clyde

Intoxicated:

Currently at the third anniversary party of one of my favorite local breweries, Peticolas Brewing Company in Dallas, TX. This has only reinforced the notion that this is one of the best breweries in the country. Holy shit.

It's an embarassment to the artform that SSX is not on PC.

Trying to peel off one more second on a global run you are ranked gold on within the last 20 minutes of the event is intoxicating (but that's not why I'm posting in the intoxicated thread, I'm posting here because I'm drunk).

oh god isn't it though

ISN'T IT THOUGH

People without xboxes and ps3's can't feel this noise!

I currently have a

r.

Got drunk on Jim Beam and Ginger Ale last night (my favourite combination outside of Tuaca and Ginger Beer) and tried to play GTA V. My girlfriend came home to find me in a very foul mood.

I spoke to her this morning, sh esaid that seeing GTA onscreen was like a trigger for a bunch of really bad memories - basically everyone she has known who was really into the game ended up being a douchebag.

I've enjoyed the aftermath of my first day of work (and a new colleague's birthday) with a couple drinks. I then foolishly posted several things on here. My brain currently says that I did well with those posts, all things considered. And now I realise that's exactly what a too drunk brain would say.

I'm going to make pasta.

I've enjoyed the aftermath of my first day of work (and a new colleague's birthday) with a couple drinks. I then foolishly posted several things on here. My brain currently says that I did well with those posts, all things considered. And now I realise that's exactly what a too drunk brain would say.

I'm going to make pasta.

I would say that of all of my posts, probably only around 1-2% have been while I was under the influence of something. What's ironic though is that what I go through is the exact opposite of what you are describing. I do all of my posting sober and then when I am in an altered state of mind (i.e. usually weed), I start to worry that I was being too arrogant or dumb or rambly or whatever when I did my sober posts and am scared to even check back on the forums to see if there are any replies to what I'm sure was a dumb post. So many times I have started a post sober, went and smoked, then came back and deleted everything and logged off because I didn't like where my train of thought was going.

I made a mistake and bought a case of Shiner's Birthday Beer. It's a chocolate stout and it's way too sweet. Gotta get rid of these tonight!

I made a mistake and bought a case of Shiner's Birthday Beer. It's a chocolate stout and it's way too sweet. Gotta get rid of these tonight!

I almost bought a six-pack of that.  I actually like chocolate-y stouts (Lakewood Temptress is one of my favorite beers, even though it's really a Milk Stout that just tastes chocolate-y), but I decided I actually have enough beer and held back.

Still want to try it, but I kinda doubt it's going to match up to the incredible local stuff I've been drinking lately.

Every month in the T-dizzle we have a game developer meet up, and man, sometimes it feels like everyone is doing something more interesting than you. I  have gone to said meet up every month for over a year now, and I got some good friends there, it's always interesting, and I often get to bump shoulders with some cool video game dudes I respect a lot. K, it's weird making friends after college.  

uh o, I'm drunk again, tonight I had the pleasure of seeing someone i hadn't seen in like, 5 years maybe? And i say pleasure like, half sarcastically, half not. Life is weird.

I was pretty drunk tonight (okay, still am pretty drunk) and had a discussion with my colleagues about the nightmares we have. I discovered that I have 0% nightmares about driving or running from stuff, and 100% nightmares about seeing old or dead friends with whom I'm no longer in contact. Sobering!

I used to have recurring nightmares about some of the people I know who've died, by far the worst nightmares I've ever had.  They weren't violent or anything, but something about them freaked me out more than anything else.  I haven't had one of those dreams in a decade though (thank heavens). 

Apparently I'm pretty good at Galaga when I'm several Strongbows into an evening.  Got to Stage 37 and beat the current high score on this machine without too much trouble, before getting a bit bored and going back to hang out with people at the bar we were at tonight. 

No way you to stage 37. That like my second best arcade game, and I get to nine at best. Also, I don't know anyone who died, so, lucky me?

I've hit max score (which you have to die to save it, or it rolls back to 0) and I've hit its equivalent of a "kill screen" (which isn't actually a kill screen, but it rolls over to a glitched stage 1 or 0 or something).  I've only ever done the Kill Screen thing with a partner though, trading back and forth because of the time it takes.  My brother and I did it a couple of times back on an original machine in the late 80s.  I was kind of obsessed with Galaga, only one of the old arcade games I ever got that good at. 

I had a shitty few years with death from 95-99.  I lost more people in those four years than the rest of my life combined.  And just random shit, mostly car crashes, but a few other causes as well.

I had a shitty few years with death from 95-99.  I lost more people in those four years than the rest of my life combined.  And just random shit, mostly car crashes, but a few other causes as well.

I lost more than a few at the end of high school and the beginning of college, plus there's a bunch of people with whom I fell out of contact after graduating from both who seem to fall into the same unconscious mental space.

Same time period in my life. Too much freedom, but not enough brains/control. Some people just don't survive that. Honestly, I think I'm lucky I did, looking back. I did some dumb shit, especially if it involved fast cars.

Dear Idle Thumbs forum, I am sorry I was mean earlier. I don't apologize for what I said because it was true but I was also underslept and had a really intense week doing shit for everyone else but now I have white wine