JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I think there's some lady in a brothel under a bar or something you can sleep with?

Regarding the game thing in the sale, my plan will be the same as the last one: do community votes for trading cards and sell them for big money ($0.20 or whatever)

Wait, since when was Dead Rising Three announced for PC?

Well that's one less reason to get an X1.

Yeah, there is a brothel and i think you can hire a patron if you want, but I don't remember anybody besides Triss who is sort of his girlfriend, even though nobody can tie Geralt down. 

They announced it right before E3.  If it were out, I might buy it at that price, but I'm not going to pre-order something during the Steam sale.

Xcom: The Bureau is $4.  Is it worth playing at all? 

I need to clean up my wishlist, there is so much crap on there that I'm not even sure why I added it.

Yeah, there is a brothel and i think you can hire a patron if you want, but I don't remember anybody besides Triss who is sort of his girlfriend, even though nobody can tie Geralt down. 

Ug... Triss. Am I the only one who hated her in the first game? I'm bummed that she gets the Witcher 2 nod instead of Shani.

I thought The Bureau was utter garbage. I pre-ordered it, was extremely excited for Xcom meets Mass Effect, but was completely disappointed by everything the game had to offer.

It's not usual for me to not find something to like, but the dialogue, the narrative, the visuals were all ugly and boring. The game play was janky as shit and made me feel like I was fighting against my PC to play. The friendly AI which you need to be working is awful too. I spent so much time ordering my squad mates to hide, only for them to run out into the open and require me to revive them.

Seriously, keep clear of The Bureau. It's trash.

Ug... Triss. Am I the only one who hated her in the first game? I'm bummed that she gets the Witcher 2 nod instead of Shani.

No. I still haven't played Witcher 2, but I imagine she doesn't get much better in it. I pretty much can't like Triss knowing her relationship with Geralt from the books and how she uses his amnesia to her advantage.

I thought The Bureau was utter garbage. I pre-ordered it, was extremely excited for Xcom meets Mass Effect, but was completely disappointed by everything the game had to offer.

It's not usual for me to not find something to like, but the dialogue, the narrative, the visuals were all ugly and boring. The game play was janky as shit and made me feel like I was fighting against my PC to play. The friendly AI which you need to be working is awful too. I spent so much time ordering my squad mates to hide, only for them to run out into the open and require me to revive them.

I wouldn't say trash, but the AI is really really annoying.

Thanks, that solves that buying decision!

I played a couple hours of The Bureau and had a lot of fun. I didn't go back to it because I just wasn't in the mood to play a shooter of any sort, but I definitely plan to go back to it some day.

You're not the only one. SHANI 4 LYFE

But I actually liked Triss a lot more in W2 than I did in W1.

Also I just realized I called her Trish in my last post. Shame on me. I've been really bad with names of video game characters lately!

Also I just realized I called her Trish in my last post. Shame on me. I've been really bad with names of video game characters lately!

I love Trish and Gerald. Romance of the century, right?

I played a couple hours of The Bureau and had a lot of fun. I didn't go back to it because I just wasn't in the mood to play a shooter of any sort, but I definitely plan to go back to it some day.

Now I'm just confused.

Man, it's times like this that I can never get my Steam password right.

I had to try literally a dozen times to log into my account before it accepted what was the right username and password. I think the servers are still buckling, there was a little while an hour or so back where the search function wasn't even returning anything.

For $4 if you want to experience it, that's not a terrible buy. I think it's one of the worst games I've played in the past 3 years though.

Now I'm just confused.

It's a video game!

Does that help? :P

Welp.

DMC and DS2 now are mine.

Yesssssssssss!  Another DS2 owner.  Gooooood.  Super good.

I've just been waiting patiently for this sale. Biding my time, playing DS1 until I can grab it. So excited to play!

I'll buy DS2 if it goes on a daily sale. Otherwise I'm content waiting.

They claim the Capcom Ultra LONG SUPER COMBO NAME DLC is XBone only.... But I doubt it.

ok. i feel bad nickle and diming indie devs, but i also feel like a chump wasting money.

33% banner saga

10% transistor

20% divinity

that's probably as low as those will go, right?

ok. i feel bad nickle and diming indie devs, but i also feel like a chump wasting money.

33% banner saga

10% transistor

20% divinity

that's probably as low as those will go, right?

Banner Saga might get lower in a daily or community choice deal, I think the other two probably won't.