gdf

Life

Yea, I'm not saying it is easy, nor that I could do it any better. I'm just saying that there's a huge difference between the recordings and live performances when it comes to singing. Like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FLiDvLmjY

(This is still one of their better performances.)

(This ain't. Sounds pretty horrible without Homme if you ask me.)

Anyway, sorry for the offtopic. Today, I did not join a local metal band. I have never even considered doing so, for that matter.

I just wish I had a better computer so I could run more PC games. My good one got fried a while ago and haven't been in the financial position to really splurge on a good PC. But still really glad to be here. When I finally go get a good one, I have a huge group I can potentially play with. :)

We play console games, too. Check out the multiplayer networking forum to see whether there's anything you're interested in. It's mainly GTA and Forza at the moment, but WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE MAY HOLD dramatic music thunderclap etc.

^^Yo, dude. Some metal like Torche was made to pop. (less poppy example of Torche found here. ...Thinking about it now, that is one intense fucking album. God I love them.) Or
even. And you can't go wrong with Mastodon. I remember when my sisters husband played March of the Fire Ants for me for the first time when I was just a freshman in high school. My head exploded. True story. I think my favorite thing about those three bands is that they don't try too hard. Don't give up on metal just yet. There are gems around still! METAAAAAAAL! \m/ *explosion*

On the subject of women, handed a girl my number and name today. Will she reply: a Waiting Game. :violin:

Don't get me wrong, I still love a LOT of metal: Anthrax, Lamb of God, BTBAM, Gojira, Mastodon, the list goes on. It just seems that the community are really crap, liking stuff like Power Metal, Folk metal, Metallica, again this list goes on and on. Again I also like a lot of Hard Rock, along the lines of Priestess and Baroness. I guess I just want my music to be progressive, or at least honest if it isn't. Essentially every "metal" club should play the Brutal Legend soundtrack.

(I'm no closer to making the big decision, and still can't reveal it publicly. Suffice to say, there are all kinds of personal and professional motives intersecting on it, and a large unhealthy dose of vagueness).

However, I spent today at Mallory Park watching mates of mates race motorbikes. I thought it might get pretty boring, but the races were all about ten minutes long, the sound of all those engines got me pretty keyed up, and taking these kind of photos for the first time ever was interesting.

I would not trust that site for good information regarding that subject.

Yea, I'm not saying it is easy, nor that I could do it any better. I'm just saying that there's a huge difference between the recordings and live performances when it comes to singing. Like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FLiDvLmjY

(This is still one of their better performances.)

(This ain't. Sounds pretty horrible without Homme if you ask me.)

Anyway, sorry for the offtopic. Today, I did not join a local metal band. I have never even considered doing so, for that matter.

Yeah, I mean I get where you're coming from. I've seen the videos of their performance too. Ouch. But I've seen Mastodon live several times and I can vouch for the guys, those videos are off days. Sometimes you got it, sometimes it's just hard to get out of you. Also, Homme is the best ever. <3

/off topic.

Surprisingly, girly text me today. Yay!

I have what I think is a date a week today. A quasi-date if you will. It's with a cute girl from uni. Upsides being, if all goes well, she's vegetarian, which while I have been for my whole life, isn't a criteria I look for, it however is certainly a positive.

I'm also in my midterms. coursework period, which isn't too bad at the moment. Which means I have cut down on drinking recently. Sunshine is making life a lot easier.

I'm doing preliminary work on my candidate's thesis. It'll be about learning English through Monkey Island 2. It's cool, I'm really motivated about studying again, which certain courses I had to take nearly killed.

(I'm no closer to making the big decision, and still can't reveal it publicly. Suffice to say, there are all kinds of personal and professional motives intersecting on it, and a large unhealthy dose of vagueness).

However, I spent today at Mallory Park watching mates of mates race motorbikes. I thought it might get pretty boring, but the races were all about ten minutes long, the sound of all those engines got me pretty keyed up, and taking these kind of photos for the first time ever was interesting.

Write the pros and the cons, start making up excuses for the cons then say Yes.

I'm doing preliminary work on my candidate's thesis. It'll be about learning English through Monkey Island 2. It's cool, I'm really motivated about studying again, which certain courses I had to take nearly killed.

Awesome! =) Good luck!

Yeah, that's actually a great subject to do it on: a friend from high school learnt to read English because of a Monkey Island game, it was either 1 or 2.

Thanks for the well wishes also.

Heh, that is an excellent subject to make thesis on, I learned a lot of English while playing Monkey Island 1 when I was young. It was fun to surprise the teacher with all kinds of strange words that she had no idea about how I knew all that.

Hey, thanks a lot for the encouragement. I picked MI2 because of the interface and option for easier puzzles. The only problem is that it doesn't have any speech, which the new Special Edition is fixing of course -- too late for me, though. I guess it'll be adding a hint system as well, which is great. I'll have to do the study using the original, though, since I'm supposed to have it ready before summer.

MI2 is in this sweet spot of still having verbs as interface items instead of icons, and having everything you can interact with represented in both text and graphics. This is great because if you can't understand a word, you can still see the item in the inventory or character or whatever. And you're using language to do things, creating little sentences and seeing the results. To me it seems like a terrific interface for learning language even though it was never designed for that.

In other news, for the first time since I started to grow hair in places, I'm pretty content being alone. Getting over my last girlfriend took about twice the length of the relationship, which sucked, but now I'm in a new place for me. For a long, long time getting a girlfriend was important for self-esteem reasons, but now it seems most important for me to work towards being able to go where I want to and do what I want to, which means finishing up my studies. I was actually surprised to realize the shift.

MI2 is in this sweet spot of still having verbs as interface items instead of icons, and having everything you can interact with represented in both text and graphics. This is great because if you can't understand a word, you can still see the item in the inventory or character or whatever. And you're using language to do things, creating little sentences and seeing the results. To me it seems like a terrific interface for learning language even though it was never designed for that.

I guess when you put it that way, it is a pretty great game for multiple reasons.

I should have played other games I didn't know the language of growing up. Ergh...

I'm sad at the moment. Real sad.

I'm in a city I barely know but above all else, don't know my way around, I've lived in California for a while but now that I'm here, none of my friends are/are available, i've now been traveling in business trips for something like 3 weeks and here I am… Away from friends and family, no human contact. At all…

Nobody answered my PMs to get to meet thumbs, no friends around, I tried to talk to star designers but each time they had to leave before I could even finish the question. I'm in a crappy hotel, I don't want to go back there in the evening but I have nothing else to do so… Might as well get some work done.

Also my teeth hurt a lot and I don't have time to go see a dentist.

Life's going pretty well pro-wise so I can hardly complain but I'm sad.

In other news, for the first time since I started to grow hair in places, I'm pretty content being alone. Getting over my last girlfriend took about twice the length of the relationship, which sucked, but now I'm in a new place for me. For a long, long time getting a girlfriend was important for self-esteem reasons, but now it seems most important for me to work towards being able to go where I want to and do what I want to, which means finishing up my studies. I was actually surprised to realize the shift.

I have experienced much the same development as of late. Had a wonderful relationship for a year that ended a few months ago. Now that I'm over it, I realize that I don't really desire a relationship like that anymore, not with the nigh-desperate craving I once felt. It feels balanced and right.

I'm in a city I barely know but above all else, don't know my way around, I've lived in California for a while but now that I'm here, none of my friends are/are available, i've now been traveling in business trips for something like 3 weeks and here I am… Away from friends and family, no human contact. At all…

Nobody answered my PMs to get to meet thumbs, no friends around, I tried to talk to star designers but each time they had to leave before I could even finish the question. I'm in a crappy hotel, I don't want to go back there in the evening but I have nothing else to do so… Might as well get some work done.

Also my teeth hurt a lot and I don't have time to go see a dentist.

Life's going pretty well pro-wise so I can hardly complain but I'm sad.

Sucks Ossk... I hope things pick up soon! When do you return home?

Nobody answered my PMs to get to meet thumbs

I would've totally went and hung out with you if I was actually attending. Alas, GDC is a little over budget for me, for now.

Traveling alone can be harsh, especially as it's not just being alone, but also a dislocated routine too; there's nothing familiar. My advice: eat well, take a break, go see something interesting and start making plans for when you get back. Finding a few friends to chat with online can help too.

Traveling alone can be harsh, especially as it's not just being alone, but also a dislocated routine too; there's nothing familiar. My advice: eat well, take a break, go see something interesting and start making plans for when you get back. Finding a few friends to chat with online can help too.

I'll try that tonight if people keep on ignoring my PMs.