gdf

Life

Spring cleaning is the best!

I've had the windows open, sun and fresh air rushing in, 

blasting from the speakers, and a big jug of iced water a few slices of lemon and lime (plus the occasional black coffee) for refreshment.

Currently basking in a heady combination of satisfaction at a job well done, some nice light exercise, and that relaxed feeling that comes when you everything is in it's right place.

Oh god, i left mine half done. My room is lovely and clean today, but the spare room is worse than ever...

In other news... Monday night I start on the bottling line of the brewery. I once again have a job. Hooray!

If you don't mind sharing, what brewery?

dream job phone interview

2maro

hgnnahghgh

dream job phone interview

2maro

hgnnahghgh

Those of you about to be interviewed we salute you 

If you don't mind sharing, what brewery?

Well, since I've already mentioned which city I live in here, I guess it couldn't hurt too much.

I'll be starting at the Brick Brewery Co in just a couple of hours.

Well, I ordered a book in german, from amazon.de (it was Sabriel, by Garth Nix) because I also own it in English and wanted to use it to help me learn German. It took a while to arrive, because international shipping and all, which is fine. When it arrived today, I exclitedly opened it, and saw the cover. It was the North American english version of the book, shipped all the way from Germany. Why would they do that? That would be nice of them except I went out of my way to order the book on the german amazon site specifically to get the german language book. 

Actually it looks like it was my fault anyway, it was the english book I ordered all along. Oh well.

That is true. I now own 3 copies (2 english paperback, 1 kindle). Wait 4 I guess, I think I have the audible version that is narrated by Tim Curry, since I had 3 audible tokens left when I was canceling my subscription, so I got the trilogy narrated by him.

Also, grats on the job, and working at a brewery. I'm going to try my hand at home (or office, really) brewing soon with a coworker.

Started my new job today, and now that I'm doing three hours less commuting my evening literally feels endless. I have no idea how I'm even going to fill up these god damn things, I guess I'm going to have to become a lot more fit and sociable and shit. I've done all the things I want to do and still hours remain! It's such a good feeling knowing that I don't have to do all that shitty travelling, though.

Wow, congrats all those people getting jobs, good luck to all those about to get them :)

What do you with 9-5 desk jobs do when/if you have downtime?  I struggle with feeling guilty and nervous about my time use when I have nothing pressing to work on.  (And this might just be me), but I also find that prolonged periods of downtime in a day makes me feel detached and less capable of communicating when work/phone calls do pop up.  Any tips?

I have struggled with this from time to time as well. I've learned that I'm a pretty hard worker when the fat is in the fire, so they can put up with a little downtime when it's not. Everyone slacks off some.

What do you with 9-5 desk jobs do when/if you have downtime?  I struggle with feeling guilty and nervous about my time use when I have nothing pressing to work on.  (And this might just be me), but I also find that prolonged periods of downtime in a day makes me feel detached and less capable of communicating when work/phone calls do pop up.  Any tips?

Free cell is my at work past time. Some stupid amount of games played, unfortunately only a 60% win rate when I would close/forfeit when people walk by... Now just minimize

It helps me clear my head during strange or difficult problems to solve. and a single game can be clicked through in under 3 minutes.

Started my new job today, and now that I'm doing three hours less commuting my evening literally feels endless. I have no idea how I'm even going to fill up these god damn things, I guess I'm going to have to become a lot more fit and sociable and shit. I've done all the things I want to do and still hours remain! It's such a good feeling knowing that I don't have to do all that shitty travelling, though.

3 hours LESS? How the fuck?

Today I received my first jury duty thing. Summons? I just need to check every day for a week if I get called in to be interviewed. Hopefully I won't, if I do, I wonder if legitimated ADHD will be an excuse that will fly (I do not think I could tolerate sitting on a jury). We'll see how that goes, anyhow.

On the plus side, my folks are in town, so tomorrow my mom and sisters are doing their thing, and my dad and I are going to go to the academy of science in golden gate park and then to my favorite breweries in SF. Will be quite fun.

3 hours LESS? How the fuck?

It was about 1.5 hours each way before, now it's more like 1.5 minutes each way. :D

Well, since I've already mentioned which city I live in here, I guess it couldn't hurt too much.

I'll be starting at the Brick Brewery Co in just a couple of hours.

Cool, I've had a good amount of Waterloo Dark in my time, didn't realize it's the same brewery as Laker. Good luck!

Have you thought about playing more video games?

Oh for sure, but I can only game for so long and there's just too much evening! It's funny how before I felt like I barely had time to do my home hobby stuff so I spent probably way too much time isolated at home, whereas I can see me now feeling like I need to go out so I can get a break from the place — which I guess is good. :tup:

I just passed my final exam ever, after... (what?)... some 20 years from the first one. Feels pretty good.  :owned:

I'm taking my (hopefully) final exam on Friday.

And I've got this phone interview in three hours. I'm not feeling any better about it after a good night's sleep. Everything is terrible. Someone do it for me and do really well and give me credit thanks.

That negative attitude will doom you to failure I'm afraid.