MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

I finally got it today, at ebgames the only place near me that has it (nearby gamestop isn't even scheduled to get it at all, bestbuy and circuitcity are just a waste of time). So I finally get it it in my hands and then have to stand in a line of three people who are all trading in massive amounts of games :hmph:.

And then this -gravely obese- guy comes up to me and starts chatting me up about psychonauts (can anyone ever go to one of these stores and not have a run in with people like this?). Two things that were really bizarre about this case: he looked at least twenty and had his geriatric mother in tow for some unkown reason, and he was gasping for breath the whole time. Afraid he might die right there of cardiovascular and/or respitory explosion I responded to his platitudes with offhand comments like "Uh, Grim Fandango", "yeah, adventure games", "I'm not sure how involved he was with Sam and Max" and so forth.

But I got to the cashier before it had a chance to embark into strange territory, and I have now logged 2 1/2 hours into the most excellent game psychonauts. It really is excellent, really funny so far. Especially that bacon bit.

That reminds me of a similar story when I bought Xbox Psychonauts at Gamestop last week. While I was waiting for the manager to find the cd of the game for what seemed like forever (why the hell did they FILE the cd away in the first place? I should have asked him, "Hey, do I get discount on opened merchandise, man?"), a female CTA* traffic coordinator came in, obviously on her lunch break or something. She plopped down a game cartridge (I think it was GBA) on the counter and asked how much she could get for it.

Well, I was looking at her and thought she must have heard you get good money for used games, although I was trying to get it out of my head that she may have 'borrowed' her kid's Gameboy cartridge that day. The clerk looked at the cartridge, went into the computer, and then told the lady, "Well, we'll give you 40 cents for it." The woman looked at him a few seconds, scooped up her kid's Gameboy cartridge, and walked out. I guess she wasn't able to buy her lunch that day.

*CTA: Chicago Transit Authority - our bus and subway service.

Oh, how the meat circus aggravates me. If this game wasn't so astoundingly enjoyable, I would have put it down long ago. But still. You miss one trapeze/knife on a wheel/slab of meat/whatever, and you're fucked.

I've been getting a positive pro-Psychonauts vibe from all the places I've gone to to preach the gospel of Tim.

On a related note, I want a seqel to this game even if it is a 2D platformer made in one drunken afternoon on some cheap middleware platform for small developers.

It arrived today, woooo!

The UPS guy brought it to my workplace at the post office.

The shirt looks *interesting*

I could feel the exciment already, there was electricity in the air when I first touched the gamebox.

Incredibly fast delivery time, shipped from Texas on 29th of April.

As I first opened the box and took out the paper sleeves that had the cd's, I was surprised, there were five cds inside, one was disc 1, one was disc 2, one was disc 3, then there was disc 5 and disc 2 again.

WTF?

How many cds is this game supposed to have, has Majesco fucked up? The install program asks for a fourth disc, THAT I DO NOT HAVE. :(:frusty:

:cens0red:

Why can't them people in the US use those god damn dvd's, none of this kind of shit would never happen with a dvd...

Mine came with one each of discs 1-5.

I'd really like to play this game now that is finally in my hands, seems to me that someone has just decided that that will never happen.

Should I email Majesco or something, whose fault is this anyway, Majesco or GameStop?

I would suggest going to the store you got it from, but you clearly got it by mail order. Try finding a general number for GameStop first, then try Majesco.

Would that be a customs charge rather than 'shipping'?

My package helpfully said it was a "book" with a value of $20 CDN, so I avoided all that kerfuffle.

Looking at the UPS invoice I see that it's 9.50 for some kind of tax, and 10.00 for imprest provision. I wonder what the hell I need to pay imprest provision for.

Anyway, this will be the last time I import a game. I had to pay 20 Euro for shipping, and 20 Euro to UPS for a game that costs only 30 Euro. That's 70 fucking Euro. :fart:

--Erwin

Try finding a general number for GameStop first, then try Majesco.

I'll contact them both, damn it's a painful journey to get to play this game. It'll better be worth the trouble, and I'm sure it is.

I would suggest going to the store you got it from...

Heh, it would be one crazy trip to travel from Vaasa, Finland to Grapevine, Texas to just get the Disc 4 of Psychonauts.

I just had to get some proof:

http://www.netikka.net/kolzig/IMG_0035.jpg

and also, "I ordered Psychonauts and all I got was this t-shirt" hehheh

http://www.netikka.net/kolzig/IMG_0038.jpg

My girlfriend wants a shirt that has Raz dancing in Milla's Dance Party and says "You Brave Little Disco Angel" on it. I wonder if we can convince Tim to make them?

But anyway, geez Kolzig, that totally blows. I would contact Majesco about it, since I don't think Gamestop can do much outside requesting that you mail the whole game back, then send you a brand new copy. If you send them a link to that picture and tell them they screwed up, I'm sure they'd just mail you the replacement CD....

Yeah GameStop already answered and told me to send the game back, which I don't like to do, because I end up losing more money on the shipping costs. I know they won't pay for the expenses, at least not all of it.

Holy buckets taht sucks man. I'd email Majesco and be like:

"Listen, fartknockers, you messed up and you should pay for the shipping -both- ways as well as replace my disc and send an entirely new copy back that's augoraphed by God himself."

On a similarily angry note, I'm going to stop at Gamestop on the way to school tonight and if they don't have my copy in (so help me God) I'll strange a summanabitch and proclaim "Majesco had it available since the 22nd, you tardwads don't air-ship your damn games! GAH!"

...though I'll leave soon after his body hits the floor. Don't want to get arrested.

I'd blame Majesco as well, they're the ones that put the cds in the box. They're probably the ones you should call. Unless at gamestop they were like...

Bob: "Wow, another psychonauts pre-order but wait, this is for kolzig"

Jim: "Kolzig? I hate that guy! Hey let's switch one of the cds in the box for one that he already has"

Bob: "That's a great idea, that'll show him that people that live in their parents basement are cooler than him"

You know that they probably did this.

I'm not even sure what email address is the correct one at the Majesco website. I sent a message to their sales address. Anyways they haven't answered yet.

And actually so haven't Gamestop, they promised to send me some details about this sending back thing.

EDIT: I checked Majesco's own forums and there are many others who have this same two Disc 2's and a missing Disc 4 problem.

EDIT: I checked Majesco's own forums and there are many others who have this same two Disc 2's and a missing Disc 4 problem.

WHY ARE PUBLISHERS RETARDED

I'm not even sure what email address is the correct one at the Majesco website. I sent a message to their sales address. Anyways they haven't answered yet.

And actually so haven't Gamestop, they promised to send me some details about this sending back thing.

Majesco has really screwed up the PC release of the game. From delayed shipments, to sending the wrong versions of discs, they really show immaturity in publishing a game. Is this the first PC game they publish?

I hate psychonauts at this moment. Here's why:

I HATE THE MEAT CIRCUS! ARGH! How on earth am I going to get past that god damn sword thrower?! He just keeps throwing too low... And when he does finally hit the board and I hang on to the sword Oly gets killed by the killer meatgrinder rabbits. AARGH! the entire game was fun and a breeze to play trough but this level in un-doable for me at this moment :/ Any tips?

I hate psychonauts at this moment. Here's why:

I HATE THE MEAT CIRCUS! ARGH! How on earth am I going to get past that god damn sword thrower?! He just keeps throwing too low... And when he does finally hit the board and I hang on to the sword Oly gets killed by the killer meatgrinder rabbits. AARGH! the entire game was fun and a breeze to play trough but this level in un-doable for me at this moment :/ Any tips?

Try using your shield

You'd think some people would have two disc fours. Are they definitely the same discs, and not just mislabeled?

I still haven't heard from Gamestop re why my damn game hasn't shipped!Hopefully it'll have disc 4 when it does.

Both disc 2's have the same content, I've checked.

EDIT:Hmmmmm, I experiencing strange communication from GameStop...

First there was this like 12 hours ago.

Dear Gamestop customer,

We will need to replace the entire game. We will be sending you

information as to how to send this back, but we do need to know if you

have a printer as we have two methods to send you the needed information[

And I replied them that I do have printer.

Then they replied about 5-6 hours ago.

Dear Gamestop customer,

We will be shipping a replacement s soon as possible. Thank you.

:erm: