gdf

Plug your shit

Congrats, dude! I hope it all works out... Nice artwork, too.

One thing, though. I gotta say: Your HTML is a bit... gruesome. Whenever I see HTML like that on otherwise cool sites, I always wonder how it came about. (Kind of interested on a professional level.) Care to explain? I always find it difficult convincing people to use good HTML on their site... much to my chagrin.

One of the things I did until January this year was organise a conference for indie developers. A bunch of them have been asking if I'd do another since I went freelance, and the answer is yes! :tup:

I've been thinking about it for months, settled on some ideas I'm happy with, and found a good artist too:

http://www.bit-of-alright.com

It's in London on the 3rd of February next year, and the early bird tickets are going about a million times faster than I expected them to.

Looks really interesting, Nachimir! Hopefully I'll get to go!

One thing, though. I gotta say: Your HTML is a bit... gruesome.

IE9?

Still working on it, but I had to get done what I could in the time I had.

Edit: A lot of people are being really supportive, and my inbox is flooded. Thanks Ben, Nevsky and TP :)

It's been 4 weeks since the launch of Buried in the Credits, and so far the response has been overwhelmingly positive :) If you could check it out and leave me some comments, I'd appreciate it!

Episode 1 - Peter Garza, Tecmo Koei

Episode 2 - Jasper Koning, Olivier Thijssen, Ronimo Games

Episode 3 - Dan Long, Insert Coin Clothing

(Personally, I think Episode 2 is the best)

is it listenable in public transport?

Because Idle Thumbs isn't, it always puts a weird huge grin on my face.

Well, I'd say Episode 2 is pretty funny. On the whole though, I think they're more interesting than humorous. I also wouldn't put myself anywhere near the pedestal of the Thumbs, but I hope people like it anyway.

http://playmightymonsters.com/

So this is the game I've been working on recently. It's a monster training RPG for the iPhone. We built it using HTML and CSS3 (no canvas, pure DOM).

We've had the game in a bit of a beta mode recently, soft-launching in Canada and then opening up to the world. Since it's pure HTML, it's extremely easy for us to support and release content on the fly.

Fair warning. It's a freemium game, and may not be up your alley.

Lookin' slick, Forbin! iPhone is an interesting market for this sort of thing. I hope it works out for you!

Thanks. I should say, we've also got a holiday package available for the next few weeks. Play through the tutorial before Jan 1st and you can get some extra loot and fight an xmas boss.

Indeed a cactuar. ^^ We're kicking ourselves for a) forgetting to make Minecraft stuff, and B) forgetting to make an Android gingerbread.

lol :tup:

But isn't that joke about semantics rather than grammar?

Yes (that strip is actually filed under the "semantics" category). The comic is about "grammar and words and stuff!" -- it's about writing in general, and anything related to language. Glad you're paying attention, though. :tup:

Strip 4 was handy, I always mean to check that and never get round to it. Good stuff!

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. It would be awesome if the original backgrounds/models were around, but I bet they're not even in the vaults... shame.

What's all this in the Residual thread about modelling Manny's desk? Are people getting distracted, or are you actually planning to model the backgrounds?

What's all this in the Residual thread about modelling Manny's desk? Are people getting distracted, or are you actually planning to model the backgrounds?

Hmm. Good question. I'll get back to you.

I've always wanted to play Uplink, but the game's visuals have always made my eyes bleed... So I've spent the past few days creating a theme for it that doesn't make me want to rake out my eyeballs with rusty coat-hangers (your mileage may vary).

It's far from complete (still need to think of something for that bottom left-hand icon), and the colour scheme is very Steam-ish, but my eyes no longer want to run away to a different body (once again, your mileage may vary).

Before and after...

Uplink1_old.png

Uplink1_new.png

Uplink2_old.png

Uplink2_new.png