept of the show is great. I hope you continued to find interesting people to talk to.

Oh sweet man, thanks!

I think it's also that I was a lot more nervous with Steve (and I may have had a pint before Dave's interview in order to relax a little) rather than we had better chemistry. But yeah, thanks! It means a lot and is super nice of you to say nice things =)

My website is hosting a giveaway of The Journey Down, an adventure game from SkyGoblin. To tell you the truth, I don't know much about the game but I do know a lot about pimping my site. Just watch the video below for details and please subscribe to our channel if you like your gaming news in a much condensed form (or Minecraft videos, I guess) -

I stream most of my gameplay so feel free to follow me here on twitch.tv (gameplay examples here:

, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex: HR
)

I also make feeble attempts at making video games, once in a while I'll get a concept going only to implode when it comes to design or mechanics, some examples

I sometimes also make music, examples here.

They are adorable! Are the innards made of the same wool or is there some wireframe construct?

Oh wow I never answered this, I'm sorry ;(

Some of them have wires in structurally important parts like the legs, but mostly they are just solid wool throughout.

Thank you and BigJKO and ThunderPeel :)

Ben wrote a short little "text adventure", modelled after those old books where you chose your own story, for the Idle Thumbs GDC "Journal of Games". Unfortunately that particular edition of the JoG never materialised.

Ben's adventure, designed to be experienced on the floor of GDC, turning to the appropriate page in your copy of JoG, sat languishing in a computer folder... That is, until now!

Http://www.johnnywalkerdesign.com/TextAdventure

It's really just an experiment, not designed to be shown to everyone, but I pestered Ben and he agreed to let me post a link :)

Thanks for webbifying it for me, TP!

I'm considering writing a proper game-length version of this (bearing in mind the changes that would need to be made to the format and style moving from a GDC broadsheet to a website).

Well, it's not really my shit, but a good friends, so here's the speel.

I went back to art school last year and met a lot of great people, one of them, Chris, is in an advertising competition right now. Anyway, he wants to win to use the proceeds for school, so I figured I'd try to give him a bump here.

I never do this and sorry if it's a bit contrived, it's the first and last, so just check it out, it's a cool poster anyway.

Anyway, if you could, vote Chris, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.fluevog.com/code/fc_finalists.php

Can also check out the poster on his blog:

http://dedinsky.tumblr.com/

Voted for Chris, and rightfully so. Forgot to look at which (shitty) one was winning.

Thanks for the kind words/bookmarking re. the mini text adventure!

It's the one with the piano that's winning. Baffling indeed. You got my vote!