Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Well done clyde:)

I would say that Spelunky is crushing my spirit, but it is more accurately impaling it:/

Just skip to the last minute -  it was all going so well.

Top notch anguished noises

Well done clyde:)

I would say that Spelunky is crushing my spirit, but it is more accurately impaling it:/

Just skip to the last minute -  it was all going so well.

Oh my word.

Died on 1-1 today. 1-freaking-1. I always seem to die to arrow traps knocking me into spikes. There have been a ton of those lately.

Damniiiiit. I unplugged and replugged my microphone at some point during the day, APPARENTLY, and that messed up OBS' detection of it, resulting in it not knowing where to source the audio input from. For some dumb reason. I had to tell it again, but I only realized that after recording the run. So I have no voice, but my friend does. And this is the first time he recorded his run, too. RUINEd. EVERYTHING.

I liked this run, too, because I died in the exact same way as I died yesterday. Only I should've known better, because I DID IT YESTERDAY.

MANTRAP

Died on 1-1 today. 1-freaking-1. I always seem to die to arrow traps knocking me into spikes. There have been a ton of those lately.

On one daily, after a really harsh day in work I sat down and started, and _immediately_ jumped and died on the spikes not 3 squares to the left. It was, as Chris Remo would say, 'bonkers'.

Yesterday's daily seemed to go well, I almost gave Clyde a run for his money: 

Almost.

The two most recent dailies... I just... Yesterday's was so bad I deleted the recording. Not even a humourously early death! Just another boring run. Guh.

I sacrificed the idol to Kali and instead of picking up my new friend, I
whipped it. That suuuucked. Then I had spent so much time doing that, when I
found the key and the damsel on the far side of the shopkeeper (from the door) I
was like "I gots to get moving!" and immediately jumped on some spikes. I felt
such loss as I watched my body sink. There was so. much. money.

Congratulations Hammer.

I thought you were a goner a few times. When you managed to grab the moving block, I thought it had smashed you. Then you almost landed in the lava bombing for Olmec. It was fun watching you go into Hell, I've never been there.

How have I not learned my lesson about third party controllers?

MADCatz?!

I always go with the official 360 wired controller. I learned my lesson from a crappy GameStop 360 controller I got quite awhile ago. Never worked right.

I am a bit worried about will happen with the new consoles, since I assume it will split the PC controller standard into 360 and possibly the XBox One?

So when people buy the spiky shoes, is that just in anticipation of the ice levels, or do they do anything in the earlier levels?

So when people buy the spiky shoes, is that just in anticipation of the ice levels, or do they do anything in the earlier levels?

They double jump damage, right? Good for killing the big spiders and... I don't know. Do they hurt the big frogs?

They instakill cavemen and scorpions and yetis and whatnot, it's the only way to kill giant frogs, and other giant stuff takes half as much jump damage. Plus ice level traction. Pretty sweet.

The spike shoes are a pretty high priority item for me. Being able to kill most things with a single jump saves me from a lot of potential damage.

Standing close to explosions is sexy:

Wait, so the explosion fired the rock at you? Oof.