Twig

The Happy Thread

I learned about the early bus to work a few days ago. This means I leave work early, and I get to have an extra few hours a day with my wife, and I get to use my bus commute as waking up / messing on the internet time. This makes me very happy, if slightly sleepy.

As of today I have had a full week in my mood journal where every day is above a 5 (out of 10). This is the first time that's happened since I started keeping track a few months ago! As a bonus, if I include 5s, it's actually been 9 days :)

Bonus Round: I got a job offer for a job I've wanted! It's a small company about 10 minutes from where I live, great group of people (I met the whole staff), and I'm super excited. Also, my current job is intensely stressful and I'm glad to get out of that.

Wish I was making more money, but other than that, life is good.

I'm feeling more confident about myself and I've made a new friend too. We've been hanging out a good amount and we're going to a bar this weekend where they their shots are triples for the price of a shot. :D

Grats on new friends and new jobs and consistent good moods and getting off of work early(s)!

Went to trivia last night and took second place (the best our trivia team has done), now we've got a $50 gift certificate that will cover next weeks drinks for our team.  Pretty jazzed about that. 

Went to trivia last night and took second place (the best our trivia team has done), now we've got a $50 gift certificate that will cover next weeks drinks for our team.  Pretty jazzed about that. 

$50 for second place!? That's some generous bar trivia.

Didn't Jake Rodkin just make this thread? Where did that go?

Where all things go eventually, the wrong thread.

Didn't Jake Rodkin just make this thread? Where did that go?

Those were dark days. We're beyond hem, now. Let us not dwell on sad days. These are happy days!

Every Tuesday I would make my boyfriend round up his friends and we would go play pub trivia when we were still in Oklahoma, and I miss it all the time.

Saturday. What a day. Grooving all week with you.

I actually don't wanna fill this up with jokes (even if they were good) because reading a bunch of sincerely nice things in one place like this is such a pick-me-up. 

I got a new job some months ago, finally, after looking for something good for over a year, but then broke my foot playing volleyball, lost the new job due to me not being able to work, then the foot was made unbroken, I got the new job a second time and I like working there, and my new ace volleyball shoes safeguard my precious feet from ever going to pieces again.

Went to the pub with workmates tonight and yet again my boss talks about how great it is to have me working for him. I love this job.

Went to the pub with workmates tonight and yet again my boss talks about how great it is to have me working for him. I love this job.

It is such a great thing to be appreciated in your workplace.

I got my Annual Evaluation back yesterday and my manger said I exceeded expectations in almost every area. I also finally have interviews set up for a position on a different team I applied to weeks ago. There is light at the end of the boring job tunnel!

I had a nearly 2 hour phone conversation with an old friend last night, which was great.  He's been through some real shit over the last few years, and it had felt like he had gone into such a dark hole that my old friend was never going to come back out of it.  But he's got a new job in a new town and is going out hiking again, and it was good to talk with him, to hear him happy and planning for the future and to argue about politics and complain about the normal bullshit that life throws in your way in a week.  A bigger pick me up for my week than I could have imagined. 

Going to the beach today. One the way I'm going to pick up some cigs and coffee.

And tomorrow my best friend--the first friend I made when I moved to Cali--might be coming up to visit. Just the idea of him maybe visiting excites me. I love that man.

As of today I have had a full week in my mood journal where every day is above a 5 (out of 10). This is the first time that's happened since I started keeping track a few months ago! As a bonus, if I include 5s, it's actually been 9 days :)

Bonus Round: I got a job offer for a job I've wanted! It's a small company about 10 minutes from where I live, great group of people (I met the whole staff), and I'm super excited. Also, my current job is intensely stressful and I'm glad to get out of that.

If you don't mind me asking, was this something that a therapist recommended you do? My therapist has been recommending I write things down, but then I feel so silly doing it, so I don't.

These chairs we bought are really nice. It feels a bit mundane but a) it's our first non crappy furniture purchase B) we've been using crappy student 2nd hands to sit in for years c) they feel really good :3

About six months ago I was graduating from university and freaking out about not being able to get a job. I ended up actually getting the job, on a three month contract. Three months later, they said I was doing great and offered me another three month contract. Three months later, we're in the present and I've been offered a permanent position, which means a pay rise and benefits. Most importantly, being permanent means I can convince a rental agency to let me rent a flat instead of having to live with my Mum. I am so excited about being completely independent for the first time in my life.

About six months ago I was graduating from university and freaking out about not being able to get a job. I ended up actually getting the job, on a three month contract. Three months later, they said I was doing great and offered me another three month contract. Three months later, we're in the present and I've been offered a permanent position, which means a pay rise and benefits. Most importantly, being permanent means I can convince a rental agency to let me rent a flat instead of having to live with my Mum. I am so excited about being completely independent for the first time in my life.