Ben X

Back to the Future

What glass house bug?

The only bug I encountered was with the

hat already being

on the cactus.

But other than that, no bugs.

The glass house bug that you can't interact with anything when you go in there. Can't exit and can't go further in the story.

I downloaded the updated installer exe and it worked and I completed it earlier today.

I think it all depends on which order you do the first tasks, before the patch was out people claimed that doing the glass house worked.

Hey I just picked this up thanks to the Steam sale and blasted through them, they're great! Of course you need to be a Back to the Future fan to really get much enjoyment but it had all the things that makes BttF great. I wasn't much of a fan of the very end however, probably because I never liked the

future

setting in BttF to begin with, and it felt to cheesy (I loved Doc's

present

however, completely justified Doc being in the 30s).

Also, it had the "To be continued" at the end and if Telltale makes another set of episodes I will buy 5 copies.

Aargh. Started over from the first episode. And got stuck. Some bug prevented a certain animation from playing and I couldn't choose an action due to that.* So I quit the game, thought maybe it would reset something. Only after quitting did I realize there's no autosave at all :(

I guess I'll start from the second episode then.

* nevermind, I should have tried something else. Still wtf doesn't it autosave?

* nevermind, I should have tried something else. Still wtf doesn't it autosave?

Hmm... The first episode doesn't have any kind of save/load menu options whatsoever.

Completed the second episode. Liked it much better than the first one. Third one is going to fun too, from what the "coming next" thing showed.

Played through the whole season now. Much better to play the episodes in one sequence. Quite liked it. The 2nd and last were my favourites. The second because I liked the speakeasy as a location and the puzzles there and the last one because it resolved the story quite nicely and managed to surprise as well.

I read through the rest of the thread now...

I didn't see any paradoxes that were really incoherent or otherwise dumb time travelling issues. When thinking about time traveling paradoxes you must remember that time traveling isn't real and paradoxes are paradoxical.

The only thing that made me scratch my head at one point was Einie

who suddenly seemed almost immortal, but then I realized it wasn't actually the same dog.

About the quality issues, I kind of agree. I had great fun with this season, but it does seem the quality has gone down. There are numerous bugs with installers and launchers, and the camera angles and movement did not make controlling Marty with either the mouse or keyboard easy. Frankly, I'm getting kind of tired of TellTale games. If they put out more Sam & Max, Monkey Island or BTTF, I'll probably still buy, but I think they should move to a new engine or something, maybe with 3rd person action game like controls, or why not even try to make 1st person 3D adventures. I haven't been following Jurassic Park development, is that going to be very different in how it controls?

Just got yesterday my season package in the mail. Shame that the Hill Valley Historical Society bonus isn't more like a real book, but still looks nice. Interesting that the George McFly pic from the iPad versions was used in the book, but still not patched in to the PC version games apparently?

How does the pc version of this game not recognize a 360 controller? Did anyone get this to work?

I wasn't excited for this when it came out, but I got this game in a steam sale a while back and was trying to play yesterday after finishing WD1... Is this for real? They won't let me click on a place to walk there, and they don't acknowledge the standard controller for a pc either? I don't think I can get through this...

Telltale Games games haven't been point and click for a long time now. Also: standard controller is the mouse and keyboard. Just saying. :P

Telltale games stopped being point and click because they were moving to a controller format. To not use point and click AND not let you control the game with a controller is so dumb.

This is probably lame, but I think BTTF recognizes only the wired 360 controller, and only on PC. Pretty much the opposite of cool, but it SHOULD work. I've played it on PC with a 360 gamepad, but it was in the dev tools...

You fixed that in Walking Dead, though, right? Right??

¬_¬

Walking dead has a really nice controller implementation... it does a nice thing that I've only ever seen in a few games, where if you push a button on the controller, the prompts switch to controller, and then if you wiggle the mouse the switch to pc. I think Arkham Asylum is the only other time I've seen this.

BttF would acknowledge the controller and the buttons did most of the things, but like every 2 minutes some extra interaction would require a mouse or a keyboard so playing at the desk is awkward, and from the couch is impossible. I am using a wireless controller though, does anyone know if it works better with wired? I found out at the end of Mass Effect 2 that it had the same weird distinction between wired and wireless.

Speaking of controller weirdness in Telltale games, I had a weird thing in one episode of S&M ssn 3 that all the button prompts turned into PS3 buttons. Do Telltale PC games actually recognize a PS3 controller?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions :( It's insane that you were seeing PS3 prompts! I don't think we support anything but the 360 controller. Sam & Max Season 3 might have supported Logitech gamepads but I can't recall.

Bummer to hear BTTF is crapping out on you on the gamepad front. That's very weird considering there was an Xbox port. (Or, I thought there was?)

Subbes: Pretty sure both wireless and wired are officially supported on WD, but it's not really my department :( I only own wired controllers so that's all I've personally used.

I don't know the answers to any of these questions :(

Every time I say to myself: "Mike, you used to be a cool PC gamer circa 2000. Now you're a lowly console player who only plays ports of PC games anyway so why don't you build another gaming rig?" I read something like this and it scares me away.

Oh Subbes, I meant to say in that post but failed--- yes the wireless 360 controller works fine for Walking Dead.

Mike---It's so so much better than it was in 2000. The standardization of the 360 controller made using one on a PC so much nicer these days. [Or way worse if you're one of those who's still mad not to be able to click-to-walk in modern telltale games.] Plus steam exists now? Things are pretty sweet.

The lack of tomato smiley in this new forum makes Jake sound much more depressed and sad than he used to.

I am finally playing this game for the first time via the iPad.  I just finished the third episode.

I'm surprised at how well the game is able to capture the Back to the Future spirit, not just in the references to the films, but how there are still opportunities for action/adventure scenarios.  Marty has fought Tannens and their goons more times than I would have expected!

Some of the adventure game logic bursts out of nowhere sometimes, though.  Marty starts messing with statues and things before I even know what they fully look like.