gdf

Life

So I created this with Photoshop, another picture I end up doing nothing with? Wrong, i'm going to get it printed and framed, an awesome decoration for my room.

In other news, the Japanese trip is booked, i've gotten into a new awesome school (That's not really a school, kind of, sort of) and I joined a new badass WoW guild that is clearing the highest end content. Life is sweet. :tup:

Hello folks

I feel sad because I haven't had much time to read Idle Forums for the last six weeks or so. I miss you guys!

I had fun last weekend the music 'Bestival' on the Isle of Wight. Closest thing to a holiday I've had in years. The theme was Fantasy, so there were many wizaaards to behold. We didn't go in fantasy costumes , we went as a group of 8 naughty dog-pandas, as seen in LCD soundsystem. We caused an appropriate amount of mayhem, although generally of a more benevolent type (like mimicking people in other costumes, or handing out cheap little toys or sequins or dowsing people in glitter. It says something for what a good vibe the festival had that absolutely no-one got pissed off at as and many people were entertained by it). Essentially clowning, but it's more fun when dressed as something other than a clown.

Still looking for full-time work, although I'm starting to get a reputation as Brighton's new comedy mogul, since I'm now running three separate comedy nights in different venues. Any year now I expect to start making money from it ... :P

I'm starting to get a reputation as Brighton's new comedy mogul, since I'm now running three separate comedy nights in different venues. Any year now I expect to start making money from it ... :P

Congrats! Are you doing anything in Edinburgh for the Fringe next year*? If so see you there.

*An almost surefire way to not make money...

I'm off to Stockholm for a week. Anyone know any fun stuff to do in Stockholm?

Go see the old part of the City (gamla stan?) I am not much for architecture but the small cobbled streets and odd little shops and restaurants make it interesting to wander around.

So I created this with Photoshop, another picture I end up doing nothing with? Wrong, i'm going to get it printed and framed, an awesome decoration for my room.

In other news, the Japanese trip is booked, i've gotten into a new awesome school (That's not really a school, kind of, sort of) and I joined a new badass WoW guild that is clearing the highest end content. Life is sweet. :tup:

That is awesome, Japan is probably the place I would like to visit most, specifically Tokyo. I've never been out of the United States. :o Also awesome about the WoW guild, I'm hoping wherever I end up (currently guildless) will do stuff in Cataclysm.

I'm torn about whether to first do the new high level content in Cataclysm or start a new character to do the new low level content. Fuck options!

I'd love to visit Japan someday. I'm sure it'll happen some day or later, it's pretty much bound to. In that case on my list are Tokyo, Nagasaki (for the Dutch Dejima colony! That's a piece of awesome Dutch history right there!), Kyoto and some rural touring about. I've seen so many of those forests and shrines and roads in anime and movies, I'd love to experience it firsthand to see if it feels the same.

I'm torn about whether to first do the new high level content in Cataclysm or start a new character to do the new low level content. Fuck options!

That is the dilemna we all face. Ultimately i'm sure i'll have the chance to see all of it at some point so i've decided that I love my DK enough to want to get in there at the ground floor of high end raiding and see what Blizzard has to offer. Of course you need to make your own choice, I know people who are going to leave their level 80s for later and are just going to go start a Worgen day one. I can see where they're coming from but a lot of the reason i've decided to go for raiding immediately is because the earlier you start the easier it is to ride the wave. If you're geared as well as possible when Blizzard rolls out a new raid you're automatically in it, however if you're still gearing or not geared at all you'll have to spend time doing that by which time there'll probably be a new raid to replace the first new one so you'll never get to do it. (For me, this was Ulduar being replaced by ICC/ToC while I was in Naxx)

Make your call early and stick with it, you'll pay the price either way.

We should reeeeeally do this in a separate thread (and in any case I have a story of crushing, unrequited love that I should be posting here instead), but damn, you're right. It's so easy to get raid-blocked if you don't ride the crest. Not that I've ever raided, or geared, at all, but maybe this time I could.

The biggest reason I'd start afresh is that others at my office are going to do the same and level up together (for as long as that lasts...). There's a huge incentive to join in. If I place my cards right, perhaps even monetary incentive? Trust me, it's not beyond them.

Stockholm. Anyone know fun things to do in Stockholm? I can't believe there's no one from Sweden and/or Stockholm on these forums.

We should reeeeeally do this in a separate thread (and in any case I have a story of crushing, unrequited love that I should be posting here instead), but damn, you're right. It's so easy to get raid-blocked if you don't ride the crest. Not that I've ever raided, or geared, at all, but maybe this time I could.

The biggest reason I'd start afresh is that others at my office are going to do the same and level up together (for as long as that lasts...). There's a huge incentive to join in. If I place my cards right, perhaps even monetary incentive? Trust me, it's not beyond them.

There's a Cataclysm thread, if you want to talk wow some more post over there, I watch all the threads.

Stockholm. Anyone know fun things to do in Stockholm? I can't believe there's no one from Sweden and/or Stockholm on these forums.

I think you can get some kind of syndrome.

But other than that... no idea.

There's an Annie Leibowitz photography exhibition going on, if that's your kind of fun :P Or you could spend a day in Gröna Lund (an amusement park). I don't know about any good places for music or stuff like that though.

Holy shit, dude, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing wipes out a lot of villages on the Sava, all the way to Belgrade.

Wait, speaking of shoddy infrastructure, isn't there a nuclear power plant in Krško?

Has anyone of you ever heard of a company based in London called Fraser & Fraser?

Couple of my relatives got a pretty weird, but proper looking letter with folder with case number and all from this company and they were saying that a far away relative had passed away and that all heirs would need to sign a contract individually so this company would start handling the matters and in the end the recipient would get their share of the inheritance of the person who passed away.

The thing is we know the person was a relative that lived in the USA, whom we have not heard in a while even when we sent her messages so it's pretty likely that she has passed away.

I'm going to contact this company to ask more, but does anyone here have any idea is this company completely legit?

What I found was an article from Daily Mirror that investigated this company and said that it's a so called good company, but they take 33-40% of the inheritance to themselves as "service fee".

I'm just thinking that maybe it is legit company and how else would we handle this issue, it's not like we can just jump on a plane and go searching things ourselves in the US. None of my family even met the person in a long time who passed away. Last time was I guess 50 years ago so that's quite a long time ago.

Has anyone of you ever heard of a company based in London called Fraser & Fraser?

Couple of my relatives got a pretty weird, but proper looking letter with folder with case number and all from this company and they were saying that a far away relative had passed away and that all heirs would need to sign a contract individually so this company would start handling the matters and in the end the recipient would get their share of the inheritance of the person who passed away.

The thing is we know the person was a relative that lived in the USA, whom we have not heard in a while even when we sent her messages so it's pretty likely that she has passed away.

I'm going to contact this company to ask more, but does anyone here have any idea is this company completely legit?

What I found was an article from Daily Mirror that investigated this company and said that it's a so called good company, but they take 33-40% of the inheritance to themselves as "service fee".

I'm just thinking that maybe it is legit company and how else would we handle this issue, it's not like we can just jump on a plane and go searching things ourselves in the US. None of my family even met the person in a long time who passed away. Last time was I guess 50 years ago so that's quite a long time ago.

Sounds dodgy, i'm extremely skeptical by nature so I wouldn't trust these people. Dig up what info you can, maybe talk to a solicitor, they can help you.

Been super busy for the last few days as this game thing I had been working on is finally released (SHAMELESS PLUG!). Not surprisingly in the least, it's an extreme pain in the ass to even get people to look at it. This is logical when you are App release #100 of that day alone. I will keep working hard to get it out there, though!

In other news, tomorrow my new phone is delivered to my door! I'm upgradin' from this:

nokia3410.jpg

To this:

samsunggalaxysreviewsg3.jpg

Indeed, it's an iPhon--Galaxy S! I am excited for it. :D