Sign in to follow this  
Spenny

Announcement: Submission Deadline Extension

Looking through the threads here it looks like a lot of people would benefit from a little extra time to polish and finish up their games, so we've extended the deadline to Sunday at 11:59:59 pm EST, basically giving you an extra weekend to work. This is absolutely the only extension that will be made.

Hopefully this gives everyone already making a game to bring their game closer to their vision, and maybe even gives a chance for some late comers to make a game as well.

Happy jamming!  :)

Sweet! I'm working on Saturday (Booo) but should be able to get some stuff done on Sunday (yay).

I will be ruined with finals week regardless, so I'm still out :c 

I'm definitely gonna finish after school's over. It'll just be like, hella late, lol

Oh snap! I had given up on actual completion. Now I must finish!!

Btw, is there any judging or End of Games event for this? Can the Podcasters play them on a live stream?! That would be so amazing/worth it!

Btw, is there any judging or End of Games event for this?

There is currently no judging, the thought being it would discourage newbies from participating, and make those who submit games feel punished when they aren't judged well, which seems contrary to ~~~game jam spirit~~~. If people want judging, and someone can think of a way where judging is rewarding for everyone I'd have no problem adding it to the itchio, but, I feel that's a pretty tall order.

I think it'd be fun to write about the jam games we play, as a friendly peer review or commentary, so we can get some feedback without the pressure.

I guess that's not too different from commenting on each thread though, but I'll definitely try to write some blog post/s about my faves or the ones I found interesting for whatever reason.

Perhaps there could be a post-mortem thread, for devs to chronicle the experience, and an opinions/impressions one, for us to comment on the games, perhaps linking to blog posts if opinions too long, tagging the mentioned games/people.

Very cool! This extension definitely help. This is my first game jam, so I have an etiquette question:

A couple people made awesome audio for my Wizard Jam submission and I would eventually like to wrap their contributions in a good game. I will submit what I've finished on Sunday, then what is the most appropriate way for me to post a polished piece later on?

Oh, whew. I definitely came down with an illness this weekend that put me out of commission. THIS IS REALLY APPRECIATED, THX

A couple people made awesome audio for my Wizard Jam submission and I would eventually like to wrap their contributions in a good game. I will submit what I've finished on Sunday, then what is the most appropriate way for me to post a polished piece later on?

When you submit a game to a jam on itchio, the jam page link's to your game's page. If you update the version on the game page, the jam page will to point to the same page but with the updated version. As for posting around here, we'll have to figure that out.

Great news! I came in late and was unable to work on this for the past 4 days. I was gonna take it as far as I could tomorrow, but this way it might not be entirely crap xD. Thanks!

I missed the deadline too although I had mine uploaded and just assumed it was submitted.

But since it sucks it's for the best and now no one gets to see it!!!

If people had trouble getting their game submitted to the jam page either me or Dinosaursssss should be able to add it. I'm just about to go to bed, so I'll make it happen tomorrow for you SouperMatty.

If people had trouble getting their game submitted to the jam page either me or Dinosaursssss should be able to add it. I'm just about to go to bed, so I'll make it happen tomorrow for you SouperMatty.

Thanks a million Spenny, that'd be great.

My game is awful and unfinished but I'd still enjoy seeing it up there! It's my first go at a 'public' game and first real look at Unity. Just a *touch* disappointing to be pipped at the post by a slow upload pipe... It's been emotional :)

Cheers to you, Dinosaursssssss and the rest for organising the event & congrats to all the participants.

In meantime, I'll add the OSX and Linux builds - only Windows there right now.

Missed the itch.io as well. Spenny can I get in on this late entry adding?

I need you to make your game an itchio first.

I feel stupid asking this question.

I see most people changing "dev log" in their topic titles to "release" but I can't figure out how to do it on my own post. Can anyone give me a tip?

Edit your original post, and then go to the 'Full Editor'!

Sign in to follow this