I'm not watching this bullshit but from what I've gathered, Telltale is making a Borderlands adventure game with Gearbox.

I was sort of expecting that to be a joke...

Reggie threatens to beat Joel with a stick. Best.

I can't lie, the thought of Reggie beating me with a stick terrifies me. Reggie terrifies me. ...I am easily intimidated.

The only good thing has been Mega64's video, which I loved because a ) Mega64, b )It kinda' takes a shit on the show it is being presented at.

But yeah, everything has been so fucking bad and awkward. Are they filming this from someone's fucking apartment?

Yeah... I have watched 10 minutes here and there, and I don't understand this shit at all. For example, is Joel McHale being himself, Jeff Winger, or just making fun of the whole show?

Also, what was Steve's Tweet about?

I'm not watching this bullshit but from what I've gathered, Telltale is making a Borderlands adventure game with Gearbox.

I thought this was a joke until I looked it up.

Hahaha Steve in that clip where he got the award. Too good.

Game of Thrones Telltale game. Yeah, just wipe that earlier announcement from your memory and soak this one in instead.

Game of Thrones Telltale game. Yeah, just wipe that earlier announcement from your memory and soak this one in instead.

Can't like both?

I'm really, really going to have to be convinced that Borderlands is backdrop worthy of an adventure game, because I frankly think it's just barely interesting enough to keep me interested in playing the shooter part of that franchise. I'm already convinced that Game of Thrones is a franchise perfect for an adventure game, Telltale just has to execute.

Well that's very sad for you. In fact, I think Borderlands might even work BETTER as an adventure game than it does as a shooter.

What the fuck did Joel McHale smoke to get through this.

He actually said he was drunk. Wow, I know he's been saying shitty and insulting jokes, but I feel so bad for him. Not only is he drunk, but he hates where he is and why he's here. He's such a lively guy at interviews and other live events, but this...this is just sad. And I feel he knows people hate this. McHale was always been outspoken about the plasticity and coldness of Hollywood media, and I feel he's getting the same vibe from this gig he's doing.

Also, I feel this show is unintentionally becoming an odd deconstruction of modern mainstream vidoegame industry and culture. Crass, cold, calculated, lacking in empathy, and purely commercial in mindset.

VGX is the Inferno and Joel McHale is its Dante. 

GymgC1q.png

Joel McHale was by far the best part of this entire thing.

Well, the reveal of No Man's Sky is giving him a run for his money, but that's the only other thing.

But yeah you can tell he doesn't want to be there. Why does he take the job if he doesn't want to do it, though? Man.

But yeah you can tell he doesn't want to be there. Why does he take the job if he doesn't want to do it, though? Man.

773319396_45720.gif?4

Man, I'm disappointed that the Game of Thrones game is based on the show and not the books.

Im generally a McHale fan; but i thought he was one of the worst parts of the show. His questions were awkward and 90% of his jokes didnt hit (doubt he wrote his own stuff though).

That and I hated every viral bit (even Mega 64 and Roosterteeth who are generally groups I enjoy)

Man, I'm disappointed that the Game of Thrones game is based on the show and not the books.

I can't imagine it'll make much of a difference. These franchise-based games are incredibly peripheral to the main storyline of the franchise which they are based, so it'll probably be distant from any details that differentiate the books and the show.

tumblr_mxgq0bsiEl1qzr0xko1_500.png

Sums up the whole thing beautifully. That was fucking embarrassing and disgusting with only microscopic glimmers of hope.

Do we know what No Man's Sky is being developed for? I get the feeling it's PC-only, but I can always hope.