gdf

Life

PSN Support no longer wants to talk to me about this issue, they consider it closed. I obviously don't consider the issue closed. I will send them one more reply stating that it was lovely collaborating with them on this issue, and I hope they will get raped through a mail slot. ... Or something like that.

I already looked into possible legal routes, but that's just way to expensive for a 10 euro issue.

So, I will to the next thing as start to publicize the war logs in the near future.

Nice, my Inteno X5668 ADSL modem propably broke mysteriously yesterday. :tdown:

It was still working in the morning, but after I came from work just the ethernet light was blinking weirdly and all the lan ports were also blinking.

Power led, WLAN led, internet led and DSL led were all out.

Power off, cabel unplugging and hard reset did not work so I'm bringing it today to the broadband provider for checking. Most likely either the power supply is broken or then the modem itself is busted.

Today's electronics are just this kind of crap that suddenly breaks after one year of use.

So it was the power adapter, I got a new one thanks to 2 years guarantee that was still on. Finally some good luck in this business. Now modem is up and running again.

Today was the day in which I acknowledged that I am dumb. Dumb as a fucking brick. I also made my girlfriend cry and I think her break-up with me is imminent.

Anyways, to save the world a headache I am going to quit the internet. Goodbye, Idle Thumbs. It's been nice.

Don't cancel your subscription to Idle Thumbs! Think about all the effort you put into ingratiating yourself with our elitist, implacable, boo-hiss community!

WTF?!?!:eek: He can't do that can he? I mean, someone must know where he lives. You can't just up and leave you know.

We require at least 3 months written notice and a letter from your Mum or registered guardian confirming you are of firm mind.:fart:

Shit. You're not dumb Kromsy honest. Chin up dude, see you back again when things are a little easier I hope.;(

Oh.

1. Kinda surprised at the responses, in a good way. :)

2. I was writing a hiiiiiiilarious joke about offing myself because I made my girlfriend feel horrible, but was duly interrupted and must've submitted the post in its current form. It reads like a goodbye note.

3. I was actually upset, but just because she was too. Anyways, we talked and she's all happy now, so I'm not feeling like I just lit a 3 year old on fire. Making your girlfriend cry - especially my girlfriend, who is the sweetest person I know - is the worst thing ever. I mean, I did it by accident (I wasn't picking up on the subtext of our conversation) but still.

4. Woo I am feeling much better now.

I feel I should say this on the internet, though: I love you, Tami. Don't ever feel bad. I hope you google "Kroms" someday and read this.

You lit a 3 year old on fire? You should feel bad. Also, we hate you for that internet suicide thing now.

How are things in your country, by the way? The great big eyeballs in the sky all seem to be focused on Gaddafi at the moment.

Anyway, I have... um... lets see... I... hmm... that goniom... nope... Yeah no, nothing interesting to report at the time.

I was actually upset, but just because she was too. Anyways, we talked and she's all happy now, so I'm not feeling like I just lit a 3 year old on fire. Making your girlfriend cry - especially my girlfriend, who is the sweetest person I know - is the worst thing ever. I mean, I did it by accident (I wasn't picking up on the subtext of our conversation) but still.

I too am dumb and put my foot in my mouth all the time. It's nice to feel smart on the internet because you can edit before posting. I totally know how you feel. Glad you're not quitting for reals.

Situation in Jordan: generally calm, though with signs of small, small unrest. There were protests yesterday, demanding a democratic government (people want to elect their own prime ministers and ministers and what not), which quickly got shut down. Our King's birthday is coming up, so everyone is throwing up posters, ads (yep) and banners praising him.

Worrying thing #1: Intelligence are being more active than usual. Yesterday I got in a cab with a guy who randomly assured me he was Iraqi, before randomly saying that all these people putting up those posters are "monafiqeen" - abandoners of all that is good and right in the world, and slaves and servants of the devil and his agenda, atheism. Or something. I dunno. I'm pretty sure he was intelligence, anyways, since a good chunk of cabbies are and no-one would dare say that. I stayed quiet.

Worrying thing #2: I don't know if Jordan could deal with a democratic government. I hate to say it, but people here are racist and bigoted. A guy from Al-Salt would never get voted in by Circassians, for example, and vice versa; and the amount of "wastat" - an extreme form of nepotism - would rise even higher. I shudder to think about the amount of fighting this could potentially lead to. Ugh, the fights that Jordan University kids get into; and ugh ugh ugh over the reasons (three I recall: some Palestinian dude spits in front of Circassian girl and Circassian dudes takes offence, some guy sits in place of other guy on bus which causes tribal fight and lead to death last year, and Yarmouk University's student elections).

Anyways.

That's troubling to hear. You seem like you're miles above those people in terms of humanism and intelligence. Have you considered leaving Jordan and living in a more, well, 'enlightened' place, for lack of a better term? You might not have to fear speaking your mind freely there.

You might not have to fear speaking your mind freely there.

This is basically the incentive for me working towards leaving here. I'm working on it; the plan is I'm out, for good, by summer of 2013. Coding, writing, and (planning on) designing software and games video games to land myself a job and leave here. What job? Who knows? Maybe at some game developer I highly respect (I won't lie and say I haven't dreamed of working at Telltale or Double Fine or Valve), maybe at someplace like Google, maybe just working on nifty indie games in my spare time.

Are these high dreams that would make you think "Head, clouds, etc"?

Probably. But at least I'm trying.