Ben X

Back to the Future

Just finished this. Wow! Fantastic! Double-plus-good! Possibly the best use of the episodic format to date - the episode was a great payoff for the rather extended setup in episodes 1 and 2. Lots of direct movie references, too. I'm not sure where there is left to go in this series, but I hope they can keep up this momentum.

:tup::tup:

I wanted to play the game, but today it's been giving me a blank screen at the startup, what gives?

I can't select the episodes and there is no play button available? Why the hell can't I play a game if Telltale's server is down? I thought these games work offline also. This is one of the reasons I hate "stay connected and play" services.

EDIT: Now it seems working, but earlier it wasn't and telltalegames.com was not working either. Weird, I think BttF is the first Telltale game that doesn't seem to allow offline gaming.

Edited by Kolzig

Just finished it. Best episode so far. It had a slow start though.

But... dot dot dot ...

I think I rather have bttf in a non-interactive version. I'm not exactly sure why. But somehow these episodes seem off from the experience the movies gave me.

Anywho. This episode is truly the citizen Brown of games.

ps, I don't know what, but those few piano notes in the intro (and various parts of bttf) are very special to me. And I'm absolutely sure they were also in some parts of Fallout: New Vegas.

Oh man! I just finished the third episode and it is clearly the best so far!

Less mistakes, more polish and a great story! Can't wait to get more this, funny that this time they just said next part "coming soon" instead of just giving the month and year etc.

The voices are geat and Claudia Wells was a really nice addition to the cast! Hopefully we will get to see her as the normal Jennifer also in the last episodes.

Though I have some issues with how Doc disappeared at the end of ep 2 and still is missing as in the second movie Doc did not disappear when they went to a different future than where they were from originally.

Also I'm slightly lost, but is the real Einstein still stuck in the 30's? Did Marty and Doc just forget to take Einie with them at the end of ep2?

Edited by Kolzig

I'm kinda angry at Telltale now... somehow I never got the email that told me the new episode is out and... I can't get it to work!

I contacted support, they claim it will take 14 hours or less to contact me, they took a week and just old me to try it in admin mode, which didn't work....

It's been three days and they still haven't contacted me again.:tdown:

They actually have preview images in the game launcher folder, it looks like the next episode will feature young Brown, which makes sense, let's hope they actually bother to fix my issue by the time it's out!

.....GIMME MAH TELLTALE FIX! :(

Have you tried re-installing Episode 1? It makes no sense, but I got Episodes 2 and 3 to work only by uninstalling and re-installing Episode 1, and then running them from the Episode 1 launcher.

I'm kinda angry at Telltale now... somehow I never got the email that told me the new episode is out and... I can't get it to work!

I contacted support, they claim it will take 14 hours or less to contact me, they took a week and just old me to try it in admin mode, which didn't work....

It's been three days and they still haven't contacted me again.:tdown:

They actually have preview images in the game launcher folder, it looks like the next episode will feature young Brown, which makes sense, let's hope they actually bother to fix my issue by the time it's out!

.....GIMME MAH TELLTALE FIX! :(

Have you tried re-installing Episode 1? It makes no sense, but I got Episodes 2 and 3 to work only by uninstalling and re-installing Episode 1, and then running them from the Episode 1 launcher.

Wow, that worked! Thanks! :tup:

Double Visions, Ep 4 is coming out this week. I was almost expecting it to come today as the previous ones came also on Wednesday if I remember correctly?

Double Visions, Ep 4 is coming out this week. I was almost expecting it to come today as the previous ones came also on Wednesday if I remember correctly?

already?

guess I'll have to wait a couple of days to play it

At least I read some news posts that it would be released this week. I wouldn't mind if it came next week or even later as I'm really busy right now and don't really have time to play it.

I've beaten the latest chapter and all I can say is that finale is looking like it will be awesome!

I'm hoping to start Double Visions tomorrow, didn't have any time during the weekend except I installed the game on friday.

Finished the fourth episode. Wasn't as good as the previous Citizen Kane Brown episode, but still better than for example the first one which was pretty mediocre.

The length of the episode is about the same as the other episodes.

I am continously amazed how good imitator AJ LoCascio is. Really nice performance in each episode.

The series seems to spend a lot of time in the 30's. I'm still wondering where in the world is Einstein right now? Also why are in the 30's two statues of Einstein at the clock tower? I really need to check up the movies that are those always there. I hope to see in the fifth episode a normal 80's Jennifer, I know we saw her in the prom pic that Marty had, but I'd like to see her animated.

The DeLorean looks really weird because I noticed that the wheels are not moving when the car moves. At least not at the school when Doc arrives. Really weird. I didn't notice this before in the earlier episodes so I'm not sure is it only in this one or in all of these.

I can't wait to see what happens in the final episode, even though from the end teaser I already got really curious ideas about it!

Edited by Kolzig

Have we talked about

how on Earth is it even possible that the Delorean still exists? Does that create a huge paradox?

I think that was somehow explained in the first episode, right?

It came from an alternate timeline, didn't it? But doesn't that make things more complex? How come somethings can exist in another timeline and others can't? Martin just broke up Doc Brown and the crazy cat lady, so how come the other Doc Brown can still exist? Also because of the alternate timeline? It seems flimsy to me that whether sometime can cause a world ending paradox or an alternate timeline is entirely up to the plot.

Although it doesn't really bother me that much, it is mildly annoying.:blink:

You got a point there,

as I still don't get actually that why the original doc disappeared at the end of episode 2 when Marty went to the Citizen Brown 80's timeline, especially now that the Citizen Doc Brown is still hanging around at the end of ep 4.

Maybe the fifth episode will just end up in a explosion and the world ends because of too many paradoxes?

Re: the DeLorean:

In the BttF Part 2, Marty and Doc created an alternate timeline in which the time machine had never been invented, and yet they were still able to use it to travel back in time to correct the error. So there is precedent for this.

Re: Einstein:

The statues are new - I only noticed them in Episodes 3 and 4, so I believe they are a consequence of the events of timeline changes that occurred in Episode 2.

Overall, while I appreciate the character arc they are setting up for Doc, most of Episode 4, like Episode 2, felt like filler.

Today's the day of the grand finale. Shame it's not out yet at the time of writing this. I'm in an adventure game rush mode right now and going through Telltale games today.

EDIT: I guess they are uploading it at the moment as the whole Telltale pages went down again. Funny that I can't play Sam&Max 1x02 at all because it "doesn't let me login". I should just install it from the dvd I guess.

Edited by Kolzig

I love the game stopping bug in the Glass House.

Restarting the game is supposed to help to get the highlighted item to appear correctly but I really don't want to start the game from the beginning.

How is a bug like this even possible to slip through the finished game?

I get the feeling that the game is much more shiny in the last one, like Telltale has done some upgrades to the engine, am I right or wrong about this?

Other weird bug happened when

Parker ran after Edna, I checked some item in the police booth and Parker's voice started explaining about it and the character wasn't even there so the camera was showing an empty spot where Parker was previously standing.

EDIT: Ahah, apparently there is already a patched version available, I have to download that, hopefully the saves still work in the new version.

I got the same damn bug, don't worry, it works even if you saved at the glass house.

Although it is strange that TT would let such a huge bug pass by?

Although it is strange that TT would let such a huge bug pass by?

I'm not sure "strange" is the word. Their QA is pathetic. *stops himself from ranting*

Sigh. :hmph: