Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Oh God, i came to post just this:

Just as I was getting used to the fact that we all died the same way, you added a beautiful iteration. Hilarious, and you know I'm laughing with you, not at you. This game.

Beautiful.

That makes three of us.

Looking at The leaderboard, I'm guessing Shammack makes four.

Oh Dibs, that was the best.

On my run for 10/22 I mused that it was such an easy seed, and wondered how everyone else was doing with a Daily that was so generous with gold. TURNS OUT.

Then, with my demise, I invented a perpetual pain machine. Because Spelunky.

I had a really hard time with the run tonight. Patrick is still in-game and I don't want to interrupt his concentration, but I can't wait until he finishes to see what he thought about it.

Man alive,

opportunity was scattered everywhere, but most of them took too many resources
or too much time to get to. bought plenty of bombs, but I didn't feel comfortable mining with them; most of the crates took multiple bombs to get to (but they teased me with soo many crates). The only opportunity I felt I could jump at was
being able to get the kapala so early, not that it mattered since I died from a missed jump that stunned me while I had a mine in my hand. uhh...beep.beep.beep.beep. 

I actually just accidentally left the game on. Going into it now! But I have a secret weapon...

EDIT: Welp, my controller just died, so nevermind. Unless Gamestop is still open I have to go back to the keyboard AKA die immediately.

I can't wait until I get past the point where I choke unexpectedly at random points and just run into spikes. To be fair, this time it was because I was carrying a gold-pooping monkey and he pooped on the spikes I was running over and the sound/image confused me so I let go of the right trigger... Yeah, no. I'll get better.

I can't wait until I get past the point where I choke unexpectedly at random points and just run into spikes. To be fair, this time it was because I was carrying a gold-pooping monkey and he pooped on the spikes I was running over and the sound/image confused me so I let go of the right trigger... Yeah, no. I'll get better.

It is really fun to know about what is available so that you get to watch viable strategies develop and shed during a run, but the initial sense of discovery and eureka moments are worth appreciating. Don't be in a hurry, I'd love to be able to see it all again for the first time.

I still choke at random points and run into spikes though. Actually I pick up pirana plants and they eat me. That happens way more than you would think it should.

In keeping with my tendency to turn my Daily Challenges into more of a personal diary podcast, my runs for the 20th and 21st have a guest, and we do not talk about Spelunky.

I was doing pretty well until I got to the ice caves, had a brain fart, and jumped straight into the abyss.

I ended up doing what I do a lot, which is die immediately after spending most of my money at the black market. :(

Well, I just found out for myself that "the black market" is not just a fanciful way of talking about the shopkeepers, so I'm doing something right.

This isn't particularly notable, except that it's the longest recorded run I've had so far.

There're a couple of close calls, though.

I'm hammerpants on steam if anyone wants to add me to compare leaderboard scores etc.

It looks like this is the place to post daily challenge runs?

Not actually sure how to embed the video directly in the post.

Edit: I guess my steam id is actually jeconner. http://steamcommunity.com/id/jeconner

Click on the blue and green icon beside the eraser and select "media" and put the link there.

I'm Clyde on Steam, I'll send you a friend request.

Click on the blue and green icon beside the eraser and select "media" and put the link there.

I'm Clyde on Steam, I'll send you a friend request.

Success! Thanks!