It does have exclusives PC owners know they will never see. It both saddens and enchants me that I'm genuinely interested in a mario game for the first time since (potentially) Sunshine for the gamecube.

Yup. I'm not particularly suffering for my lack of Killzone and Forza on my PC.

Yup. I'm not particularly suffering for my lack of Killzone and Forza on my PC.

But.... Destiny :(

edit: damn you idlethumbs! I constantly forget about the tomato monster!

But.... Destiny :(

edit: damn you idlethumbs! I constantly forget about the tomato monster!

Okay, you got me. Of course, I'm still down for Destiny and Infamous: Second Son and planning on buying a PS4, but all that's probably four or five months from now. Until then, Wii U feels like the right choice for what's out now and what's on the radar.

The game that I spent the most time with this year was Shadowrun Returns.  The main campaign was decent, and I am having lots of fun with the user-created missions.  It's very much a pen-and-paper-inspired guided RPG, but it's built in a way where it's fun to try out different classes and abilities.

I'm actually probably going to get a Wii U long before I get one of the other consoles.

Me as well, and up until the way things went at E3 this year, i was almost certain i would have gotten the next X-box first.

Now I'm mostly excited to see more of Monolith's

after Xenoblade, which ended up becoming probably one of my favorite RPG's.

It does have exclusives PC owners know they will never see. It both saddens and enchants me that I'm genuinely interested in a mario game for the first time since (potentially) Sunshine for the gamecube.

You know, it's not like Galaxy was a bad game. Did you play it?

You know, it's not like Galaxy was a bad game. Did you play it?

No, I never owned a Wii and was actively disinterested in every aspect of it. Though, I did eventually buy one for my Mom, maybe I'll go back and play it (It does seem very cool).

Viewed from the perspective of people who play a lot of games, the Wii will never be regarded as one of Nintendo's stronger platforms, but there's still some really incredible standout games that are absolutely worth playing. (Hey, and you can play them on the Wii U, since that system is fully backwards compatible.)

I had maybe four or five standout experiences on the Wii. Not enough to warrant a console purchase in retrospect, but I'm still glad I had it to play the likes of Mario Galaxy, Fragile Dreams and Excite Truck.

I don't know if this counts as game of the year content, by my "Saddest moment in gaming this year" is that I just realized the fact that Cheetahman II's Kickstarter managed to reach it's goal when so many better games didn't...

Heck, even Boogerman deserved to reach it's goal more than Cheetahman II. :(