I was worried by what would happen in a live Mario Party Party. It turns out that it was great! Brad was awake the whole time and the last 5 turns are the universe telling us that yes, Mario Party is a great game.

Would anything be missed by me just skipping to the last five turns or so and not watching an entire 50 turn Mario Party?

The UBERMOSH quick look is brilliant. I love how exasperated Vinny gets over new slang.

Also I ended up buying that game and it's really fun. At that price it's definitely worth checking out.

Would anything be missed by me just skipping to the last five turns or so and not watching an entire 50 turn Mario Party?

What makes the ending so great is in large part due to all the shit that happened leading up to it. Just put it on in the background while you do something else, and then tune in when people start shouting.

What makes the ending so great is in large part due to all the shit that happened leading up to it. Just put it on in the background while you do something else, and then tune in when people start shouting.

Counterpoint: no, watch the last 5 turns do not watch all of fucking Mario Party. Cackle in glee at the word "kingmaker".

I dunno, I had it up on a 2nd monitor while I was doing some work and there are some fun moments in there like when they all continually fail to cross that stupid bridge for the 1st star or when Dan backstabs everyone in a Bowser stage and everyone but him loses all their coins. Dan makes such a good heel. If you (understandably) feel compelled to skip around, just keep an eye out for any dramatic change in coin values or any time someone gets a star.

The King of Dragon's Pass Quick Look is so good. Austin is continually exasperated by Vinny's villainy. Obviously Austin never watched any of the Sleeping Dogs QLs.

In episode 14 of the Beastcast, Vinny's concerns about installing malicious software when downloading and playing small games was eye-opening for me. I wonder how much this concern retards the adoption of hobbyist games.

Is there a way for hobbyist or small, unknown developers to ensure that their game isn't going to turn the player's computer into a bot? How does Steam avoid these concerns? Is it just a matter of blind trust in certain distribution channels?

In episode 14 of the Beastcast, Vinny's concerns about installing malicious software when downloading and playing small games was eye-opening for me. I wonder how much this concern retards the adoption of hobbyist games.

Is there a way for hobbyist or small, unknown developers to ensure that their game isn't going to turn the player's computer into a bot? How does Steam avoid these concerns? Is it just a matter of blind trust in certain distribution channels?

I forget the exact context, but when they're talking about the submissions for the Indie Megabooth, unsigned code was the big concern. Obviously, it's not going to be easy (or really have a point) for a small company to sign code at development milestones just for distribution for press demos. I don't know what the answer is really.

As someone in the comments said this had a better storyline than Summerslam with Dan as the heel, Drew as the underdog face and Jeff as the cynic who's too old for this shit. And just like any good wrestling show the crowd really adds to it. I can't wait for  6 after how this ended and am currently  two hours into the first one which like 6 makes for really good background tv while reading.

I'm kinda waiting for a mashup like that. I don't wanna watch the whole thing twice just to get Dan's gleeful spite.

This Ryckert vs Klepek thing has been hilarious, I'm hoping the unarchived do a mashup of Dan periscoping and Patricks last night attemps like this gif

That's up now.

Is anyone else into Alt+F1? I'm looking forward to the train wreck of a podcast they're putting out this week, where Danny and Dan (!!!) will discuss the great US GP and the upcoming Mexican GP.

I hadn't heard about that. Dan is weirdly open-minded at times, so hopefully this will be one of those times and it turns out well.

Yes, love Alt+F1. That's what I suspected their plan was going to be. It has the potential to be a really good podcast, if Dan watched the race. Hell of a first race to be introduced! It's not a Canada 2011, but it was pretty good.