gdf

Life

:tup:

Hope I provided good suggestions! What else did you end up doing?

Your suggestions were great, we really enjoyed Vertshuset Skarven and BlåRock. We walked around the city centre and didn't walk over the bridge or too far away as there was "a snowstorm" during our visit.

We checked many museums (Polaria was the most important of course) and also went to Ølhallen, but didn't have time for the brewery tour as it was only once per day. The city was quite nice, the size is about the same as my hometown, around 60000 people.

One thing that I was a bit surprised about was the gasoline prices, quite high? Doesn't Norway have it's own pretty big oil industry? I knew already that most prices are high because everybody's wages are higher than in for example Finland so living costs would also be high.

I think we should've used more money on the hotel though, there were some really nice looking places in the middle of the centre, instead we chose one place a few kilometers outside the city centre and that place was more like a hostel.

One thing that I was a bit surprised about was the gasoline prices, quite high? Doesn't Norway have it's own pretty big oil industry?

A little over 60% of the gas price is from various taxes and fees.

Oh, that's in there of course! Along with songs from The Pink Panther, Batman, Predator, etc., and stuff like this:

http://open.spotify.com/track/4bZ59NDxuKD8eFPNobuxpT

Stuff like this:

http://open.spotify.com/track/1esFCXKW7Ysxc0TXqCjke2

and stuff like this:

http://open.spotify.com/track/4H9KsfvjMmw6nffR1ozsZ7

We have about 4 hours worth of playlists, and are looking for more. If anyone has any suggestions they think would be appropriate, I'm all ears.

I haven't checked your Spotify lists, but some of the Lost score would be appropriately nerve-wracking.

So I've just spent the day without any sort of electronic entertainment what-so-ever. The power was out most of the day, and when that came back up, cable, 'net and phone were gone. My car is in the shop this week, so I'm pretty sure the gods are out to get me. . .

Either way, in my spirally descent into gibbering, reality-fueled madness, I've realized I am fucking insane. This concerns me slightly, so I think I'll go get checked out. Appointment is on Monday, and I'm not sure if I want to learn about anything worse than bi-polar. Bah.

Edit for clarification: Being able to hallucinate at will and hearing things is bad, yes?

So I've just spent the day without any sort of electronic entertainment what-so-ever. The power was out most of the day, and when that came back up, cable, 'net and phone were gone. My car is in the shop this week, so I'm pretty sure the gods are out to get me. . .

Either way, in my spirally descent into gibbering, reality-fueled madness, I've realized I am fucking insane. This concerns me slightly, so I think I'll go get checked out. Appointment is on Monday, and I'm not sure if I want to learn about anything worse than bi-polar. Bah.

Edit for clarification: Being able to hallucinate at will and hearing things is bad, yes?

Yep, I believe so. Here's hoping they'll get you on the right track, pronto. You don't sound particularly insane, so hopefully it won't be anything too bad.

How very, casual.

I had something to say about life and stuff but those last two posts have thrown me completely off.

It is Halloween Friday, people are walking around in costumes and there are a surprising number of men in drag (more so than usual).

Broke it off with the girl I was seeing, started sleeping with another girl before realising that it was a bad idea. Played 3 hours of multiplayer Greed Corp in a bar with a bunch of inebriated games testers last night then woke up this morning with a strong sense that I might need to try and do something with my life before I find myself at the age of 50 with little idea as to what happened.

How very, casual.

Maybe it would help the situation to panic? The guy has a medical problem, I don't see why it's any different to someone posting about a broken leg or a heart complication...? Why should an issue with the brain get a different reaction? It's a problem of the body, just like any other medical problem, and I hope it gets rectified.

Don't make any comments unless you have had experience with those considered mentally ill.

Orvidos, very few people with mental illness will be able to consider themselves insane, especially with something like schizophrenia, where often the lines between fiction and reality become unclear to the person affected. They can start seeing things that aren't there, for example codes in books, songs, etc. that just aren't there.

I'm not an expert, but getting yourself checked out seems to be the best plan. If there is something wrong, I hope it's only temporary. I'd suggest stopping taking any illegal and un-prescribed drugs, they will only make it worse; I'm not saying that you do, but if you do, stop.

Don't make any comments unless you have had experience with those considered mentally ill.

Orvidos, very few people with mental illness will be able to consider themselves insane, especially with something like schizophrenia, where often the lines between fiction and reality become unclear to the person affected. They can start seeing things that aren't there, for example codes in books, songs, etc. that just aren't there.

I'm not an expert, but getting yourself checked out seems to be the best plan. If there is something wrong, I hope it's only temporary. I'd suggest stopping taking any illegal and un-prescribed drugs, they will only make it worse; I'm not saying that you do, but if you do, stop.

Well, I had the ability to move the appointment up to yesterday, and got simultaneously some good and bad news.

Apparently, I'm pretty seriously godsdamned sleep deprived. By about 3 weeks worth, in total. (Not that I've stayed up for 3 weeks, but that I have't slept enough in that time) I've been trying to get my schedule back to something that isn't "wake up at noon" and apparently, that isn't a good idea for me. I lol'd, pretty hard.

The good news is, there is a simple fix. Lower my bi-polar med dosage and get more sleep.

A doctors note for sleeping, were I working currently, would be the best thing, ever. So yes, not (completely) crazy, but still a little. Nothing that can't be controlled.

Maybe it would help the situation to panic? The guy has a medical problem, I don't see why it's any different to someone posting about a broken leg or a heart complication...? Why should an issue with the brain get a different reaction? It's a problem of the body, just like any other medical problem, and I hope it gets rectified.

No you are right, I was just bemused by the posting hence the weird stream of nonsense that followed.

Sorry if it sounded like I was being an arse but imagine me at work going 'Hmm, stress, people running around trying to do stuff while, literally, dressed as Faeries, will take a quick work break and post something I was going to say on the thumbs... What is this? Someone thinks that they might be losing it, shit, what was I going to write?... Seems to be taking it in his stride, not sure I would... What? The tester is doing what? Slam the keys on the keyboard for a bit and then go and punch some QA guys in the head'

So yeah, glad everything resolved itself Orvidos. Sleep deprivation does some pretty weird things to your head unless you are a teenager experimenting with alternate forms of highs I don't recommend it.

Also, Patters, not sure if that was aimed at me or Thunder peel so I am going to asssume it was at me. Yes I have dealt with people with mental illness, and I did not mean to sound facetious.

So yeah, glad everything resolved itself Orvidos. Sleep deprivation does some pretty weird things to your head unless you are a teenager experimenting with alternate forms of highs I don't recommend it.

Oddly enough, despite how weird I am, I've never done anything non-prescribed/advil.

That said, DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS. We are all on them.

This Back To The 90s moment brought to you by a slight sugar high, on account of Orvidos' donuts having too much of it.

(Edit: Come to think of that, was that song even as early as the 90s? Hnh.)

(Edit Numero Dos: Nope. 2005. Now I feel even older.)

No you are right, I was just bemused by the posting hence the weird stream of nonsense that followed.

Sorry if it sounded like I was being an arse but imagine me at work going 'Hmm, stress, people running around trying to do stuff while, literally, dressed as Faeries, will take a quick work break and post something I was going to say on the thumbs... What is this? Someone thinks that they might be losing it, shit, what was I going to write?... Seems to be taking it in his stride, not sure I would... What? The tester is doing what? Slam the keys on the keyboard for a bit and then go and punch some QA guys in the head'

Also, Patters, not sure if that was aimed at me or Thunder peel so I am going to asssume it was at me. Yes I have dealt with people with mental illness, and I did not mean to sound facetious.

No worries, sir. I've definitely posted worse things in that "quick break" in work... It doesn't always give time to fully put across what you actually think.

Orvidos, glad to hear that talking better care of yourself will help the situation :tup:

Talking about sleeping, I should propably sleep more. I've slept for the last eight years about five to six hours every night.

Isn't the normal time of sleep usually over eight hours?

I'm propably using my body/mind wrong anyway so I'll be in a coffin before I'm 50. :tmeh:

Edited by Kolzig

(A lot of sleep science seems to be "science". Or at least, it's yet another part of academic and commercial research that is besieged by PRs and journos waiting or willing to blow anything out of proportion).

Last I heard was 7 hours. It seems to vary for everyone; one of my housemates seems to get by fine on five every night. If you're waking and feel fine, then you're probably okay, but if everything seems frayed and you're tired all the time, maybe you need more.

Still, you should wrap your bed in magnets and aluminium foil just to be sure earth radiation doesn't interfere with your sleep waves.

Also, if you dilute the water first, you'll only need a little bit of it.

Am I the only one that has this weird thing, that longer I sleep, more tired am I for that day? Also I seem to get well with around 4-5(sometimes 3) hours of sleep. Also Sleepdance!

If I sleep over eight hours, I'm totally way too tired the whole day and the whole morning feels like I'm half sleeping all the time.

If I sleep even more the condition just gets worse.

That is why I think my body has propably adjusted to being enough to sleep five to seven hours instead of over eight hours.

Yes, I read somewhere a while ago that it is just a myth that people need on average 8 (or 7) hours of sleep each night. Basically, if you are doing fine with just 5 hours of sleep it's fine.

If you sleep submerged in water, it becomes homeopathic sleep and you need a lot less of it.
Also, if you dilute the water first, you'll only need a little bit of it.

Yes, this is very solid thinking and good advice. I rate this tip 4½ energy healing crystals out of 5. Well done, this sparkles with me greatly.

energyhealingcrystal.pngenergyhealingcrystal.pngenergyhealingcrystal.pngenergyhealingcrystal.pngenergyhealingcrystahalf.png