Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Powerball Fantasies

Free range cat sanctuary.

Are you a trap-and-neuter/spay-and-return kinda guy?

student loan debt & go back to school for a Computer Science Masters

have the heat turned up as high as i want & move to a cozy 2 bedroom house/apartment.

create/endow a series of scholarships for my high school & college for low income and/or students of Color.

Travel a lot.

College funds for my cousins. Paying off my sister's med school debt. Making sure my dad and grandparents have no debts and a good quality of life.

Uh... a vacation finally?

student loan debt & go back to school for a Computer Science Masters

have the heat turned up as high as i want & move to a cozy 2 bedroom house/apartment.

create/endow a series of scholarships for my high school & college for low income and/or students of Color.

Travel a lot.

Are you me?

• Pay student loans off and fund my dissertation work.
  • Move into a decent apartment that I can actually afford to heat and cool.
  • Buy a car from this century and keep it in good repair.
  • Create and endow a series of dissertation fellowships for low-income ABD students.
  • Eat and travel well.

• Buy the full run of the Monogatari Series anime on blu-ray.

Once I have the Powerball in my possession I could finally absorb its full power.

Then I'd crush those meddling kids and the whole world will be MINE.

EYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Also I was thinking about getting a PSTV.

the big twist is that i've been Gormongous the whole time.

The second twist is we all knew and let you live the lie unaware.

My fantasies of becoming rich usually end up with me helping out my parents find a new house or fixing up their old one.

Not sure what I'd do for me though.

Fund the local (quite highly regarded) aquarium

Buy a membership to the weird expensive business club that has a lounge on the top floor of a skyscraper where my favorite bartender moved to.

Buy a house close enough to Seattle to be able to commute down there in less (hopefully much less) than an hour, but not so close as to be traffic-ed all to hell

Fund the top tiers on Kickstarters (that's a really good one SAM)

Have a good lawyer on retainer that I can send to fight stupid patent troll, intellectual property, or terms of use cases, refuse to settle, and find out how some of these grey areas shake out.

Spend a bunch of time under the hood of my 86 Toyota pickup and referbish it to brand-new quality. According to the state of Washington, it's a classic car now.

Buy an electric car since I'd actually have a place to plug it in.

Edit: Man, I have so many silly ideas.

I'd buy a small games journalism outfit and see what they can do when given a (somewhat reasonable) endless budget and no worries that some advertiser is going to pull out and make the boss angry.

If I won, I would get the fuck off the internet post haste, hire an accountant and then leave the country for a while in order to escape the press. I would set up trusts for my parents for medical expensives or pay off their mortgages for them. I'd give my sister money. I'd pay my friend's rents or medical bills. I'd pay off my boyfriend's taxes. 

Then? 

I'd do whatever the fuck I wanted. I'd buy some nice real estate somewhere and just spend the rest of my days travelling, studying photography and art, maybe taking classes. I'd learn all the shit I don't have time for like mixology or pottery or whatever. 

250px-Powerball_Coverart.png

Fund a remake of this.

Also, for reals, take a vacation.  A real vacation, where I don't have to check my email, or work, or take calls or any of that bullshit.  Like, just vacate. 

Retire immediately.

Pay off all my debt.

Make a few big-ish purchases like a new house and an island in international waters.

Do some noble things.

Invest the remaining money and decide on a somewhat frugal standard of living that I would adhere to for the rest of my life, giving me and those close to me the money we need to pursue our life dreams while still living like normal human beings that aren't completely out of touch with reality.

Weirdly enough, the lady and I would professionally throw ourselves into a new business, probably within 6 months after taking some time off and doing some planning.  We can't really imagine not working, we'd just rather be doing something else. 

Yeah, I think I'd finally take a shot at programming a real game, and then have it die in obscurity, but at least I'd have done it.

Then maybe do some contract work to keep occupied while still being able to just not take another job for a while if I wanted to travel or something.

Well, I'm not in the US and I don't even know exactly what the powerball is, but I guess that's not the exact point of this thread so:

1) I would probably quit my job and start working on my own projects, maybe even games?

2) I would buy an apartment at a better location, with a sauna and balcony

3) I would give some money to my parents and sister, and grandmother, and tegan

4) I would get a 4K projector in the new apartment, and decorate a dedicated cinema room

5) I would get all the VR tech and maybe some other cool tech stuff

6) I would invest some money somewhere, make sure I can live comfortably for a while

7) I would donate some to charities

8) I'd get a car, maybe Tesla

I would set up trusts for my parents for medical expensives or pay off their mortgages for them. I'd give my sister money. I'd pay my friend's rents or medical bills. I'd pay off my boyfriend's taxes. 

I don't really understand what a trust is. How does it work?

I'd learn all the shit I don't have time for like mixology or pottery or whatever. 

If you ever decide to learn about pottery and you get confused about what equipment you need and stuff, I can help. If you do Cone 6, we can exchange glaze recipes.

Weirdly enough, the lady and I would professionally throw ourselves into a new business, probably within 6 months after taking some time off and doing some planning.  We can't really imagine not working, we'd just rather be doing something else. 

What business might you go into? Something less profitable?

How much do you think a hug from a cute dude celebrity costs? How money would I be able to afford?

Which one?