gdf

Life

..I am a dunce..

EDIT: ^^ Alcoholism can cause psychosis and a whole host of related mental disorders and absolutely devastating physical illness. I'm not going to make you feel bad for your drinking (and I am certainly NOT judging you AT ALL), just raising awareness.

EDIT EDIT: This post was clearly no edit, t'was infact a multiquote thingy. I hang my head in shame for my forum faux pas :getmecoat

Yeah, I don't want to sound super anti-drinking or anything. I don't really drink at all myself, but if anything I think that's too far in the opposite direction. It's fine to have a good time and all that. Just, if you're not happy with how it's going, then that's a pretty good indicator that you should probably adjust.

I am stating the obvious.

(and I am certainly NOT judging you AT ALL), just raising awareness.

Wow, you really are a PC gamer. Get it? PC? opinionated in a way that is different from me? :getmecoat

Thanks for your input and your advice on the PC multiplayer options (though I don't have the hardware for them).

...Thanks for your input and your advice on the PC multiplayer options (though I don't have the hardware for them)...

Can you play Left for Dead? Do you have it? We could arrange a game or two of that, or Team Fortress 2 (a total noob speaks).

Perhaps the console route is the way to go then. Seriously, don't worry about looking/sounding a fool. We are all fools, that's why we have gravitated toward each other on here. I for one, have embraced my inner geek. I no longer see it as an illness :grin:

Dude, get back in on GTA. We all suck. That's why it's fun. I didn't realize it was as bad as you're making it out to be now, so I didn't say anything before, but count me in on the "support" train. Get in on some games. GTA for sure, and Forza and Perfect Dark if you have 'em. We got your back. Best thing you can do is keep reminding yourself that your drinking makes you yourself uncomfortable. I'm glad for you that you seem to have realized that pretty clearly.

Dude, get back in on GTA. We all suck. That's why it's fun. I didn't realize it was as bad as you're making it out to be now, so I didn't say anything before, but count me in on the "support" train. Get in on some games. GTA for sure, and Forza and Perfect Dark if you have 'em. We got your back. Best thing you can do is keep reminding yourself that your drinking makes you yourself uncomfortable. I'm glad for you that you seem to have realized that pretty clearly.

I have all three (GTA, Forza and PD), and, Armchair, I might be able to get L4D or at least TF2 running on some low settings (I've a hand-me-down laptop with an Integrated chipset, you see). And as for the drinking...it's not that I drink gallons of hard liqour at all times...it's not the quantity as much as the fact that, for a while, I've been getting drunk 2 or 3 times a week, just sitting around by myself for lack of anything else to do and it really takes a toll on schoolwork and stuff because it makes me waste a good chunk of the day...it's just a terrible, sad thing to do. Plus I'm on liver taxing meds, so I really shouldn't be drinking. I think I can get a handle on it if I really try, because I'm not an especially heavy drinker and it's been a problem for less than a year, though. Thanks, guys. You are all quite rad.

... I'm not an especially heavy drinker and it's been a problem for less than a year, though. Thanks, guys. You are all quite rad.

WE WILL CLAMP DOWN ON ANY DRINKING IF WE SEE FIT!

Try and get TF2 up and running, I have played that ONCE so I am a total noobette. Post your Steam id so we can get hold of you for impromptu games and do the Skype thang also.

I have played that ONCE so I am a total noobette.

Good :). I like when people are worse at games than me (though I've only played TF2 on X360). My Steam name is benzino521. I've never used Skype, though.

Good :). I like when people are worse at games than me (though I've only played TF2 on X360). My Steam name is benzino521. I've never used Skype, though.

Can't find you on Steam... I'm Armchair General, you could look for me instead.

You don't like skyping monkey? I've had some good laughs with it.

Can't find you on Steam... I'm Armchair General, you could look for me instead.

You don't like skyping monkey? I've had some good laughs with it.

Hmm...can't find you either. Whut up wit dAt!1!!

Try LevatorAni instead.

It worked. Do you know of good multiplayer indie games on PC that have low requirements? I have a lot of good sources for free indie games, so I'll post them somewhere if I find good multiplayer ones.

Oh shit, I've only played an hour of TF2 in my life as well. I figured finding other noobs at this point was a lost cause. Anyone for total rookie sessions where we all just suck out loud?

Yeah, I'm a total noob too. =| (Actually, those hours are just half of the stats I see in game...)

In all more seriousness, would love to play with you guys, maybe help you out. ^^ Anybody have a server they can set up?

(also, maybe we should move to the networking forum..?)

I'm getting closer and closer to buying this (TF2) and trying to run it on my Intel GMA 950 with fingers crossed.

I'm getting closer and closer to buying this (TF2) and trying to run it on my Intel GMA 950 with fingers crossed.

I'm sure you have already done it, but I googled for a bit....it doesn't look like TF2 will run on a GMA 950:(

If you are feeling fruity you could try this:

http://twshatters.ashes226.com/forum/index.php?topic=24.0

But this guy claims it will definitely not work: (see Joga post near the bottom)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=178580&page=3

Good luck....

EDIT: Has anyone got a spare gift copy of TF2 going begging? I thought I did, but I think I am getting confused with Half life 2 or something.

(I'm no closer to making the big decision, and still can't reveal it publicly. Suffice to say, there are all kinds of personal and professional motives intersecting on it, and a large unhealthy dose of vagueness).

Sorry for having been a tease on this. I basically got an offer to own and run an established company, but it was made by someone who tends to exist surrounded by a vague miasma of ideas and proposals. After trying to pin it down, it stayed vague. If it does eventually pan out, it will take many months, but I really don't expect it to. Given the nature of the person offering, I'm slightly glad about that.

Also, I went to watch bike racing again, our friend Tim won one race and came second in another. There was motorcross on too, which was interesting to photograph. I'm especially pleased with this photo:

4451194967_faf61f95fc.jpg

and this one:

4451202391_54a94ac406.jpg

I went snowboarding a month ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. On the downside, I'm still healing from a torn intercostal and a sprained foot. On the upside, the injuries were absolutely worth it. It was amazing and beautiful and I need to do it again as soon as possible. 2000ft descent + whiteout +

going in one ear was incredible. The piste was busy with people trying to get off the mountain, the weird diffused light turned them all into grey ghosts, visibility occasionally dropped to about 20 feet, and I could hear ski patrols dynamiting on the surrounding mountains.

It's been a long time since I mountain biked much, and I'd forgotten how much I love throwing myself around the world. So I've been picking up boarding gear in the end of season sales and am eyeing up mountain bikes too now...

I also booked my CBT for early next month, so in a few weeks will have a 125cc motorbike and be able to ride it with learner plates :)

For years I've postponed this kind of stuff because there's always something objectively more important or more responsible to do with money. Fuck it though, I don't want to live cooped up on public transport and in offices all the time.

Good for you man! I would love to go snowboarding, I'm jealous ;) Cool pics too although motorbikes scare me.

When I read CBT, I thought you meant cognitive behavioural therapy, which, as it's a treatment for depression, didn't gel with your post at all. I AM REVISING TOO MUCH. I see illness everywhere!