gdf

Life

Allergies? That's my general guess at anything that makes you wierd and/or miserable at this time of the year.

Twig, I think you might like these two interviews and the books they're about (they made me happy, anyway).

Hah, I don't know if I'll ever read those, but I appreciate what you're saying. It's nice that I'm not the only one.

Merus: Yeah, I'm hoping that's how it goes down. Or maybe I'll even just get really lucky and they'll go a little further in the interview process with me now. Haven't heard back from them, yet, but they told me to expect word soon.

Having a backed-up toilet after a bad meal of Taco Bell is the worst thing. I feel better now, but only because my entire bathroom has been bathed in bleach.

Is it weird that I wanna eat some Taco Bell now?

Having a backed-up toilet after a bad meal of Taco Bell is the worst thing. I feel better now, but only because my entire bathroom has been bathed in bleach.

There is a worse thing. Blocking the toilet at work in a room/cubicle which literally opens out onto the front entrance of the building with the front door being metres away, after having a revolting chips and curry-infused poo emitting fumes sharp enough to make a grown man cry. Such was my desperation that I had to resort to getting my arm in there, but to my horror the problem was deeper than anticipated. I'd come that far though, so proceeded until victorious — with an arm that required about half an hour of being bathed in anti-bacterial soap and water.

There is a worse thing. Blocking the toilet at work in a room/cubicle which literally opens out onto the front entrance of the building with the front door being metres away, after having a revolting chips and curry-infused poo emitting fumes sharp enough to make a grown man cry. Such was my desperation that I had to resort to getting my arm in there, but to my horror the problem was deeper than anticipated. I'd come that far though, so proceeded until victorious — with an arm that required about half an hour of being bathed in anti-bacterial soap and water.

:o

Taco Bell don't like you, though.

I'm 11yrs Taco Bell free this summer.  i can still taste it when i reflect.  every day is recovering.

I wish there was a Taco Bell closer to my place. As it is I have to ride a bus for almost an hour to get to the nearest one. And I really like their food...

Holy shit.

That's incredible!

Oh, ugh! Yeah, I like to think I'm free of magic thinking in my daily life, but there's nothing like washing your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap and discovering that you can still smell the shit afterward. Wait, what? Soap doesn't magically annihilate all dirt and disease on contact? I need to wash multiple times, maybe even soak my hands, before they stop smelling like poop? It's harrowing just to think about.

Take it to the plug your shit thread guys.

I thought that this was the random thought thread. But I suppose it's just a thought and not necessarily random.

POOP SHIT FART POOFUC

I'm just blown away by the idea that you can clog toilets, but then I remember seeing American toilets and how they're just full of water. Australian toilets have water just at the bottom, so they clog much less frequently but it's more likely that your leavings won't get carried why am I telling internet strangers about my toilet

Is it really the amount of water that results in clogged toilets? That doesn't feel right, though I admit toilet physics is not my strongest point.

I'm just blown away by the idea that you can clog toilets, but then I remember seeing American toilets and how they're just full of water. Australian toilets have water just at the bottom, so they clog much less frequently but it's more likely that your leavings won't get carried why am I telling internet strangers about my toilet

I'm from the International Drainage Commission and I need to ask you some questions about your toilet.

This is making me seriously nostalgic for my first few months on these forums.

I'm in one of those moods right now where everything makes me mad and I want to hit things.  I should probably refrain from posting anything for a bit.  And standing near breakable objects.  And people.

I'm from the International Drainage Commission and I need to ask you some questions about your toilet.

My god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet, is there?

Is it really the amount of water that results in clogged toilets? That doesn't feel right, though I admit toilet physics is not my strongest point.

It's not really, but it's a symptom. American toilets clog easier because they have a narrower pipe; Australian toilets have a much larger pipe because all the water pressure comes from the cistern instead of the bowl. Very difficult to clog, and easier to have a 'half-flush' mechanism, but they get dirtier in the bowl.

I suspect this is mostly what you're used to, though, and not a question of clear superiority why am I talking about toilets again