melmer

Star Wars VII - Open spoilers

I just PMed Arthur and he told me that one of his friends worked on the "Han Solo grave" set, which is cool.

Just call me "Hot Scoopz". Can also confirm Jar Jar is a Jedi and all the dancing mini-games from Star Wars Kinect are EXTREMELY canon now.

Oh a part of this movie was filmed on Skellig Michael as I found out recently.

I'm sure the tourism out there is going to boom.

Oh man when you look at the Wikipedia image you can almost see the X-Wings circling.

Really really curious to see how (if?) SW7 will be more inclusive of Chinese / Asian audiences. I mean, I hope so, and in a totally cool way.

Really really curious to see how (if?) SW7 will be more inclusive of Chinese / Asian audiences. I mean, I hope so, and in a totally cool way.

Twice as many Neimoidians! Also, there will be twenty minutes set on the planet of Chino, only included in the China release.

I can't see it either but I assume its the news that principal photography has been completed and that the title will be Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Also happy birthday

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Rise of the Force

Star Wars Episode IX: Return of the Force Chronicles: Revelations

*fart noise*

It's an appropriate Star Wars name. I don't know. It's not impressive or anything, just.. functional. It's better than any of the prequel names, at least.

It's an appropriate Star Wars name. I don't know. It's not impressive or anything, just.. functional. It's better than any of the prequel names, at least.

It makes me think about how the prequel names broke the spell of Star Wars nomenclature for me. The subtitles of the original trilogy are set in my mind as real things, but even Han Solo sounds goofy to me if I dwell on it too long. Just about every combination of non-words sounds like the name of a Star Wars character to me, and every portentously vague phrase sounds like the subtitle for a new Star Wars movie. It's madlibs at this point.

Functional yes, but it just sounds like it was spat out of a subtitle generator to me. It doesn't say anything meaningful about the piece.

Whatever, it's the least important thing about the merits of a movie.

It doesn't say anything meaningful about the piece.

You haven't seen the movie yet!

I'm guessing this reveals their justification for the movie being set 30 years after ROTJ - the awareness of the Force has been made all but extinct, as Luke is the only Jedi left and he's had minimal training. Ep VII will involve some big new threat forcing Luke to step things up and reawaken the Force in the eyes of the galaxy.

I think the subtitle fits perfectly well with all the others - they're supposed to be cheesy Republic Serial sounding episode titles.

You haven't seen the movie yet!

So? "The Force Awakens" can be applied to literally any first installment of a Star Wars trilogy, whatever the premise. It's also self-evident from very idea of there being another Star Wars trilogy. Like I said though it's really not important. There's just not much to talk about with these movies yet.

My friend just found out that his cousin is in the film!? As a puppet :) this guy is a puppeteer and has worked on the muppet movies, he walks around in big human size puppet suits. Anyway, he just told my friend who's a massive Star Wars fan over Facebook chat. He can't say anymore than that as he's signed loads of legal documents, but he did say he would be a action figure

So I don't think you can say that the title of a piece doesn't say anything meaningful about the piece if you barely know anything about the piece.

"The Force Awakens" can be applied to literally any first installment of a Star Wars trilogy, whatever the premise.

Also disagree. It doesn't apply to, say, Episode 1 unless you really stretch. (And if you want to stretch, how about a Star Wars trilogy that opens with the last Jedi being killed off and carries on to be about bounty hunters and smugglers?)

Mington - that's ace! Hope your friend doesn't also have an uncle who works for Nintendo...

I think the subtitle fits perfectly well with all the others - they're supposed to be cheesy Republic Serial sounding episode titles.

This! :tup:

Also, I deffo disagree that this title could apply to any Star Wars movie. Really? It would've maybe fit Episode IV.. But none of the others, really.

So I don't think you can say that the title of a piece doesn't say anything meaningful about the piece if you barely know anything about the piece.

Also disagree. It doesn't apply to, say, Episode 1 unless you really stretch. (And if you want to stretch, how about a Star Wars trilogy that opens with the last Jedi being killed off and carries on to be about bounty hunters and smugglers?)

Considering the lead Jedi Masters die in both Episode 1 and Episode 4 it would be an extreme lack of awareness to kill whatever Jedi Masters remain in Episode 7, unless perhaps if it was in the first act. Do you honestly think there would ever be a Star Wars trilogy without Jedis though?

You don't need to know the script of the film to understand how vague and generic a title it is. Seriously, the only way it could be more generic is if it was called Jedi Origins. In fact I'll give you some other names that will prove to be equally as relevant.

Jedi Rising
Dawn of the Force
The Jedi Chronicles
Jedi Generations
Legacy of the Force
Galactic Jedi Saga
Return of the Sith

All of them are Stock Subtitles.

...and The Force Awakens sounds better than all of those. What's your point?