gdf

Life

Wee..... just got back from another ski trip, this time it was 8 days of skiing.

Still didn't encounter that ski monster (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to post this).

I finally decided to buy some ski boots. Nothing beats owning shoes that fit better. Renting shoes is always a pain as those shoes rarely fit well. The guy at the store I bought it was really good, after inspecting my feet for about a minute he figured out the shoes that would fit me the best, and no, it wasn't the most expensive pair they had. If you're ever near alpe d'huez and want to buy ski boots, you should go to "Cyril's Sport".

Snow conditions sucked quite a lot. The upper slopes (@ les deux alpes) were ok'ish, but outside of the slopes it was pretty much green.

Today was pretty depressing. I found out that at least two of my friends had break-ups. I kind of knew something was wrong with one of them for a while, but it was always a thought that just passed through and out of my mind. I never thought to ask.

I was always hoping that things would work out for them. He's had it hard, really, but he always had her. Just goes to show the fickle nature of relationships

Too many things changed at once for me and him. His best friend and girlfriend leaving in the same week, all of his other friends leaving soon. He's Palestinian, and hence has no passport, so he's stuck here. Poor guy. I hope he's going to be OK. I've been suggesting he should do freelance programming work on the internet to make some moolah and make his life easier. We'll see. I'm meeting him for coffee tomorrow.

Anyways, needed to sigh a bit before I went to bed. :getmecoat

On friday my old friend reveiled to me he had got a job from Rovio Mobile and he is moving to Espoo now.

I'm super happy and also slightly depressed now.

First friend to go to work to a games developer, but also one of my last friends who still lived in this town.

Almost all my friends have now moved to other cities...

I'm sorry to hear that he'll be working on angry birds for ever.

I'm sorry to hear that he'll be working on angry birds for ever.
Welcome to the realities of a job in the games industry I suppose. I'm sure for most people in it, they are working on a game they'd rather not be working on.

Riots in Jordan. Streets of Amman are closing up. 10 minutes away from my house, violence has started. 35 injured, 1 dead. Police were giving protesters water in front of camera earlier, now arresting the injured. If I disappear for over a week, I've gone to jail for posting crap like this on the internet. woo.

Riots in Jordan. Streets of Amman are closing up. 10 minutes away from my house, violence has started. 35 injured, 1 dead. Police were giving protesters water in front of camera earlier, now arresting the injured. If I disappear for over a week, I've gone to jail for posting crap like this on the internet. woo.

Stay safe, man!

I hope you are safe and will continue to be, man.

Things aren't as bad as they were in Egypt, but there were violent clashes. The guy who died was beaten to death by police. What a way to go... :( Funny how the news isn't reporting anything. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, though!

Some things:

- Blog about stuff happenin'.

- Everyone on Facebook is an EXPERT on politics and philosophy today. Every single person's status begins as, "I am loyal to the country, to the King and his family, and what I want to say is..." Some people are saying that the dead dude had it coming, that these people are "trash" (the kind of wording they're using is horrible and demeaning, and has no equivalent in English, I'm afraid), and that things have to stay as they are. Needless to say, the ones I've seen are all from big families with a huge tribal mentality...On the other hand, there are people saying that change is needed, but god bless the King.

Videos. Scarce, but they're popping up. I especially love the plainscloth intelligence officers:

rfcVIG3ERNA

Pywc8V-akgs

Pro-government fighting anti-government. I love how they're accusing each other of being "un-patriotic" and both sides insist they love the country and the King. It's like a match between George Bush and his clone: they both spew meaningless crap, say the P word and ignore the other party.

IFbREUXVgBY

In the next one, the man is saying, "What happened?" and the girl is saying, "They're hosing us down with water cannons." I think the last thing she says is, "Don't go there," but she's too frightened and I can't make out what she's saying.

ylW3qT9SeLc

JdV9216Nrsk

Oh and here's a video about some of the initial protests yesterday, before they gained momentum.

EUMduW6W_mE

I hate seeing cynicism about the end of all things rationalized, in even the slightest ways.

Good luck Kroms, gods watch over you.

That man clubbed to death in Jordan got a mention on the R4 Today prog this am - although they're focussing mainly on Syria, as (it's said) Syria might have a domino effect with Lebanon, which in turn will affect Israel.

But, take heart if you can, at least in the UK it's being talked about. All the best.

Okay, one more post and then I'll leave this thread alone. The situation is slowly getting out of hand but I won't annoy you guys with it.

ieGqRd8pbOQ

University is going to be weird tomorrow.

Okay, one more post and then I'll leave this thread alone. The situation is slowly getting out of hand but I won't annoy you guys with it.

ieGqRd8pbOQ

University is going to be weird tomorrow.

I like how those cops(?) hit people with sticks and pieces of wood. It makes them look so awesome. Why do you people get these awesome stick fighting cops, and we just get complete and utter morons in our government. Morons who apparently have a master degree in law (i.e. Lilian Helder; probably screwed a professor to get her degree). If you understand Dutch I dare you to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9cNsK0s9WQ

WTF Elmuerte?! Awesome stick fighting cops?!?!

I think the sight of an army of policemen weilding sticks and batons is an extremely menacing one. It brings to mind some kind of primal, tribal warfare for me; gangs of men beating people indiscriminately.

Meet my friend Sarcasm; Sarcasm meet Armchair General.

(without sarcasm: ) What I really wonder, wtf goes on in their heads. No way in hell could a sensible man think this kind of stuff is the way to go. Are they completely power-hungry and retarded? (Actually, that's an insult to retards, I'm sorry for that.) And that is also my seg to the complete and utter idiots (some/most/all(?) of the PVV people) what are currently in the Dutch government.

Edited by elmuerte

Yesterday I was wondering about the British Museum and two tourists stopped me. A man and woman, one with a camera in their hand. I thought they were going to ask me to take a joint photograph of them, but no. They wanted me to pose in one, with the girl.

It was a very surreal experience!

Yesterday I was wondering about the British Museum and two tourists stopped me. A man and woman, one with a camera in their hand. I thought they were going to ask me to take a joint photograph of them, but no. They wanted me to pose in one, with the girl.

It was a very surreal experience!

Was there any explanation given? That's bizarre.