gdf

Life

I live a short train journey from London proper, but will be in Sweden from this Wednesday (30th) to next (7th). If you do something the following weekend I would probably attend and be awkward, though.

If enough people plan something, I might venture out across the chunnel.

But, also, we're about a month from the Eurogamer thing too, are we not? If people want to plan some largeish IT meetup, that'd be the place for it.

If enough people plan something, I might venture out across the chunnel.

But, also, we're about a month from the Eurogamer thing too, are we not? If people want to plan some largeish IT meetup, that'd be the place for it.

Was gonna suggest this.

I might come too. Flying from here to London is relatively cheap and I've wanted to visit it anyway but haven't found a good excuse. Not sure if I can get the time off from work though, and I'll be in Sweden for a week starting Oct 19th.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. My Bank card is blocked, despite early today them saying it's all OK. Ok so my mum called me earlier today saying that abbey had apparently called saying my account was being looked into for fraud :tup: then I tried to call them, and failed, so I went to the closest branch to me, and they said they could see nothing wrong so I thought OK all is good, turns out after I went to sainsbury's to get food, My card has been blocked. Fuck you Abbey.

Fuck yeah! I've got an interview on Wednesday for a totally sweet job! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

If I get the job I'll be moving to Bristol, which would be a great excuse to ditch my girlfriend too :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

If I get the job I'll be moving to Bristol, which would be a great excuse to ditch my girlfriend too :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Haha, I guess as long as it's a good thing...

I should probably contribute too instead of just replying:

I think I figured out the formula to making myself get new artwork done and it all involves waking up at 5 AM and going to sleep at 7-8 PM. I don't know why but I just seem more involved in what I'm doing early in the morning. It's lonely sitting at a computer in the early morning because no one is online to chat with me since I'm such an attention whore, but I am nearly finished with my animatic that I said I'd finish almost 7 months ago. Then one day maybe that animatic will be a full blown 3 and a half minutes of animation but I'm only planning to get 30-60 seconds done for a website revamp of new stuff that is also very overdue.

No one at the bank bothered to call you?

sort of they called my home address, which isn't my contact number. It's all sorted now though, apparently me buying a £165 bus pass made them think I was stealing from my own account. :tup:

Hah, that's odd. Was it in a different city or anything?

I get called sometimes by my bank if I buy things online from multiple things in one day or oddly was once called for making like 6 separate $3 transactions at the post office, but they never shut my account down. Glad it got sorted out though. I guess you can feel your funds are secure now if anything?

It's probably preferable to have the occasional false positive rather than the occasional false negative (which I assume is the opposite of a false positive? It sounds right and wrong at the same time :erm:)

Hah, that's odd. Was it in a different city or anything?

I get called sometimes by my bank if I buy things online from multiple things in one day or oddly was once called for making like 6 separate $3 transactions at the post office, but they never shut my account down. Glad it got sorted out though. I guess you can feel your funds are secure now if anything?

yeah, pretty much. I was worried that I had been robbed for a while though.

My bank seems to handle that kind of stuff quite well with phone and internet banking; I get a text message within minutes if any payments are made overseas, and they have some verification procedures for certain stuff that involve both but aren't a ball ache.

Not sure how well they handle fraud after the fact though. Sucks balls Patters, I seem to know a lot of people who've had cards cloned or accounts accessed this year. Hope yours is sorted quickly.

My bank seems to handle that kind of stuff quite well with phone and internet banking; I get a text message within minutes if any payments are made overseas, and they have some verification procedures for certain stuff that involve both but aren't a ball ache.

Not sure how well they handle fraud after the fact though. Sucks balls Patters, I seem to know a lot of people who've had cards cloned or accounts accessed this year. Hope yours is sorted quickly.

It's all good. My actual account hasn't been touched by anyone but me. I just spent a lot of money in a short amount of time.

I've occasionally been having a bit of trouble paying for things on Steam recently, but they seem to resolve if I just wait for a bit. I don't know if that's fraud protection or something (I have a habit of making several separate purchases in quick succession because of deal-driven impulsiveness). I was able to buy some groceries on my debit card in Sweden when we found ourselves without cash, and there was no objection to that. No alert about potential fraud to my e-mail or phone, either. Should I be annoyed about that? I'm not.

Well, the references have come through, I've been offered a job - but still got sciatica. The company are being super understanding however, and are letting me give them weekly updates as to whether I can start the next week! How awesome is that? I hope to be employed soon :)

Yeah, that's excellent. You beat the job shortage there apparently is!

Fuck yeah! I've got an interview on Wednesday for a totally sweet job! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Do you mean here or here? Cuz, y'know, I'm in the later one most days and it's a funking ace city... :grin:

Regardless, best of luck for tomorrow! :yep:

I've occasionally been having a bit of trouble paying for things on Steam recently, but they seem to resolve if I just wait for a bit. I don't know if that's fraud protection or something (I have a habit of making several separate purchases in quick succession because of deal-driven impulsiveness). I was able to buy some groceries on my debit card in Sweden when we found ourselves without cash, and there was no objection to that. No alert about potential fraud to my e-mail or phone, either. Should I be annoyed about that? I'm not.

Every time I try to make a payment to Steam, my bank blocks it as potential fraud. Seems to be a UK-wide banking thing at the moment, specifically targeting small online payments.

I asked my bank why, and they said that fraudsters often make small trial payments online to see if the details they've stolen are valid. If they go through on something small, then they ramp up on bigger stuff very quickly (so my bank's anti-fraud dept. reckons).

Because of this, I asked if I can personally set trusted suppliers on my account, but the bank people said no. Which means I have to call the pricks pretty much every time I try to buy something over the web, because they automatically block the payments... :frusty:

Do you mean here or here? Cuz, y'know, I'm in the later one most days and it's a funking ace city... :grin:

Regardless, best of luck for tomorrow! :yep:

Thanks very much. The interview was actually this morning (not sure why I wrote Wednesday) and they've already asked me back for a second interview! This has done my self esteem the world of good; I wouldn't say I was depressed but after a year unemployed I was definitely feeling a bit down.

Hopefully I'll be moving to your fine city in the near future :grin: