MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

Gamestop is listing the status as "usually ships in 24 hours." Does that mean it's in stock finally?

Anyone else have a problem with the fact that two big game sites are anagrams of one another?

My pc copy is in transit somewhere between here and Cincinnati.

My PC copy is sitting behind the desk at my local EB Games as we speak.

Though they don't believe the pre-order cards came with the order (of course), I am above and beyond the point of caring at this point (despite seriously wanting them).

*looks at the clock* Hour and twenty five minutes until the library closes..... :bomb:

I hate that darn arrowhead finder thingy. What the heck is up that thing? Is there some trick that I'm missing, because I think I'll go crazy if I have to come up with 800 arrowheads the way it's currently going. :deranged:

You look at the colour of the thing. If it is purple, you're headed in the right direction, if it is blue, on the contrary. Listen to the pitch. The higher it gets, the closer you are. Occasionally tap the Y button. When the thing seems at its apex, furiously bash the Y button until the little bar graph fills up at witch point you will be richer.

So, when I'm right over one should it be purple or does it not matter? It must be that I'm never quite in the right spot. I mean, the controller is buzzing like crazy, but it just won't come. I think I've only successfully gotten five of the buggers so far.

When it is really buzzing, you just press the crapolla out of that Y button as fast as possible. When you're really close to the thing, it doesn't matter if the thing is purple or not. If you turn about when you're really close, if it is more purple in one direction than another, it is a safer bet to go in that direction, tho.

I've noticed that Raz looks down when he's able to interact with the arrowheads. Similar to how Manny interacts with objects in Grim Fandango. I wonder how they managed to copy that? Hmmmm...

I went into EB today and in the XBox section they had the PC versions on the shelf with a sign saying "Coming Soon" under them. I assume that you could've bought those PC versions and that the XBox versions were temporarily out, but I didn't bother to ask because I already have my copy of the Excellent Game Psychonauts and was only there to laugh at people who didn't have it. (Not really but I felt it was time to get the "hate" back into this thread.)

From Adventure Gamers Forums:

My hubby called Majesco and GameStop Headquarters and asked what the hell was up with this delay and the push-back day by day, and was told by the person he spoke to at Majesco, that the PC version of Psychonauts "shipped" on April 22nd (last Friday, as correctly stated in a post by the Majesco Board Admin on the Majesco boards) but that GameStop picks up its own games, meaning that Majesco do not ship the games TO them. Then when the GameStop trucks/vans picks up the games, they are all taken to the GameStop distribution center where they are THEN distributed to their stores throughout the country. So, it is in part the stores (GameStop, EB Games, etc.) fault that the game was so much delayed. Majesco has had the game ready since the 22nd. However, I still am not sure as to why the game first was ready on the 22nd and not the 19th.

Also, the person at Majesco said that realistically (us here in NY state), the game should be in on Monday, but could be as late as Wednesday! But fortunately the wait IS almost over... Well, IT BETTER BE OVER!!!

Now I just gotta figure out how to survive until then... I'm going psycho...

Hey, maybe it's not major news/info, but it's better than nothing, right?

Oh oh, almost forgot... the XBOX version was manufactured by Micro$oft btw, in case you don't know. Maybe that's why it was in stores on time???

'Tis out on PC where I'm at at EBGames, though Wal-Mart and Gamestop only seem to have the X-Box versions for the time being.

I've been playing it like a madman since I got it this afternoon. :woohoo: Milla's mind is one fun party. :woohoo:

my local eb games says that the PC version won't ship until May 5th.

This sucks.

I just had a call from customs saying that they have an UPS package for me from the US...

Could it be...?

Yes! It IS my Psychonauts copy! And they say I might have it on Monday, which would rock since it's a holiday and I would have all day to play!

(Crosses fingers)

Well my package arrived in the uk yesterday - and in Cologne, Germany today... Come on already - get it to denmark you suckers....

What the hell? So gamestop says my copy shipped yesterday, but that I'll recieve my copy on wednesday. I don't even know how that's possible if it's 3 day delivery. I mean, even if UPS completely shut down over the weekend, I should still get psychonauts by tuesday or something.

Well I'll be damned, they actually have shipped my order now. I can't believe this. I'M REALLY GOING TO GET TO PLAY PSYCHONAUTS!!! :woohoo:

I thought that would never happen. :blink:

If you're in the UK, there could be delays on our end. It's bank holiday Monday, and I'm not sure if postal services continue to operate on public holidays like that.

If you're in the UK, there could be delays on our end. It's bank holiday Monday, and I'm not sure if postal services continue to operate on public holidays like that.

No I live in the USA

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I went to EB yesterday and finally picked up my PC pre-order.

It's a holiday on Monday AND Tuesday in Spain and yet they said it would arrive one of those days.... :erm: