Gita's in Chicago.

It's going to be really important who they hire.  They cannot afford another Dan hiring, especially when you consider the seat that's needing to be filled here.

I got on board the GB train when Austin started and so I'll probably drop it now, depending on that next hire...

Vice is sorta owned by Disney which just pleases the cynical part of my heart to no end.

How could you possibly want to drop Video Game Dadcast?!

I'll be curious to see who they hire next. It seems like the obvious candidates (Cara Ellison, Danielle Riendeau, whose name I misspelled so badly that even Google had no idea who I was talking about) are all taken but I really hope they don't hire another Dan as the last thing they need is more straight white cis dudes at Giant Bomb. Maybe they'll just higher all of kotaku just to get Patrick back.

You spelled my name just fine, my friend :) (I can only imagine the Reindeer horrors that googling it subjected you to, though) :)

Hah, wow, yeah... What if they just get Patrick back now that his current employer goes under just as Austin leaves?

Like pretty much everyone else, I'm nervous about the new hire but damn am I excited for Austin's new site. His guest feature project makes it clear that he'll really nail it in terms of building a team with a variety of perspectives.  

So what the hell did they just announce at the end of UPF this week (I just caught up)? Has anyone heard rumours about what Dan may be doing?

The other theories are that he's moving to Giant Bomb East or that they're just F-ing with people for either fun or to have Dan leave in the most "Wrestling" way possible.

Unlike the rest if the world I don't hate Dan. But holy shit I don't want him anywhere near the beastcast.

What? He is the perfect Austin replacement. They are basically the same person.

I was listening to the Furi Quicklook on the way to work. Brad and Dan were talking about the prices for lunch in San Francisco and Dan said something like "I could get ten sandwiches for that in New York." Combine that with the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Quicklook on the east coast that Dan guested in, and I think him heading to the GBEast is a pretty good possibility. I suppose we'll know after tomorrow's podcast.

My first thought was he was moving cross-country so his fiancé could be closer to her family and that he'd just join GBEAST, but now I'm wondering if maybe he's just taking an extended vacation before Games Season to get married and have a honeymoon. I would imagine they'd be married in NJ as she's from Jersey and I doubt Dan cares where he gets married, but who knows.

I just don't see Dan leaving GB completely, however. He'll never have a better job than the one he's got. Austin and Patrick left because while great additions to the family, they undoubtedly felt like they belonged elsewhere.

...what if he's doing the RV trip with Johnny V? With Adam Boyes just being announced as the new CEO of Iron Galaxy, Dave Lang may be able to spare some road trip time. I don't think it's actually going to happen, BUT WHAT IF IT HAPPENED?

The only way Dan ever leaves Giant Bomb is if he somehow ends up being hired by WWE or something like that.

Interesting. Is it weird that it feels like he's made too many moves? I mean I guess I'm the guy who does 5-ish years at my jobs before moving on, but it feels like he's moving around more than a lot of journalists that I follow online.