Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Yeah, I find myself sitting at the computer at 7:58 pm EST. I sit there rhythmically tapping until I see the steam-overlay pop-up that says "Hammerpants is now playing Spelunky" and that's when I know the new daily challenge is available.

Yeah, I find myself sitting at the computer at 7:58 pm EST. I sit there rhythmically tapping until I see the steam-overlay pop-up that says "Hammerpants is now playing Spelunky" and that's when I know the new daily challenge is available.

Hahaha that's great.  I usually get home just before 8pm so the daily is often the first thing I do when I get home :)

Ahh okay, thanks! I'm adding that to my list of world clocks to keep track of.

Worst attempt so far, only 39 seconds at $1300. I really need to practice throwing things.

Bought a new controller today, one which supports both xinput and directinput. I used a directinput controller before with xinput emulation, but that didn't feel right.

I tried talking during my recorded run for the first time in several days and promptly walked right into spikes on 1-2. 

I BEAT OLMEC. I SHOULD BE BEYOND THIS.

Ahem.

At least I did better than Nick today (except that he got much further), but I still sucked big time. I did find an awesome knife.

I can never resist an idol, even when it's such an obviously bad idea.

Ugh... some day I will get better. I knew I was getting killed, but I just had to try to make the jump.

I did quite well today, reached 1-4. I tried to catch a firefly but missed the jump and fell in front of an arrow trap. I should have defused the trap before I try to mess around it.

Ugh.

Why do you skip so many pots?

Also, seeing you get a different (much better) gift when you sacrifice the man tells me that sacrifice drops aren't predetermined, which I never knew.

Why do you skip so many pots?

Also, seeing you get a different (much better) gift when you sacrifice the man tells me that sacrifice drops aren't predetermined, which I never knew.

I'm almost certain the sacrifice drops are predetermined.  What convinced you otherwise?

I just had a ufo shoot another ufo that fell at that falling-ufo-angle and it landed on me.