Ben X

Back to the Future

Now I'm happy I caved in and pre-ordered it a few weeks ago. :tup:

That's one awesome trailer.

Christopher Lloyd sounds great! I was a bit worried before, but that video has allayed my fears.

New fears in the hopper:

They've mimicked Fox's facial nuances (like in the final shot of the trailer) so closely that it'll bug me when I play it/watch the films again.

The dialogue/plot won't be as good as the films'. (Admittedly, this is a tall order, seeing as the TTG guys don't have years to hone the script.)

Secret dreams:

MJF sees the game and decides he wants to do the voice afterall (and is able to).

In all: Awesome trailer. This looks like the game I've wanted to play since 1985! :tup:

Sweet trailer! Now I'm expecting it to be criticized for not showing long clips of game play. It's a game trailer, after all.

I think in the full GameTrailers.tv episode there is some straight gameplay capture. Not sure, though! It's amazing how little I know about this game.

I think in the full GameTrailers.tv episode there is some straight gameplay capture. Not sure, though!

Yes, there were definitely glimpses of actual gameplay there.

It's amazing how little I know about this game.

So, will you be directing?

Are you allowed to say what you're working on now, Jake? I mean, I guess it's the Jurassic Park game, but I'm just curious.

Anyone know if the TT version will activate on steam like Poker Night did (I think?)? Also, is there any Jake/Sean involvement in this series?

Are you allowed to say what you're working on now, Jake? I mean, I guess it's the Jurassic Park game, but I'm just curious.

I hope this means the arm has a cameo.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7AmPQD2Hz4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npbz3ZER0UU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Grrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaaaaattttttt sttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuffffffffffffff...

I'm actually doing a little UI work on Back to the Future, but most of it was done by the guy who did the UI in BioShock 2. I'm cleaning up some last minute stuff. Then I'm on to who knows what. But I've been heads down on Poker Night, Puzzle Agent, and Sam & Max 305 the whole time people have been working on the Universal games.

Telltale will be pleased to hear I've taken them up on the offer to receive BttF ep1 for free. I know, I know.

Huge shame that Tom Wilson is not voicing Tannen characters... I wonder what is the reason to that?

Also the concept art looks horrible for Biff Tannen. There's just something wrong with that face.

EDIT: This is funny

And here are some comments from the man himself:

McSuperfly101

2 weeks ago 9

I love this song, are you involved in any way with this new Back to the Future Video game that’s coming out soon?

@McSuperfly101 No, not in any way. Clearly, they’re shooting for an inferior product.

TomWilsonUSA 2 weeks ago 30

@TomWilsonUSA I no you don’t want to be involved in any BTTF products Tom but have they at least contacted you about the Video game just out of respect for your role in the movies?

burningphoneix 2 weeks ago

@burningphoneix Again, no.

TomWilsonUSA

This was written by a guy in RPS comments:

In a nutshell, Kid Beyond is doing Biff voice and there is confusion over why Tom Wilson did not get the offer since Telltale talked to his representatives. BTTF forum people are still hoping for Telltale to try to contact Tom Wilson again and scrap Kid Beyond.

Edited by Kolzig

Yeah, in-game footage of the young Doc (including voice). It's on IGN too I believe.

This is true:

This was written by a guy in RPS comments:

and there is confusion over why Tom Wilson did not get the offer since Telltale talked to his representatives.

People from TTG talked to Tom Wilson's agent(s), and were told that he is not interested in doing BTTF related work. I don't know anything beyond that, but saying that we didn't try is false, since people did try and were shut down immediately.

That's really weird, especially considering his attitude on YouTube (I assume that's deffo him) and the fact that he did the BTTF cartoon and ride. It's not like this is a cheap cash-in, it's been endorsed to different extents by Gale, Lloyd and Fox.

I went back a couple of months and I didn't see those tweets in his history... Did he remove them or something?

It is weird that managers have so much power, to make decisions on what you are and are not going to do. It's not like he was being asked to perform as Biff at some rich kid's birthday party or whatever.

Boo Tom Wilson, BOOO!

I went back a couple of months and I didn't see those tweets in his history... Did he remove them or something?

The comments Kolzig pulled are not Twitter comments, but YouTube comments. They are indeed from Tom Wilson's YouTube account.