ysbreker

Movie/TV recommendations

You caught me. I was just trying to get everyone on here to go watch this new series where people's farts are recorded and played back in slow motion to a Clint Mansell soundtrack. (Now that I think about it I would totally watch that. I think I'm broken.)

Never change Zeus

But seriously, watch Moving Art. It's fantastic.

Also, Beverly Hills Ninja is the Citizen Kane of movies.  :getmecoat

Not being a superhero comic fan I do not know which of those is Quicksilver.

'course, that also means they all look like dorks to me, so perhaps that's ok?

Quicksilver's number 8.  In the comics, he's the son of Magneto and his mutant power is super speed (hence the cover image).

Been re-watching Life on Mars. It feels like one of those drama's which is going to age incredibly well, you could broadcast it this week and it would still work really nicely, as they keep the (lack of) technology references to a minimum after the first few episodes.

My main problem is the hair.

Edit:Wait is that the kid from American Horror Story? I accidentally zoomed in on my phone and suddenly saw a resemblance, though I could be totally wrong.

My main problem is the hair.

Edit:Wait is that the kid from American Horror Story? I accidentally zoomed in on my phone and suddenly saw a resemblance, though I could be totally wrong.

Huh, I actually thought it was Paul Dano.. I was wrong!

EDIT: It is Evan Peters, from American Horror Story.

Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem

In classic Gilliam style this film still has no distributor.. :(

Huh, I actually thought it was Paul Dano.. I was wrong!

EDIT: It is Evan Peters, from American Horror Story.

Paul Dano would have made me so excited, I love him. I also think Tom Felton would have been a good Quicksilver since he has the lanky build of a runner plus he already has the hair.

A reminder that Holy Motors is goddamn incredible and probably my favourite movie since it's been out, which google tells me is 2012?

Watched 13 Assassins last night. Serious business

Also last week we watched Broadchurch :tup: :tup: :tup: seriously recommend it. It was so good in fact that we decided to not go too the cinema to watch wolf of wallstreet and instead stay in a watch the final three episodes.

I think I've reached the point where I'm going to cancel my television service and go full streaming. Between Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu Plus I've noticed I pretty much only ever watch stuff via my Roku nowadays and never really watch stuff from Dish Network which is costing me around $100 a month.

I haven't watched satellite or cable since something like 2007. You'll never regret it.

My TV hasn't been plugged in for three years and before that I didn't own a TV.

So you bought a tv and never even plugged it in? Can I have it?

Yea, I cancelled my TV subscription about 5-7 years ago and I don't miss it at all. When I watch TV when I'm at someone else's place, it's a reminder of why I don't watch TV anymore. When you're used to being able to watch shows in your own time at your own pace, it's hard to go back.