tegan

I Had a Random Thought (About Video Games)

Yeah. I mean honestly I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, but I like to buy a pass just in case and sell it at cost to someone else if I do end up not going. At least I got my TI5 ticket for sweet Dota fun times this year.

My hard drive failed the other day and I haven't had time to fix it yet.  This means that for the first time in probably 18 months I've missed the Spelunky daily challenge.

i dont even know who u r anymore

Welp, PAX Prime is nearly sold out. I find this whole part of the process so depressing, because there's such a demand for events like PAX but every time it sells out and hordes of people are disappointed. Glad that I don't even entertain the notion of attending Prime or East.

I was working from home yesterday with fairly lousy signal, so I didn't get the text message from Twitter until 45 minutes into sales. I still got Monday passes, but I'm not sure if I'll even use them. This will be the first PAX Prime that I haven't attended all 3-4 days since the very start.

Is there any chiptune equivalent that emulates that Genesis hard rock sound? Most chiptune I've heard seems to be strictly NES inspired, but those Genesis games that tried to do heavy metal sound so amazing and distinctive.

I've come across Genesis inspired chiptune, but not specifically hard-rock; that's pretty cool! 

Not totally what you were after, but I may as well make you aware of the Soundshock albums. It's more funk than heavy metal, but it still has that Genesis FM sound. Many of the tracks sound like they'd fit pretty well in Sonic 3 or something. 

Both albums are free to download from here:

http://ubiktune.com/releases/ubi020-various-artists-soundshock-fm-funk-maddness

I was working from home yesterday with fairly lousy signal, so I didn't get the text message from Twitter until 45 minutes into sales. I still got Monday passes, but I'm not sure if I'll even use them. This will be the first PAX Prime that I haven't attended all 3-4 days since the very start.

It seems like they deliberately tried to make it difficult because they determined that some people who were getting full con passes weren't going the entire con.

I have my reservations about PAX (I won't be going to PAX Prime again), but in terms of Australian conventions it's either PAX Aus, which at least pays lip service to being a safe space, or Supanova, who invited Adam Baldwin as the guest of honour this year and told the people who were upset that they wanted to be inclusive and the people trying to exclude Adam Baldwin and his fans weren't welcome.

(I had stronger reservations last year, and counted on a friend of mine who had signed up to be an Enforcer to judge how skeevy PAX Aus was. Turns out she's volunteering at Supanova as well, even after the Adam Baldwin thing.)

Guy Fieri looks like a Fire-type Pokémon Gym Leader.

bkMJLoc.png

Fuck, he even has an appropriately punny name.

So that Quiet figurine with the squeezable boobs is pretty gross, huh? I'm only going to buy three of them

I guess I forgot about all of the bullshit Kojima had been spewing lately  while we were worried about his employment status. Ugh.

After finishing P4G, I want to try a mainline Shin Megami Tensei game. What's a good place to start? I've heard the PS2 ones are the best, but I've never owned a PS2...

I'd be curious about that as well.  I've wanted to try a SMT game for awhile, but just have no clue where to begin.

Am I good if I still don't know what Leeeeeroy Jenkins is after 10 years of existence?

That video legitimately got one of my friends into WoW and then he made me get into it too while he was addicted. I don't think he understood my general lack of being WoWed.

Am I good if I still don't know what Leeeeeroy Jenkins is after 10 years of existence?

Well at least you got chicken.

I'd be curious about that as well.  I've wanted to try a SMT game for awhile, but just have no clue where to begin.

I hear SMT IV for the 3DS is pretty good, so long as you accept that, like P4, it takes a while to get to the point where the 'real' game begins.

It seems strange that no one has come out with Factory Farm Simulator 201*. It seems like a perfect match. Environmental design that minimizes time between calving and being connected to the milking machine. Experimenting with the right mixture of antibiotics to keep them producing high yields. How is this not a thing? PETA has to be working on this right?

Searching a bit more it looks like SMT: Nocturne on PS2 is one of the best. Generally people seem to like the Persona games more than the mainline series. Since I'm never going to get a PS2, I might just try Persona 3 Portable.

You'll probably get a huge kick out of Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth on the 3DS Griddlelol, It's got the cast of P3 and P4, as well as being a really fun JRPG. I played P3P and it was fun, but I hear that the PS2 P3:FES is better, purely because you can actually run around in the enviroments, not just scroll through static screens like in P3P.

Persona Q is actually a Persona-skinned Etrian Odyssey game, so it's not necessarily indicative of the way mainline SMT games play.