gdf

Life

Ok. That's it. No more PC based video games for me.

My videocard crashed yesterday. It runs extremely hot even in idle, and the automatic fan control doesn't do it's job.

I already ordered a new card, and I hope I can fit it in my PC. Current card is a 8800GT, single slot thick. And the new one is a 460GTX which is 2 slots thick. I also hope my PSU can handle it.

sucks about the graphics card man, I guess you'll just have to live with us console peasants until your new card gets here :grin:

Now you have me worried about my 9600GT that I bought about a year back heh.

Woohoo.. new card arrived within 24 hours. Installed it, PC liked it.

I can play proper video games again \o/

I'm soo much better in PC hardware installation than Nick.

It happened in Tunisia, it's happening in Egypt, it might happen in Yemen and, now, happening here.

I hope we don't come to violence, though.

Scary side-note: most of the people protesters are asking for are just awful, awful people from tribal families that will promote tribal mentalities.

It happened in Tunisia, it's happening in Egypt, it might happen in Yemen and, now, happening here.

I hope we don't come to violence, though.

Scary side-note: most of the people protesters are asking for are just awful, awful people from tribal families that will promote tribal mentalities.

I gotta say, I am excited for the Arab world. :tup::tup::tup: I hope there are enough smart people in the opposition who'll strive to set up powerful institutions [rather than/that can stand up to] powerful people.

Here's to enlightened and democratic governments!

Hmm... time for the Dutchies to revolt too. We could also use an enlightened and democratic government.

Yeah, like the Queen of Hearts.

"Off with their heads!"

Coincidentaly, my GF did this, as I'm teaching her how to use photoshop, I gave her the project to make a card game. I'm so fucking thrilled with what she does.

Totaly unrelated : hey, I have a new girlfriend and she's awesome !

post-2199-1337560333182_thumb.jpg

Here's the total sum of all the words that left my mouth yesterday:

"Have much for the large tub of ice cream? Thanks!"

Today I have not spoken to anyone.

xh_9QhRzJEs

[/self pity off]

I'm fine really. I've just been lazy in not organizing things and keeping in touch with folk. Plus unemployment limits your options massively (although I did buy the large tub of ice cream, dammit). (Also how can you not be cheered by that video? My fave moment from Team America.)

Congrats on the GF, Ossk! :tup: Love the drawing, too!

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Here's the total sum of all the words that left my mouth yesterday:

"Have much for the large tub of ice cream? Thanks!"

Today I have not spoken to anyone.

A difference between you and I is, at this point with how much crap I have going on, I would have said that with pride.

A difference between you and I is, at this point with how much crap I have going on, I would have said that with pride.

Yes, I must to learn to enjoy these moments for the next time my life is going crazy, it's true. What going on that's making your life so hectic?

Nothing exciting, unfortunately. Just smack in the middle of the dreary February grind a couple of weeks earlier than it's scheduled on the calendar. Nonstop work every evening and most weekend days at the main job, while spending the day parts of weekdays looking for a second job to help me afford going back to school in the fall for my post-grad. I'm getting a bit of game time in at work on slow days, but there's been a bunch of stuff going on there lately too. I have an hour or so of time to myself a day, but it's usually from 1 to 2-ish in the morning when I get home from work. Haven't been getting anywhere near enough sleep, etc etc. I'm going to try to see the King's Speech tonight with the girlfriend, as Sunday night is when I can actually do things now and then, but what I want most in the world right now is a day when I just don't have to get out of bed at all, maybe bring the Wii into the bedroom or something, and just melt into my mattress. It's not even that anything is particularly hard. I like my job quite a bit, and love my girlfriend (after 3 and a half years, I'd better). I'm just really tired of having to talk to people and work with them constantly and would love to not do that for a day.

Nothing exciting, unfortunately. Just smack in the middle of the dreary February grind a couple of weeks earlier than it's scheduled on the calendar. Nonstop work every evening and most weekend days at the main job, while spending the day parts of weekdays looking for a second job to help me afford going back to school in the fall for my post-grad. I'm getting a bit of game time in at work on slow days, but there's been a bunch of stuff going on there lately too. I have an hour or so of time to myself a day, but it's usually from 1 to 2-ish in the morning when I get home from work. Haven't been getting anywhere near enough sleep, etc etc. I'm going to try to see the King's Speech tonight with the girlfriend, as Sunday night is when I can actually do things now and then, but what I want most in the world right now is a day when I just don't have to get out of bed at all, maybe bring the Wii into the bedroom or something, and just melt into my mattress. It's not even that anything is particularly hard. I like my job quite a bit, and love my girlfriend (after 3 and a half years, I'd better). I'm just really tired of having to talk to people and work with them constantly and would love to not do that for a day.

Sounds like you could do with a few days off.

Oooff, January was a bit crazy for me too. Let's see:

I was doing sound design and operation for a play. Lovely cast and crew and the production turned out great. I'm down to design lighting for an upcoming production of All My Sons, which I love doing, and have minor-helping out roles in other plays. Plus I got talked into auditioning for a crazy madcap play based on Clue(do) where every actor plays four roles. It went great, I got callbacks and now I'm waiting to hear if I got it. I acted in three plays last year; after a while considering giving up and sticking to backstage stuff, I had a great experience with them and can't wait to do it again.

Did I mention that all my theatre work is voluntary?

Yeah I'm still technically unemployed. But I've got an interview tomorrow for a crappy phone helpline job. I decided that I have enough cool stuff going on that I can handle a meaningless soul crushing day job for a while. I'll still be applying to more interesting things, but I need the money. And I'm moving house.

Oh yeah, my flatmates are moving on so I have to find a new home. Been looking at places and having lettings agents bring their prospective tennents to invade my personal neurotic space. There was a scare where the lettings agents, ravenous as ever, thought I was giving one months notice instead of two and so they geared up to chuck us out. Eugh, I'm glad that got sorted. I'm hoping to get a studio flat as I'm not keen on sharing again - this last houseshare was great and I felt comfortable but that is a rarity. So having a steady job of any kind will help with the bills and references.

I would have done bar work again, but for the theatre and the comedy - I am now co-running three small-venue comedy nights a month, occasionally compering it myself. They're all going pretty well, although with the last few weeks of chaos we had to cancel a gig for the first time in six months when I failed to spot that the venue double-booked us. I felt awful but our track record is still pretty good. One of the venues is putting a lot more pressure on us than the others but hopefully we'll get that under control.

I have few small writing projects and minor things too. I had to abandon a short-story competition when I just couldn't pull the draft together. There will be another one eventually though.

So last year was my best in ages, possibly my first good year in many. Helped by an amazing and lovely French girl who I was seeing. Sadly it didn't work out but we're still friends and still hang out from time to time, so it could have been a lot worse. I had a bit of a mood dip in the new year so haven't really felt up to much flirting since - indeed I seem to have forgotten how. There are a couple of girls I've thought about asking out... one of them I even admitted my feelings to... and then nothing really happened. It's weird, I was sure I'd got better at this sort of thing and regained my dating confidence last year, but I seem to have lost all romantic momentum right now. I'm not agonising over it, puzzle that it is; I figure I just need a bit more time to sort the rest of my life and my mind out. Feels a bit disorganised in here.

...aaand breeeathe...

OK, so, February. Here we go.

Hay I got a new job too ! (sorry if that bums out my unemployed fellow thumbs) !

I work as video game area manager in a museum called La Gaîté lyrique (well, museum, concert hall and exhibition hall) and since nobody takes games seriously, I can pretty much do anything I want <3

Example : I'm gonna setup a minecraft server for the museum and have artists play the game and make events in there. I'm gonna have every console that has ever been into existence out of the biggest console and games collection in Europe and have people play games on them ! \o/

Also I'll teach kids about the game industry, and organize events around circuit bending and 8 bit 'zic, make an ARG in the building using RFID…*Man, I have so much things to do, and I'm alone doing it so it's gonna be haaaaaaard but I sure hope it'll be a succesful place (probably will be since I'm the only place in the museum that's free :D)

Congratulations, man! That sounds like an awesome gig. You gonna put up any pictures of it, give us a looksy?

What's the idea for the ARG, can you tell yet? :D

Can't really tell you about the ARG, 'll give out some details about in some time by the end february if you want :)

Attached there's a picture of me playin in there but you couldn't really see,

http://www.gaite-lyrique.net/

Press the right arrow to have an idea

and there's a pic of the thing from the outside…*What one should know is that the inside is gigantic…

You should come and visit ! :D

post-2199-13375603338405_thumb.jpg

Example : I'm gonna setup a minecraft server for the museum and have artists play the game and make events in there.

This is an absolutely awesome idea.