Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

This isn't particularly notable, except that it's the longest recorded run I've had so far.

There're a couple of close calls, though.

I enjoyed watching that. My favorite part was when you were contemplating murder and your ethics seemed to depend on which weapons you had available to you. When deciding that your lack of weapons is enough reason to let them live you find the freeze-ray and spend a good 10 seconds wondering if it changes the equation. That was my favorite part.

This isn't particularly notable, except that it's the longest recorded run I've had so far.

There're a couple of close calls, though.

Too bad about that spike pit, those things always make me nervous.

I enjoyed watching that. My favorite part was when you were contemplating murder and your ethics seemed to depend on which weapons you had available to you. When deciding that your lack of weapons is enough reason to let them live you find the freeze-ray and spend a good 10 seconds wondering if it changes the equation. That was my favorite part.

Hahah that's excellent. Thanks! :D

Uploaded today's (23rd) run, it went pretty well (except a couple of notable stupid falls and well that whole end bit). Twig your run was excellent, a little bit more expert than mine, a little bit more ambitious :D 

Uploaded today's (23rd) run, it went pretty well (except a couple of notable stupid falls and well that whole end bit). Twig your run was excellent, a little bit more expert than mine, a little bit more ambitious :D

Curious, was there a reason why you avoided the black market?

In which I replace Spelunky's music with my favorite rap music to combat crippling depression, and then a vampire ruins my day.

Hey everybody, I just managed to get into the share steam beta, and since I want to copy everything Clyde (my husband)does, I want to compete with the same people too.

My steam name is: cm0nster

Le spikes again

Haha I love how you back all the way up, as if to gain as much speed as possible, before hitting the wall, and falling straight down.

I can confirm that I am in fact married to Capt. Hastings, also known as "cm0nster" on steam.

Any word on if the Gog version of the game will get the daily challenges? Noticed that it's half off there, but it was this daily challenge stuff that sort of pushed me into wanting to buy it in the first place and I wouldn't want to miss out on that.

I'd love to get in the group as well. Although I am generally terrible.

Died to the latest challenge by slowly falling into the Abyss with a cape. There is plenty of time to reflect on how everything went wrong.

Edit: And not even realize you can save yourself with ropes. Blast it all!

And not even realize you can save yourself with ropes. Blast it all!

I am so hesitant to spend a rope, but so willing to spend a bomb. Does that seem right to you?

This was such a generous Daily. It's too bad I bought a really shitty third party controller to play today, because it's horrible D-Pad ran ended up making me spike myself.

Actually I don't think you can save yourself with ropes when you're falling since you can only throw them up in midair.

So I was doing a kill all shopkeepers run and managed to clear the black market but I stupidly got frozen in the ice caves and fell into the abyss while trying to juggle the shotgun and Monty. And apparently the Ankh is bugged so you just get a black screen when you die that way and have to manually end the run.

I have to say reading through these is a lot like listening to the Prince describe his adventure in Sands of Time.

Le spikes again

No wait, that's not how it happened.

Oct 24: In which I decide to jump on some spikes.

Let me try that again.

Died to the latest challenge by slowly falling into the Abyss with a cape.

No no no, that's not how it happened

horrible D-Pad ran ended up making me spike myself.

No wait, that's not how it happened.

So I was doing a kill all shopkeepers run and managed to clear the black market but I stupidly got frozen in the ice caves and fell into the abyss while trying to juggle the shotgun and Monty.

So excited about getting a boomerang! So excited.

(I have a real breathy problem in this recording. I'll try to be more conscious of it in the future.)

(I REALLY wish my friend had been recording. But I also kind of like his description of what happened to him as I get to the same spot. Still, I finally forced him to set up Fraps so that future runs WILL be recorded! I'm also gonna have to learn a bit of video editing to get them to play nice with each other, but I think it won't be too hard. We'll see if I think it's even worth it after the first day.)

Curious, was there a reason why you avoided the black market?

If memory serves my reasoning was that the market appeared to be in a dense piece of rock and I only had 2 bombs, wasn't sure I could locate it. Probably a bad call on my part!

Any word on if the Gog version of the game will get the daily challenges? Noticed that it's half off there, but it was this daily challenge stuff that sort of pushed me into wanting to buy it in the first place and I wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any news to that effect. As best I can tell it is exclusive to Steam, presumably because Steam can access your friend's list, which there isn't any analog to for GOG. So I wouldn't count on that feature appearing unless they were to redo their website and infrastructure.

Well done clyde:)

I would say that Spelunky is crushing my spirit, but it is more accurately impaling it:/

Just skip to the last minute -  it was all going so well.