Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

"Oops" would be the description of my daily run:

My biggest obstacle was starting the daily challenge.

I don't really think explosive crates can touch enemies at all. I learned that the hard way.

I just watched that as if it was the Kennedy assassination. The spider seems to jump onto the bones and their fragments set off the box.

I just watched that as if it was the Kennedy assassination. The spider seems to jump onto the bones and their fragments set off the box.

That actually makes perfect sense.  Detective Clyde solves another case.

How are you guys recording this stuff? I just installed Spelunky on my HTPC so I'm going to start up playing it again, so I'll add you all on Steam. Just don't know how to record junk.

Thanks! I'll see if I can get it running this afternoon. I'm super-rusty after not playing so long, though, so I'm sure my first few videos will be five minutes or something.

OBS as well.

Pretty good run (and pretty good discussion of seminal 70's punk band Suicide) until I run into the most nefarious trap in the Ice Caves: the perpetual yeti death machine.

I see me way at the bottom of the list on that :) I haven't gotten to the point where I can even describe my runs effectively, let alone have something worth posting.

Another dumb death but at least it wasn't spikes :D

After the daily I played some more adventure mode and had a pretty good night.  Unlocked the viking.  Completed the game for the first time in the steam version.  Then later on, completed the game in under 8 minutes.  Speedlunky!

Another dumb death but at least it wasn't spikes :D

WAIT. WAIT.

"You must be in love."

You can just TAKE the damsels from the kissing booths/whorehouses? That doesn't aggro the shopkeeper? I always assumed he was a pimp of some kind and if I tried to take her he'd open fire.

Also: your time in the black market is crazy fun to watch, and return of The Perpetual Yeti Death Machine.

I have no idea why the shopkeepers spontaneously freaked out. Fuck those guys.

WAIT. WAIT.

"You must be in love."

You can just TAKE the damsels from the kissing booths/whorehouses? That doesn't aggro the shopkeeper? I always assumed he was a pimp of some kind and if I tried to take her he'd open fire.

Also: your time in the black market is crazy fun to watch, and return of The Perpetual Yeti Death Machine.

So if you pick up the damsel it gives you the option of buying her for a higher price than the kiss, 50% more I think.  

I have no idea why the shopkeepers spontaneously freaked out. Fuck those guys.

That boulder must have messed up the shopkeeper's store right before you left the level.

Last night was...interesting.

I had no idea the shop lanterns were objects you could pick up.

YOU CAN WHAT?

This game.

And that series of catastrophic events occurring off camera in the dark level was amazing.

YASD

Whoa, your little hop over the ghost's head on 1-2 was remarkable. And we were devoured by the same plant. Again, I'd love to see some percentages on how many people died in what way, because the worm tongue near the plant makes it a secret menace.

My run for 11/15/13 is basically just a mini-episode of my podcast where I talk about Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Saved for later. I'm down with this. I wanted to do the same thing with my podcast but this "in between computers" phase that was meant to last three or four days remains ongoing.

I am plotting a Daily Challenge recordings comeback and it will be pitiful! Pitiful I say!

My run for 11/15/13 is basically just a mini-episode of my podcast where I talk about Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

That was heartbreaking, you had so much health.