gdf

Life

And by fruit flies you wouldn't happen to mean negroes, would you, hmmmmm?

Disclaimer: This extermination method is ineffective on humans.

At least in the short term. Long term, death by overexposure to sugar water seems entirely possible.

I have to scoop the bodies from my syrup filled swimming pool at least once a month or else the pile would soon reach the diving board. I think Friday nights are the worst.

Apart from that, everything is suddenly okay in my life after relatively bad news that didn't turn out to be that bad news after all. I got a measurement setup I've been building at work ready well before the school starts and I'm pretty pleased with the result. Only a few courses left before I start my Master's thesis on January. :tup:

Yup, right there with you folks. Usually, if it's important, I'll hear about it from someone else. Though I cheat a little, I do watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Which is kinda news-y

Family drama in the old country sometimes smacks of I, Claudius Lite. It is kindof bumming me out.

;( ;( ;(

Only a few courses left before I start my Master's thesis on January. :tup:

Hooray! How long do you think you'll drag it out?

Family drama in the old country sometimes smacks of I, Claudius Lite. It is kindof bumming me out.

;( ;( ;(

On a scale of 1 to Libya, how fucked up is your country of birth right now?

Hooray! How long do you think you'll drag it out?

At the moment, it seems like the work would be a part of some international project, which means that the schedule depends partly on the other participants – something I'm not really looking forward to, seeing how most people seem to do their part only when absolutely necessary. My perhaps slightly optimistic guess is that I would get it ready in six months or so.

Um.. Was that even what you were asking?

Yes.

(I purposely chose a Master's course where I would not have to do a thesis. I enjoy hearing the stories of others.)

The country, all things considered, looks a little better than it did when I was here last in December of 2006. Economically it is about as fucked as the rest of the world, par for the course. This is family drama that I am talking about. And it is about a quarter turn short of Empire Strikes Back.

If Libya's a 10 mine is at about 8!

Not that this has anything to do with anything. I just love being sad about things

(I purposely chose a Master's course where I would not have to do a thesis. I enjoy hearing the stories of others.)

Oh, interesting. How did that work out (or is working out)?

I was due to be done by now, but I had to put it on hold for a semester or two because of my RSI. I should be finishing in May if everything goes well.

MS in Info science, fo' shizzle.

I didn't know such a thing existed! Not the Info science bit.

I'm lying on a hospital bed, eating ice cream sans tonsils. The people in this hospital are incredibly friendly and professional.

I hear it's pretty rare nowadays to have your tonsils clipped. It's not recommended as much as it used to I think. Was there a special reason for you having yours done, Brkl?

Strep throat. And then strep throat. And then strep throat. And then strep throat. And then strep throat. And then strep throat. And then strep throat.

Yea the strep is in throat of strepthroat in strepstrep. Great job, folks. :tup:

So parts of Texas are burning from this stupid drought and I'm kind of afraid. A city about 40 miles southeast from here has been on fire since yesterday. I don't think it's hit the main area, but nearly five hundred of the homes in wooded areas are destroyed now.

So parts of Texas are burning from this stupid drought and I'm kind of afraid. A city about 40 miles southeast from here has been on fire since yesterday. I don't think it's hit the main area, but nearly five hundred of the homes in wooded areas are destroyed now.

My thoughts are with you mate, I just moved out of there a few days ago and my fiancee is still living in our apartment.

Holy shit. Suddenly I'm happy I live in a freaking cold part of the world. Except even here it's about 30 Celcius outside. I can't imagine your crazy Texan temperatures.